• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Teds sent down to Albany...

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lou not sure what they'll do with Matteau yet, didn't say who's coming up from Albany, wonder if its Butler??

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say play Matteau and bump his learning curve...

I haven't noticed any significant poor play or TO that ramifies a sent down. Play him, he's not blocking anyone from coming up right?

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, leave Matteau. He's not a liability, he doesn't seem out of place and I think he only improves from here. I am curious to see what happens with the spot opened up by Teds. Does this mean more Cam? Or maybe Harrold gets some time at forward and we roll with 7 D?

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Matteau's going to be sent down IMO. I wouldn't burn a year of the ELC. He hasn't exactly been lighting the world on fire.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no, but who would come in to set a fire? This could be a good chance for him to gain valuable experience, especially playing along with Kovy. It did wonders for Palmeri did it not? Matteau has lots to learn because IMO he's capable of growing...

plus his youth and energy will be needed once we return to our playoff forechecking...

but if there's someone better to play in his place, then to each his own. We're early in this shortened season and for me, I havent seen a glimpse or an episode where I'm like, get this kid out.....

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If this was any other season I would immediately say send Matteau down but i'm curious how he would respond with a shortened season. He should be physically fit and have enough conditioning for a 48 game season.

If lou is planing to trade for another Ponikarovsky type then yes send him down but with the roster as it is right now, he's only blocking Janssen from more playing time. He's definitely better than Cam out there.

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this was any other season I would immediately say send Matteau down but i'm curious how he would respond with a shortened season. He should be physically fit and have enough conditioning for a 48 game season.

If lou is planing to trade for another Ponikarovsky type then yes send him down but with the roster as it is right now, he's only blocking Janssen from more playing time. He's definitely better than Cam out there.

Hell your better than Cam out there....

kellmit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should send Matteau down for sure... don't burn a year off his entry level deal for a 48 gm schedule, bring up Butler and deal one of the extra D for another winger

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
interesting take from some....

avoid the early year deal or bring him through the emotions...

for those who want him to avoid the early bird special, do you think he will blossom into something special?

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say play Matteau and bump his learning curve...

I haven't noticed any significant poor play or TO that ramifies a sent down. Play him, he's not blocking anyone from coming up right?

I think he has played very solid games so far using the big frame and making some plays

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Matteau definitely needs some more seasoning. He's just not ready. I think he has looked fine, but we all want him to develop his game, and the best way to do that is play against similar aged opponents. I don't even think that Tedenby looked like he played worse than Matteau anyway.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i think matteau should and will be sent down. he has shown that he is an nhl caliber player but its TBD to find out the role. he hasnt really wow'd me at all.

tedenby all i can say is can we please close the chapter on this kid already? how many more chances is he going to get? it seems he doesnt understand the way he is wanted to be played here. all the talent isnt going to fix that. who knows hope im wrong

if he did get traded and tore it up elsewhere then so be it. doesnt mean he was meant to do it here and who knows maybe playing a more free style system like in edmonton he would thrive?

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Teds can bring us a sharpshooter of a young age(not one of those oldies) or a very high draft pick(whether its rookie/2nd yr guy or the pick itself) then do it...

i agree the chances are being given and it sucks that he hasn't blown it up yet.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, I don't think it's for lack of skill. But the bottom line is he doesn't backcheck, he doesn't hit people, he's not drawing penalties, if he's not putting up points he's not helping this team.

That's not to say he's not NHL calibre, I just don't think he fits the 2 way player mold of this organization.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, I don't think it's for lack of skill. But the bottom line is he doesn't backcheck, he doesn't hit people, he's not drawing penalties, if he's not putting up points he's not helping this team.

That's not to say he's not NHL calibre, I just don't think he fits the 2 way player mold of this organization.

and there are players like that, but if a team would be intrigue to send something for a player like Teds, then might as well make the move.

devil421

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
I say let Matteau stay. I cant count the number of cries for "more size in the lineup!" over the last few seasons and it would have helped against the Kings in the Finals last year. He brings that size and yeah Im not gonna lie. I want to see him play the Rangers.

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to agree with Cup on this. Teds is looking more and more like he doesn't belong. Matteau has been decent but needs more time to develop. We need another scorer whether it be a veteran or younger player.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
like nasty said he doesnt fit the 2way player this team wants of him.

i may not agree with that type of player you know i love my offensive guys....but hell the kid isnt even doing that! so its a no brainer let someone else worry about him. sadly i dont think he gets much more then a prospect or a 3rd round pick.

like i said if he did get dealt and went on to be a monster i wouldnt feel bad because its not like he wasnt given the chance here.

as far as mattuea. look at what happened with krieder last year with the rangers and now this year with them. granted its nyr but still similar situation. hell look at whats going on with larrson.

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I almost feel bad for TED, if he scored on that breakaway in game 1 he wouldn't hav been sent down, and he would have had more of a cushion.

Frankly if you keep matteau here, maybe he can thrive as a 3/4 liner, but he won't develop into that top 6 power forward that he's projected to be.