• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Teddy Gloves to Denver

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lateral move

Denver doesn’t get an inch better today
Bridgewater is IMO better than Lock. They went from shitty QB to decent QB and you can win with a decent QB if you have the roster...unfortunately for them, they do not have the roster

I suspect drafting QB may still be in play for them.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos' strategy at QB has been puzzling to say the least. It's like a volume strategy--just keep adding them in hopes one pans out?

But like the old saying goes, if you have two Qbs, it means you have none.

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bridgewater is IMO better than Lock. They went from shitty QB to decent QB and you can win with a decent QB if you have the roster...unfortunately for them, they do not have the roster

I think one of those guys (Bridge or Lock, I agree the former is better at this point) will turn out to be serviceable, and they should take Waddle if he's available.

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where my Bears fans at?

Would you have preferred Teddy for a sixth over the Red Rocket?
What Are You Doing Reaction GIF

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was kinda saying that drafting a QB didnt make sense for Denver for awhile because 2021 is the prove-it year for a lot of players and coaches. I'm going to get some flak for this but I think Denvers roster is in a better spot than Carolina's roster last year.

Ultimately, though, they still have the 4th best QB in the division and now they'll play their way out of the zone that will get them the ability to replace Bridgewater.

AFC West is going to be a tough division next year but as a Chiefs fan Id rather see this than the Broncos actually addressing the QB position.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There is talent there

problem is IMO, guys like Juedy, Sutton and Fant are best at stretching the field, and Teddy likes to keep it short and safe, or can only really keep it short and safe

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was kinda saying that drafting a QB didnt make sense for Denver for awhile because 2021 is the prove-it year for a lot of players and coaches. I'm going to get some flak for this but I think Denvers roster is in a better spot than Carolina's roster last year.

Ultimately, though, they still have the 4th best QB in the division and now they'll play their way out of the zone that will get them the ability to replace Bridgewater.

AFC West is going to be a tough division next year but as a Chiefs fan Id rather see this than the Broncos actually addressing the QB position.

Yeah in a division with Mahomes, Herbert and Carr, the only news to come out of this I would think is Denver possibly moving off the QB in this draft?

Because I don’t think Teddy has closed the gap in that division one iota

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos' strategy at QB has been puzzling to say the least. It's like a volume strategy--just keep adding them in hopes one pans out?

But like the old saying goes, if you have two Qbs, it means you have none.

I’m not a Lock fan but I’d rather go with the QB we don’t know the whole story about yet, than the QB you know who has a ceiling right around “serviceable”

flyingelvis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talking about the Pats because they are impacted by this. Rumor had it they were working with the Falcons to move to 4. Now I don't think they need to. They can afford to watch the possibility of the Falcons taking a QB. Cincy and Miami build around Burrow and Tua. So then the Pats either deal with Detroit or Carolina or hope Fields slides further. Should be interesting.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah in a division with Mahomes, Herbert and Carr, the only news to come out of this I would think is Denver possibly moving off the QB in this draft?

Because I don’t think Teddy has closed the gap in that division one iota
Teddy gives them consistency, though. If he has talent around him, he can get Denver to 10-6. Lock is hot one game and awful the next. Never got rapport with his receivers and had some turnover issues.

I just dont see Teddy able to take the Broncos anywhere. They have a lot of young players that will need to get paid and then they'll turn into a 4th place team again.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they still have the 4th best QB in the division

Tied for third. I think Bridgewater and Carr are basically on the same plane. If I had to choose which one I think is clearly better, I’d have to flip a coin.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fields to Carolina just got a lot more likely IMO.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tied for third. I think Bridgewater and Carr are basically on the same plane. If I had to choose which one I think is clearly better, I’d have to flip a coin.
I think Carr is Bridgewater's upside and probably not the expected result.

Lock starting one game this year?
Dang. 10-7 then. Stupid nfl changing what wasnt broken

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is talent there

problem is IMO, guys like Juedy, Sutton and Fant are best at stretching the field, and Teddy likes to keep it short and safe, or can only really keep it short and safe
I'm not totally up on Denver's wideout situation. But I agree about the "short and safe". Going back to Louisville, Teddy's always been more of a system-O distributor to short and intermediate routes.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's probably good for the Pats. In theory, it takes another team ahead of them needing to draft a QB off the table.

Doesn't mean the Broncos won't try and snag a QB.. Wouldn't be shocked if they drafted one

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If so, why spend the picks to bring in Darnold? Makes no sense.

I don't think what they gave up for Darnold was that big. If he plays well, great, but their commitment to him is pretty limited.

flyingelvis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't mean the Broncos won't try and snag a QB.. Wouldn't be shocked if they drafted one

True, which is why I said "in theory". But to me, it's like Carolina. Why bring in another QB if you are going to draft one. You can't sit a top 10 pick for very long. Unless Lock is gone. I guess makes a little more sense than Carolina picking a QB with Darnold.

flyingelvis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think what they gave up for Darnold was that big. If he plays well, great, but their commitment to him is pretty limited.

If you draft a top QB, your commitment goes to zero. Again, if the plan is to draft a QB, why bring in Darnold to begin with? For one year, hope he does great? Then what?