• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

TEBOW SUCKS!!!

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd laugh to if I were other teams fans....Dude has been out of football for a few years for a reason....he is a disgrace to the position.

Your eyes tell you everything you need to know. Stats, facts, records seem to mean nothing to you? Unless of course they back up your preconceived opinion? I know I can't change a closed mind, so I will quit trying, but I do suggest you recognize your bias for what it is.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your eyes tell you everything you need to know. Stats, facts, records seem to mean nothing to you? Unless of course they back up your preconceived opinion? I know I can't change a closed mind, so I will quit trying, but I do suggest you recognize your bias for what it is.
Hey genius, Tebows Stats Say he SUCKS! There is your 2nd Fact since you put so much emphasis on stats. He sucks so bad he keeps getting cut. Matt Barkley on the other hand hasn't had much of an opportunity to show what he can do. He also wasn't drafted in rd 1. Tebow is a joke. The people that defend him are women that want to have his baby, or bible thumpers. There is no in between. The guy is NOT an NFL QB, period.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We probably trade Barkley for a 5th or 6th rd pick and the kid goes on to be an average NFL QB, when we could at least had him as a backup. The Tebow nonsense is just that, nonsense. He sucks.

That's what I think will happen, and I still would like to pickup Brian Bennett, who we liked a lot before the draft, if he's available at cutdown.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey genius, Tebows Stats Say he SUCKS! There is your 2nd Fact since you put so much emphasis on stats. He sucks so bad he keeps getting cut. Matt Barkley on the other hand hasn't had much of an opportunity to show what he can do. He also wasn't drafted in rd 1. Tebow is a joke. The people that defend him are women that want to have his baby, or bible thumpers. There is no in between. The guy is NOT an NFL QB, period.

You really don't want to get me started on Tebow's career stats. He has a 75 QB rating in essentially one year as a first year starter. Plus he has nearly 1000 yards running and over 5 YPC. Plus a winning record taking over a team that was losing before he took over.

So what other QBs have had a 75 QB rating or lower?

In 2014...
Derek Carr, Josh McCown
In 2013...
Joe Flacco, Matt Schaub and Eli Manning
In 2012...
Jake Locker and Mark Sanchez
In 2011...
Sam Bradford

Certainly, you would take any of these guys as your third stringer, (not to mention that two of these guys are our first and second stringers). And two of these guys are considered elite QBs in the NFL today.

Tebow is an interesting and unusual talent that had his career derailed when the Broncos had the unique opportunity to pickup a hall of fame QB. His fame has made teams reticent to pick him up worried that it would be hard to sit him behind a shaky starter. A year out of the game has changed that dynamic and Kelly was smart to pick him up. Its also impressive that he has never stopped working to improve his throwing despite the discouragement of the year off.

As a third stringer you simply rarely find this sort of resume or talent.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey genius, Tebows Stats Say he SUCKS! There is your 2nd The people that defend him are women that want to have his baby, or bible thumpers. There is no in between. The guy is NOT an NFL QB, period.

The only people that start threads like this (and then totally ignore the facts of his career) are the Tebow haters that have some sort of latent resentment to religion and women. To be fair, Tebow Haters would not exist without the Tebow Lovers. Its a backlash to the Tebowmania phenomena that amazingly seems to be even larger and more persistent.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tim Tebow: Great guy......Horrible NFL QB.

In all honesty Barkley has seriously outplayed Tebow in the 2 pre-season games this year. Tebow is as Wings stated.....a one read and then run QB. That is it. The commentators even made the comment several times during the game. You cannot play football in the NFL with that style of play.

DPD.....You are only throwing stats that support your argument but you are ignoring the overall picture and clearly are not being objective. Tebow also has a 47% completion percentage and averages 69 pass yards per game. Matt Barkley has thrown a total of 50 passes in the NFL and you throw his stats out that is there are enough to tell the tale.

If I had to choose between the two I would take Barkley over Tebow and I am sure most NFL GM's would do the same. Tebow is a very bad QB.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And for the record I have never bash Tebow except for his actual play at the NFL QB. I honestly can't think of a QB playing in the NFL right now (starters and backups) that Tebow can supplant.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really don't want to get me started on Tebow's career stats. He has a 75 QB rating in essentially one year as a first year starter. Plus he has nearly 1000 yards running and over 5 YPC. Plus a winning record taking over a team that was losing before he took over.

So what other QBs have had a 75 QB rating or lower?

In 2014...
Derek Carr, Josh McCown
In 2013...
Joe Flacco, Matt Schaub and Eli Manning
In 2012...
Jake Locker and Mark Sanchez
In 2011...
Sam Bradford

Certainly, you would take any of these guys as your third stringer, (not to mention that two of these guys are our first and second stringers). And two of these guys are considered elite QBs in the NFL today.

Tebow is an interesting and unusual talent that had his career derailed when the Broncos had the unique opportunity to pickup a hall of fame QB. His fame has made teams reticent to pick him up worried that it would be hard to sit him behind a shaky starter. A year out of the game has changed that dynamic and Kelly was smart to pick him up. Its also impressive that he has never stopped working to improve his throwing despite the discouragement of the year off.

As a third stringer you simply rarely find this sort of resume or talent.
Hey DPD, you are aware that prior to Chip calling him he has been out of football for two years....Do you think that every NFL Gm doesn't know what this guys career stats are? Guess what, nobody wanted him....Suddenly the extra point gets moved back to the 33 and Chip sees a guy that he doesn't mind throwing a guy out there to get busted up running a read option play. Use your head man, Tebow was dead to the NFL for 2 years. The qb's you mention above are real NFL Qb's....Tebow has a career completion percentage of 47.9!!! That is beyond Horrendous!

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't bash the kid, he is a nice guy...Great guy to date your daughter.....not play QB for our beloved Eagles, not even #3 Qb.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have zero problem with Tebow as a person ... great kid whom I'd love to have as a neighbor. As a QB though he just doesn't have it; he simply can't pull the trigger on throws even when people are wide open. Would I keep him over Barkley? ehhh, if either he or Barkley are at the healm we're playing for draft picks ... so it goes into the irrelevant category. To me Tebow also looks like he's slower than he use to be ... not sure if it's the time away or what, but I remember him being faster than what I've seen this year. I was actually rooting for him to do well, but from what I've seen so far he looks like he belongs in the booth rather than on the field.

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bottom line is is that if the team gets to the point of having to play the 3rd string QB the team is in trouble

It doesn't matter if that 3rd stringer is Barkley or Tebow - the team is in trouble and it is probably a "wait until next year" situation

Now with that being said I was willing to give every chance and look at Tebow but just after these 2 games Tebow is simply not a QB

And Barkley has looked decent - I wouldn't be comfortable with him as a starter but if push comes to shove I'm choosing Barley over Tebow every day of the week and twice on Sundays

What does Tebow bring? The wildcat offense on the goal line? really? He didn't even look decent running read option
And has anyone seen the running game so far? Why do the Eagles need Tebow with the loaded running backs they have in the backfield

It seems Kelly wants Tebow so we have to deal with it. Who knows? maybe it will work out but I for one doubt it

The Tebow experiment in my opinion needs to be ended in my opinion

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said to my wife (his adopted mother) last night, that he just does not have it. as pointed out, he has even lost a step. But, only Chip knows what he will do. I put nothing past Chip. He most likely just wants to keep other teams guessing, just like us.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bottom line is is that if the team gets to the point of having to play the 3rd string QB the team is in trouble

It doesn't matter if that 3rd stringer is Barkley or Tebow - the team is in trouble and it is probably a "wait until next year" situation

Now with that being said I was willing to give every chance and look at Tebow but just after these 2 games Tebow is simply not a QB

And Barkley has looked decent - I wouldn't be comfortable with him as a starter but if push comes to shove I'm choosing Barley over Tebow every day of the week and twice on Sundays

What does Tebow bring? The wildcat offense on the goal line? really? He didn't even look decent running read option
And has anyone seen the running game so far? Why do the Eagles need Tebow with the loaded running backs they have in the backfield

It seems Kelly wants Tebow so we have to deal with it. Who knows? maybe it will work out but I for one doubt it

See, I don't believe that. reason being Chips offense. If we lost Bradford for 4 weeks with some crazy injury and Sanchez got hurt, we need a guy that is a game manager that can run Chips offense and can move the football. A guy that could keep us in the race until Bradford got back. You play a team like Seattle or the Rams and their defense would Destroy Tebow on the ground, so then what? He can't throw! You can't just dismiss the #3 QB position, because it could become VERY important should Bradford go down for a few weeks, and Sanchez gets banged up.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If your basing it on this preseason, its about clear as mud which one is better. Neither player has looked particularly good or played much better than the other. Barkley has worked with the superior supporting cast and has the benefit of his third year in the system.

If your basing it on training camp reports, your in about the same boat. And this without really being able to see the benefit of the running quarterback.

If your basing it on career results its a no brainer. Tebow has a record of success in an starting role as an NFL QB.

If Barkley in his third year can't clearly outperform Tebow in his first, I am either going with Tebow or cutting them both.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome to the DPD zone: Where all rational thoughts and observations go to die. You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave the thread.

Last edited:

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FTR, through 2 games Barkley has outplayed Tebow and it isn't close.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tebow - 59 QBR
Barkley - 68 QBR

Tebow 7 carries, 46 yards and a TD.

I call that close.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't a running back that thinks he can play QB. As an NFL Quarterback Tebow is one of the worst there is.

As an NFL QB Barkley is a Pro-Bowler when you compare him to Tebow.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If your basing it on career results its a no brainer. Tebow has a record of success in an starting role as an NFL QB.

Are you serious? This is one of the dumbest arguments I have ever seen. Barkley has thrown a total of 50 passes. He has not had the opportunities that Tebow had.

When you look at Tebow's career stats it is easy to come to the conclusion that he is a horrible QB.