• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Teams with better non-QB talent than SF

C

cubzzzfanincali

Carolina, NY Jets, Seattle, Arizona, Cincinnati, Kansas City.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks is a push.
Lynch is better than Gore at this point, our receivers are better, but their receivers have been pretty good at working with Wilson.
Their d-line is as good or better than ours.
Linebackers we're better.
Their secondary is all-world. We could have drafted Earl Thomas but that was the draft we took Iupati and Davis.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle and Cinci.

There are probably about 8 teams 'in the ballpark' but none of them have the Niners depth.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, maybe & maybe.

...So what does DumbDumb need more than what he was given in 2012 & 2013 to win a SB?

An all-pro' CB plus all the current stars returning?
A 3rd 1000-yard receiver?
An even better O-line than the one he has?
To be allowed to use a gun during plays in The Last Boyscout fashion?

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Kansas City and Cincinnati you could maybe make an argument. Those would be tough though.

Arizona is somewhat in the same ball park. There are too many positions they would have no answer for on our team though that we would blow them away. (Ex Joe Staley, Vernon Davis)

Jets and Carolina arent even close.

C

cubzzzfanincali

Kansas City and Cincinnati you could maybe make an argument. Those would be tough though.

Arizona is somewhat in the same ball park. There are too many positions they would have no answer for on our team though that we would blow them away. (Ex Joe Staley, Vernon Davis)

Jets and Carolina arent even close.

As much as I detest the Jets, for that team to have gone 8-8 with that QB situation I think should tell people something about just how good the rest of that team is. If they had a good QB, yikes. Fortunately, they don't.

I guess I wouldn't go to the wall over Carolina, I just am not a big Cam Newton fan and think the rest of their roster is a younger, better version of San Francisco's. They've got a lot of really good young players on defense.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys really still love VD that much??? Guy can be great but man he just goes away alot for a guy that is supposed to be elite. I think the ONLY real spots SF is elite are OL and front 7 on D which of course are the 2 best places to be elite ( along with QB ). I suppose you could make an argument for Gore as elite but he kind of like VD but not quite as sketchy as often. WR's are just OK IMO. Possession guys all , really good ones but no real huge threat as to down the field type action. Secondary is just average as well. I think KC, Seattle, Cincinnati and Carolina are all better overall but as long as SF stay great up front on both sides of the ball they will be right there every year.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
As much as I detest the Jets, for that team to have gone 8-8 with that QB situation I think should tell people something about just how good the rest of that team is. If they had a good QB, yikes. Fortunately, they don't.

I know a lot of people do not like him, but I personally think Rex Ryan is a really good coach and underrated. I think thats the main reason for their somewhat success last year, and an improved defense obviously.

With that said though, just compare the positions. They probably only have like 3 or 4 guys that would start on our team.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys really still love VD that much??? Guy can be great but man he just goes away alot for a guy that is supposed to be elite. I think the ONLY real spots SF is elite are OL and front 7 on D which of course are the 2 best places to be elite ( along with QB ). I suppose you could make an argument for Gore as elite but he kind of like VD but not quite as sketchy as often. WR's are just OK IMO. Possession guys all , really good ones but no real huge threat as to down the field type action. Secondary is just average as well. I think KC, Seattle, Cincinnati and Carolina are all better overall but as long as SF stay great up front on both sides of the ball they will be right there every year.

Davis has been a Baller. Yes I still like him. At times he has been our only recieving threat. He is needed on this team.

C

cubzzzfanincali

I know a lot of people do not like him, but I personally think Rex Ryan is a really good coach and underrated. I think thats the main reason for their somewhat success last year, and an improved defense obviously.

With that said though, just compare the positions. They probably only have like 3 or 4 guys that would start on our team.

Oh, I think it's more than 3 or 4. It would certainly be an interesting hypothetical training camp! All 3 of their D line might make it (I said "might" not "would"), some of their linebackers, Cromartie, and maybe a guy or two on the O line. As for Holmes, well, who knows really.

I think sometimes too many people overrate the SF O line. They are good, but they don't seem to be ranking too high this year by attempts at quantitative metrics. According to Football Outsiders, they are 29th in run blocking and 22nd in pass blocking this year:

FOOTBALL OUTSIDERS: Innovative Statistics, Intelligent Analysis | 2013 OFFENSIVE LINES

You can argue with their methodology if you like, but in general I'd say their ranks are pretty reasonable.

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
greatly disagree.
What positions are they better then us at? DE - Watt is probably the only one on defesne. Foster and Johnson are probably the only ones on offense.

CB's are better... Also, Hopkins is an up and comer in as a WR... Ben Tate is also better as the #2 RB... Better KR/PR as well...

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong and wrong.

You missed the caveat: "non-QB"

Denver's offense makes the difference as does Seattle's defense. Both have better over-all personnel than the 49ers......in my opinion. Much better in game coaching adjustments as well.