• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Team's Top Trade Candidates

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To facilitate some off-season trade discussion, I thought I would see who people think their team's top trade candidates are. Now, this doesn't necessarily mean your team's most valuable asset but a player or players who are likely, or even possibly, shipped off. I would like to keep this to just major league players.

For example, the Giants most valuable asset is undoubtedly Madison Bumgarner, but he isn't going anywhere. There isn't a likely trade candidate on the Giants, but it's possible Susac, Belt, Panik or Crawford get moved for a starting pitcher.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OP cited Bumgarner, so I went with value instead of a true candidate despite the thread title.

I was hoping to avoid confusion about the top trade candidate meaning most valuable instead of most likely trade candidate. I cited Bumgarner as the most valuable piece, but not a trade candidate, and Susac, Belt, Panik, Crawford as top trade candidates.

You get a pass coming off the World Series high

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like the OP's team, I am not particularly convinced there is a real trade candidate on the Royals. Or at least, one the FO would be willing to deal; not from the projected 25 man roster anyways. If a deal were to happen, I'd imagine it'd be a reliever such as Kelvin Herrera packaged along with a prospect the deal is centered around for a SP. The Royals system has emptied some, but Raul Mondesi Jr. (again the FO is pretty unlikely to move him) would be a candidate in this hypothetical.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like the OP's team, I am not particularly convinced there is a real trade candidate on the Royals. Or at least, one the FO would be willing to deal; not from the projected 25 man roster anyways. If a deal were to happen, I'd imagine it'd be a reliever such as Kelvin Herrera packaged along with a prospect the deal is centered around for a SP. The Royals system has emptied some, but Raul Mondesi Jr. (again the FO is pretty unlikely to move him) would be a candidate in this hypothetical.

Front offices of championship teams seem to almost always want to "keep the band together", often at the expense of improvement. It's part of why it's so hard to repeat I think.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers might look to deal Elvis Andrus, but I'm would likely have to eat a little money. Mitch Moreland is probably our biggest big league trade chip. Just came off his best season, above average defense, and is cheap for at least one more year.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers might look to deal Elvis Andrus, but I'm would likely have to eat a little money. Mitch Moreland is probably our biggest big league trade chip. Just came off his best season, above average defense, and is cheap for at least one more year.

What do you think will happen with Profar?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you think will happen with Profar?

That's the million dollar question. The guy is absolutely tearing it up in AZFL right now, but still has a long road to work his way back. They could try to move Andrus later and let him take over at SS. Beltre is in his final year of his current contract, so when he finally decides to hang it up they could slot him in at third. His bat would play okay there. I seriously doubt Beltre would hang it up after next season though, unless he gets a ring. I think the Rangers want to keep him.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure everyone on the Braves is fair game.

Maybe except the pieces Hart has acquired.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,405.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hram and panda Please:suds:

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to say what the Red Sox do, got to think they may shake things up again this off-season given another disappointing season this year.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chapman and Bruce need to be traded and traded yesterday. Thanks.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you feel Chapman needs to be traded? Not happy with his production?

He's useless on the Reds. Teams like us don't need top flight closers. Plus, we're rebuilding. Plus, he's getting expensive.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robert Murray of BaseballEssential.com reports that the Reds are looking to trade Aroldis Chapman and Brandon Phillips.
Murray says that the club is also willing to listen to offers for Todd Frazier and Jay Bruce. The Reds received plenty of interest in Chapman at the trade deadline in July but wound up hanging onto him, with many reports saying that their asking price was exorbitant. However, they could be more motivated to swap him this winter as they look to rebuild their roster. The Astros, Yankees and Diamondbacks were among the clubs that had interest in Chapman at the deadline, but there would figure to be a host of teams to inquire on him this offseason. Phillips is 34 and is owed $27 million through 2017, so the Reds might have to eat some of his contract in order to trade him.
Source: BaseballEssential.comNov 9 - 10:04 PM

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the Mets I would have to imagine it's Juan Lagares, especially if they bring Cespedes back. Lagares is still young, gives you gold glove defense in center and is cost controlled at a reasonable salary.