• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Teams this a worse WR doprs.

badazzk9

Key Master
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I keep hearing how bad our WRs corps are but how many other teams have a worse WRs corps based on talent? So far I got KC, Jax, Carolina, Miami, Jets, Tenn?, Tampa?...

These all can be debated but just wanted to raise the question...

My opinion of the rest of the team: D one of the best in the NFL, OL one of the best in the NFL, RBs one of the best in the NFL, TEs one of the best in the NFL. QB leaving it out for now.

badazzk9

Key Master
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I keep hearing how bad our WRs corps are but how many other teams have a worse WRs corps based on talent? So far I got KC, Jax, Carolina, Miami, Jets, Tenn?, Tampa?...

These all can be debated but just wanted to raise the question...

My opinion of the rest of the team: D one of the best in the NFL, OL one of the best in the NFL, RBs one of the best in the NFL, TEs one of the best in the NFL. QB leaving it out for now.

Title should be "Teams with a worse WR Corps"

auto correct screwed me there.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The quality of the WR corps has certainly been overstated. They have enough talent to produce substantially more through the air than they have to date. Gotta look to the QB and coaching.

badazzk9

Key Master
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The quality of the WR corps has certainly been overstated. They have enough talent to produce substantially more through the air than they have to date. Gotta look to the QB and coaching.

I'm talking just on talent... I am taking QB play out of it. I mean look at Ginn he has turned into a decent WR in Carolina but didn't do much here.

badazzk9

Key Master
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are worse when we have Crabs Manningham and Boldin all healthy for sure. But until then I think only JAX, NY, and TEN have a worse group of receivers.

No one else?

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm talking just on talent... I am taking QB play out of it. I mean look at Ginn he has turned into a decent WR in Carolina but didn't do much here.

To clarify my statement above, when I say overstated, I'm referring to how bad they are. I believe that has been overstated.

I agree that our players are better than their numbers. I can't figure out why we are so bad at making use of second and third WRs. Even last year, when Manningham was healthy, our #2 receiver did far less than he should have. I can't think it's all the QB, though, as we've seen two different QBs struggle to make use of our receivers to the fullest. Granted both QBs had some pretty significant deficiencies.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jackson alone makes them better. We don't have a guy we can just throw the ball to and he is going to get it. Vernon included. He is open all the time, but he isn't the guy that take the ball from a defender. You can say Boldin he can do that, but he has feasted on shitty defenses and gone invisible against good ones. Gore is the only constant on offense right now with Vernon fighting the injury bug.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I say we use our 3rd round picks on WR's. We have drafted very well in the 3rd round in the last few years and we have history (Owens/Taylor) of 3rd round wrs while not having to blow another first on a turd (Woods/Jenkins). Yes, this should be in sarcasm font and yes I am crying a little reviewing the list of wr talent we've drafted since Owens.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I say we use our 3rd round picks on WR's. We have drafted very well in the 3rd round in the last few years and we have history (Owens/Taylor) of 3rd round wrs while not having to blow another first on a turd (Woods/Jenkins). Yes, this should be in sarcasm font and yes I am crying a little reviewing the list of wr talent we've drafted since Owens.

I see us using one of those third round picks to move up in the first round. Though we could have three third round picks pending the Goldson comp pick.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Until then there is no way Tennessee has a worse WR corps. Nate Washington, Kendall Wright, Justin Hunter, and a benched Kenny Britt.