• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Teams that should trade for Asic?

Saturnmane

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Mavericks are most in need of making this trade but Orlando, Celtics, Heat, Clippers, Warriors, Pistons, and Bulls are in need of a true center as well.

Bulls tallest player is Noah at 6-11 who shares the 4-5 positions will Boozer and Gibson who are both only 6-9.

Heat could virtually ensure a third title if they could get Asik.

Orlando's only big off the bench is Nicholson and he's a sf-pf combo.

Warriors could use someone behind Bogut with O'neal being hurt and being extremely old.

Clippers have total crap backing Jordan up.

Mavericks are starting 6-9 Blair at center with Dalembert off the bench. I think Asik trade would really make them a threat in the west.

Celtics have no center at all.

The Pistons are also a team without a true center with Drummond being only 6-10. Harrelson is giving them good minutes off the bench but he is only 6-10 with short arms and has trouble defending elite bigs as became apparent in the other nights victory over the Pacers.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Mavericks are most in need of making this trade but Orlando, Celtics, Heat, Clippers, Warriors, Pistons, and Bulls are in need of a true center as well.

Bulls tallest player is Noah at 6-11 who shares the 4-5 positions will Boozer and Gibson who are both only 6-9.

Heat could virtually ensure a third title if they could get Asik.

Orlando's only big off the bench is Nicholson and he's a sf-pf combo.

Warriors could use someone behind Bogut with O'neal being hurt and being extremely old.

Clippers have total crap backing Jordan up.

Mavericks are starting 6-9 Blair at center with Dalembert off the bench. I think Asik trade would really make them a threat in the west.

Celtics have no center at all.

The Pistons are also a team without a true center with Drummond being only 6-10. Harrelson is giving them good minutes off the bench but he is only 6-10 with short arms and has trouble defending elite bigs as became apparent in the other nights victory over the Pacers.

Couldn't disagree any more with the Pistons needing him. The Pistons front court is one of the most solid young front courts in the league. Drummond may "only" be 6-10, but with his size and athleticism he plays bigger and is only going to get better. Putting Asik in there would be a downgrade.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems Boston is really the only option for the Rockets. The C's have a surplus of guards, power forwards, and picks. Lee's contract isn't a good one considering there's 3 more years at 5 million. Also who knows what will happen to Bass after this year ? since his contract is up. This deal is good for the C's & Rockets IMO.

Saturnmane

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm talking about as a back-up. I agree that our starting frontcourt is what u say, but our bench is kinda lacking. Harrelson is playing well but he's more of a 4 and the others on the bench are 3-4 combos. With Drummonds foul problems it would be better to have a legit 7 footer to throw out there.

Saturnmane

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boston desperately needs him. I watched them last night and they started Sullinger and Bass at the 4 and 5, that's just 2 small imo.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm talking about as a back-up. I agree that our starting frontcourt is what u say, but our bench is kinda lacking. Harrelson is playing well but he's more of a 4 and the others on the bench are 3-4 combos. With Drummonds foul problems it would be better to have a legit 7 footer to throw out there.

Still disagree. Yeah, he has 2 inches on Harrellson, but he's also 20lbs lighter. Numbers are pretty similar when you take playing time into account. The Pistons don't need to eat that salary for his production; it's not like his name is Villanueva :lol:

Saturnmane

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have nothing they want except stuckey which wont happen. Plus he wants to start which wont happen here.

Asik averages 13 boards per 36 minutes while Josh only averages 8.8. Drummond averages 13.8 so having to go to Harrelson is quite a drop-off.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have nothing they want except stuckey which wont happen. Plus he wants to start which wont happen here.

Asik averages 13 boards per 36 minutes while Josh only averages 8.8. Drummond averages 13.8 so having to go to Harrelson is quite a drop-off.

Harrellson averages more points per 36 though. And he is three years younger. A lot cheaper. And as you mentioned, he is fine coming off the bench.

I thought Stuckey was on the block with his expiring contract, but his play off the bench has been great and the Pistons can not afford to lose that right now.:yahoo:

Bartman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Asik for Bosh, if the Heat are smart.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Heat need him most because and you already said why- "Heat could virtually ensure a third title if they could get Asik."

Although I think nothing is guaranteed until the final game of the season is played I do think moving Bosh back to this rotation would be destructive:

5 Asik/Bird
4 Bosh/Beasley
3 LBJ/Long list
2 Wade/Allen
1 Cole (Rio moved for Asik)

Couldn't disagree any more with the Pistons needing him. The Pistons front court is one of the most solid young front courts in the league. Drummond may "only" be 6-10, but with his size and athleticism he plays bigger and is only going to get better. Putting Asik in there would be a downgrade.

Completely agree with this but I think all my like buttons are used up so I could not say that I liked your post.

Boston desperately needs him. I watched them last night and they started Sullinger and Bass at the 4 and 5, that's just 2 small imo.

Boston is in rebuilding mode, for that purpose they would be much better suited to not trade for him unless getting rid of contracts was part of a plan to rebuild.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Asik for Bosh, if the Heat are smart.

LMAO NO!!!

That would improve their chances of winning only slightly (but relieve some cap space) and be awesome for the rockets but if they are smart they send Joel Anthony and Rio.

And I think Bosh has a no trade clause.

Bartman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO NO!!!

That would improve their chances of winning only slightly (but relieve some cap space) and be awesome for the rockets but if they are smart they send Joel Anthony and Rio.

Why are you so high on Bosh, the guys stinks.

Cool avatar, btw.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are you so high on Bosh, the guys stinks.

Cool avatar, btw.

He is a really good player, you do not see it because he is on a team with Wade and LBJ and the stuff he does does not show up in the stats. His BBall IQ, his D (which I assure you is really good against 4s and soft centers) his ability to stretch the floor, the man is a really good player.

He is NOT a center though. He played his entire career as a 4 and then the last 2 years has been forced into the 5, just like Wade looks like shit when he is injured CB is gong to look like shit when he is at a physical disadvantage.

Also the Heat would not need to move CB to provide the cap space needed or a mutually beneficial trade to the Rockets.

Houston could use a reliable big shot maker who plays D at the PG, Chalmers shut Lin down 1 on 1 during Linsanity. Lin wouldn't even come back in the playoffs against him to save himself some evaporating contract money.

They could also use a back up center and a PF.

Asik for pick 3: Chalmers Anthony, Battier, Lewis...and I would be willing to send UD but something tells me that is not an option for either side.

These contracts from Miami are also expiring so they will have cap space to go after whomever in FA.

Bartman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a really good player, you do not see it because he is on a team with Wade and LBJ and the stuff he does does not show up in the stats. His BBall IQ, his D (which I assure you is really good against 4s and soft centers) his ability to stretch the floor, the man is a really good player.

He is NOT a center though. He played his entire career as a 4 and then the last 2 years has been forced into the 5, just like Wade looks like shit when he is injured CB is gong to look like shit when he is at a physical disadvantage.

Also the Heat would not need to move CB to provide the cap space needed or a mutually beneficial trade to the Rockets.

Houston could use a reliable big shot maker who plays D at the PG, Chalmers shut Lin down 1 on 1 during Linsanity. Lin wouldn't even come back in the playoffs against him to save himself some evaporating contract money.

Asik for pick 3: Chalmers Anthony, Battier, Lewis...and I would be willing to send UD but something tells me that is not an option for either side.

These contracts from Miami are also expiring so they will have cap space to go after whomever in FA.

Bosh is your classic tweener who has a SF game but isn't quick enough to play that position. He contributes like a SF when the Heat need the contributions of a big man. Even with what he contributes as a tweener isn't much anyway. Bosh is a slightly upgraded version of Beasly with the Heat paying him near max money. The Heat need to get rid of Bosh and get more value for their money.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO NO!!!

Rockets can get more than that

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No need to waist your time writing this out. Bartman is trolling anyway

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bosh is your classic tweener who has a SF game but isn't quick enough to play that position. He contributes like a SF when the Heat need the contributions of a big man. Even with what he contributes as a tweener isn't much anyway. Bosh is a slightly upgraded version of Beasly with the Heat paying him near max money. The Heat need to get rid of Bosh and get more value for their money.

I agree with all of that but Asik is not enough return on that money, if they could get a Lopez for Bosh I am on board. (or Wade)

LAKERSUSCBAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oops, NBA squelches the Rockets own deadline....gotta wait to see who gets him closer to Feb. 20th