• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Teams are reaching out to the Lions about Stafford

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rogers was still in Green Bay last I looked.
Because Rodgers has what only the older generation of QBs has. Loyalty to a franchise. It's clear that that trait will die off once Ben, Rodgers and guys like that retire.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You talking Staff or Goff?

Staff is evidently worth a slightly less talented former #1 pick, what will be 20somerhing picks and a third.

I’m not sure Goff could net a first. But I’d love to see it.
Stafford.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams seem like they have been SB or bust for awhile now but they definitely are now giving up their now next 3 1st’s in trades the last 2 seasons. Goff was holding back this team. I said Ramsey was a great trade at the time and I also think this is a good one BUT Stafford hasn’t been to one playoff game, that is still very concerning. Damn big upgrade over Goff though especially with all those weapons.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because Rodgers has what only the older generation of QBs has. Loyalty to a franchise. It's clear that that trait will die off once Ben, Rodgers and guys like that retire.
However this isn't a now problem , it's always been that way for Rogers.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford.
Goff can learn and improve. Stafford is as good as he's getting at this point in his career. This is franchise suicide, in my opinion, for the Rams. The only thing they secured is that they won't be a playoff team come 2-3 years from now.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll honor it if he is given no other choice. But it's clear that what Green Bay is doing to Aaron Rodgers, Houston is starting to do already to DeShaun Watson. Not giving him any help and no signs of any will to help him either.
He signed his deal after they traded DHopkins.

I really don’t see what his problem is. He got paid. And it’s not a QBs job to be part of the hiring process of a GM.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goff can learn and improve. Stafford is as good as he's getting at this point in his career. This is franchise suicide, in my opinion, for the Rams. The only thing they secured is that they won't be a playoff team come 2-3 years from now.
Oh they might do well next year....no championship mind you, but a playoff team. Then total hell for years and years.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
However this isn't a now problem , it's always been that way for Rogers.
I think Rodgers is showing his frustration in the interviews he's doing right now. DeShaun is clearly feeling the same frustrations. The difference is DeShaun isn't willing to waste the best years of his career anymore on a team that isn't willing to help itself. Rodgers made his choice to stay and it hasn't really gotten him much the last decade.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Staff is significantly better than Goff imo.

They got rid of a bad contract and it cost them.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He signed his deal after they traded DHopkins.

I really don’t see what his problem is. He got paid. And it’s not a QBs job to be part of the hiring process of a GM.
His problem is that Houston doesn't seem to want to put any effort in getting Watson some help on the offensive side of the ball. Plus, If Watson is a franchise QB and you see him as a concrete part of the future of the franchise, I think it would be beneficial to get the starting QBs opinion in the hiring of a GM or new Head Coach.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Staff is significantly better than Goff imo.

They got rid of a bad contract and it cost them.
How many playoff wins does Stafford have? How many division titles or Super Bowl appearances does Stafford have? I don't think it's as significant as you assume it is.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Rodgers is showing his frustration in the interviews he's doing right now. DeShaun is clearly feeling the same frustrations. The difference is DeShaun isn't willing to waste the best years of his career anymore on a team that isn't willing to help itself. Rodgers made his choice to stay and it hasn't really gotten him much the last decade.
Watson best hope the Jets come thru for him, otherwise he's staying in place or becoming a announcer or some such thing.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams seem like they have been SB or bust for awhile now but they definitely are now giving up their now next 3 1st’s in trades the last 2 seasons. Goff was holding back this team. I said Ramsey was a great trade at the time and I also think this is a good one BUT Stafford hasn’t been to one playoff game, that is still very concerning. Damn big upgrade over Goff though especially with all those weapons.
He’s been to playoff games.

Which his defense has given up over 30+ a game on average in.

That issue is over for him now.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watson best hope the Jets come thru for him, otherwise he's staying in place or becoming a announcer or some such thing.
He's either playing for another team or the Texans. He's not being an announcer if he doesn't get traded lol.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many playoff wins does Stafford have? How many division titles or Super Bowl appearances does Stafford have? I don't think it's as significant as you assume it is.
Dude, the Lions are possibly the shittiest franchise in professional sports.

Football fans should be happy this trade happened so he didn’t just quit like Barry and Calvin.

I’m happy as hell for the guy and he just left my team.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would Goff be a starter anywhere if McVay wasn't coaching him?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His problem is that Houston doesn't seem to want to put any effort in getting Watson some help on the offensive side of the ball. Plus, If Watson is a franchise QB and you see him as a concrete part of the future of the franchise, I think it would be beneficial to get the starting QBs opinion in the hiring of a GM or new Head Coach.
No idea why anyone would concern themselves on the opinion of labor when hiring management.

That’s not something that happens.