• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

"Team Talent Composite" on 247Sports

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty impressive for USC to be that high even under sanctions.

Yeah, the quality of the recruits didn't drop, but the quantity did, which really hurt depth.

Until you look at their on the field results and they seem to have drastically underperformed.

I don't know about drastically, but considering the quality of recruits, we definitely have underperformed despite not having the quantity we're used to. To me, that's on the coaching carousel we've had since Pete left.

Now that we appear to have an actual adult as coach, who appears to be putting together a solid staff, the team should hopefully start living up to expectations.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the quality of the recruits didn't drop, but the quantity did, which really hurt depth.

I don't know about drastically, but considering the quality of recruits, we definitely have underperformed despite not having the quantity we're used to. To me, that's on the coaching carousel we've had since Pete left.

Now that we appear to have an actual adult as coach, who appears to be putting together a solid staff, the team should hopefully start living up to expectations.

It's coaching for sure. By the looks of it, the recruiting has been there. Coaching and development have been lacking.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy Shit Alabama. Leave some for the rest of us.

But this link would have been very useful in my debates with @7Samurai13 prior to the season.
And I said before the season that Michigan can have all of the high school talent in the world but they sure as hell haven't shown any talent on the college level, and I was correct when I said it.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just ran across this and found what I thought was an interesting ranking, namely, that Florida State had the fourth most talented team in the country, while my lowly Houston Cougars were the 73rd most talented team, one spot below our AAC rival UCF, a team that finished 0-12.

2015 College Football Team Talent Composite

I'm sure that there other inconsistencies between the team talent rankings and scoreboards. Feel free to chime in.

makes you wonder why Tom Hermann didn't win coach of the year......

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One interesting feature of the 247 Team Talent Composite is that eight of the top sixteen most talented teams are in the SEC. :dhd:

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
makes you wonder why Tom Hermann didn't win coach of the year......

I mad this thread without really looking at what the rankings in the OP represent. Apparently the 247 Team Talent Composite aims to measure talent over the past several years, not only for 2015. So my remarks about FSU and UH are errant. FSU has clearly had more talent than UH has over the past several years.