• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Team roster age And yes it matters " the WINDOW "

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prior to Baalke, we Niner fans were a cynical bunch but Sick ain't lying on this one. The 2013 draft, particularly the first 4 rounds, were about as well orchestrated and perfectly done in filling need with high upside, high character guys as any Niner fan could have hoped for. Me personally, I damn near attempted a back flip after drafting both Lemonier and Lattimore. What Sick is saying isn't hyperbole.

Draft success can only be accurately rated in hindsight.
For all we know, Seattle will have had a better draft than SF in `13 but it is too early to tell.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draft success can only be accurately rated in hindsight.
For all we know, Seattle will have had a better draft than SF in `13 but it is too early to tell.

I would agree regarding hindsight, but for us draftniks on the Niner board, we were doing cartwheels at the potential of this draft. It seemed as if we were cherry picking perfect fits to the schemes we run. Obviously time will tell in terms of production but the talent level is insane with this draft for us.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you serious? Have you seen the 49ers' 2011 draft?

No cherry picking allowed.
Tell us about the 9ers 2012 draft.

2012 has been shit so far, but if you take 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, you will find that Baalke has done a pretty solid job in drafting. You are cherry picking 2012 right back. And the absolute statement that Baalke has done a poor job drafting starters was debunked by simply using 2011 as single season proof otherwise.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
No cherry picking allowed.
Tell us about the 9ers 2012 draft.

Think about the irony of this quote for a second...

The Niners' 2012 draft was really bad (although Cam Johnson may end up changing that the way he's looking). But their 2011 draft was one of the best in the history of the NFL. A franchise QB and near-MVP pass-rusher with the first 2 picks. And they probably had the best 2010 draft of anyone in the league. And it's still early, but I can objectively say that the Niners' 2013 draft was absolutely amazing. So when you say the front office hasn't shown they can draft star players, you're saying that about the guy with probably the best drafting record in the NFL since he became GM. It was a very strange indictment. That's like saying Tom Coughlin hasn't shown that he can win Super Bowls.

Last edited by a moderator:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Niners' 2012 draft was really bad (although Cam Johnson may end up changing that the way he's looking). But their 2011 draft was one of the best in the history of the NFL. A franchise QB and near-MVP pass-rusher with the first 2 picks. And they probably had the best 2010 draft of anyone in the league. And it's still early, but I can objectively say that the Niners' 2013 draft was absolutely amazing. So when you say the front office hasn't shown they can draft star players, you're saying that about the guy with probably the best drafting record in the NFL since he became GM. It was a very strange indictment. That's like saying Tom Coughlin hasn't shown that he can win Super Bowls.

Seeing how he got released by the 49ers, He's not going change how the 2012 draft looks like for the 49ers.:lol:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you serious? Have you seen the 49ers' 2011 draft?

The 49ers didn't even have the same GM back then. Scott McBoozehound was running the show until he was fired before the 2010 draft (which Trent Baalke nailed by the way) for being drunk at the combine.

A little side-prediction for the sake of Trent Baalke: the Niners' 2013 draft could go down as one of the best of the decade. And I'm not being a homer with this prediction; I was raving about Tank Carradine (still recovering) & Corey Lemonier (who has looked like an absolute pass-rushing terror this preseason) all offseason. Eric Reid too (although I thought it was a weaker safety class). The prospect of Marcus Lattimore returning to prior form is gravy at this point.

Call me a homer, I like our '12 draft as best ever. Irvin, Wagner, Wilson, Turbin, Lane

2010 was pretty fat too. Okung, Thomas, Tate, Thurmond, Chancellor

These '13 Niner draftees have to see NFL action first, for me to make judgement

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also I get a chuckle out of Sickness man crush. Even if he hadn't been traded away, he was depth at best. Some times these draftolics just get to vested in a player.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Your right, but the point is he's not going make the 2012 draft for the 49ers look better as sickness suggested.

:gaah:

I liked Cam a lot. Upset to see him go.

The Niners' '12 draft was bad, but I stand by my statement about Baalke overall since his tenure started in 2010. He's done an amazing job overall.

Also I get a chuckle out of Sickness man crush. Even if he hadn't been traded away, he was depth at best. Some times these draftolics just get to vested in a player.

It's not that I though Cam was going to a probowler... It's that I think Corey Lemonier is going to (eventually) be a probowler. I wanted Lemonier to steal the starting job from Ahmad Brooks, and Cam would be a much cheaper backup than Brooks over the next couple of years. I was a huge Lemonier fan this offseason.

Last edited by a moderator:

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NS, I didn't say Baalke couldn't draft well. He isn't all world and I pointed that out by mentioning the 2012 draft. TB is a fine GM, but it sure helps when KC over pays in compensation for your players.:whistle:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:gaah:

I liked Cam a lot. Upset to see him go.

The Niners' '12 draft was bad, but I stand by my statement about Baalke overall since his tenure started in 2010. He's done an amazing job overall.

It's not that I though Cam was going to a probowler... It's that I think Corey Lemonier is going to (eventually) be a probowler. I wanted Lemonier to steal the starting job from Ahmad Brooks, and Cam would be a much cheaper backup than Brooks over the next couple of years. I was a huge Lemonier fan this offseason.

Ok you now say you didn't think Cam was going to be a pro bowler, so how do you account for this statement you made?

" The Niners' 2012 draft was really bad (although Cam Johnson may end up changing that the way he's looking). "

What did you think? He's was going to change the way the 2012 Niner draft looked by being some bench player? Man up dude and admit you just got caught up in a player that turned out to be not as good as you thought.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Ok you now say you didn't think Cam was going to be a pro bowler, so how do you account for this statement you made?

" The Niners' 2012 draft was really bad (although Cam Johnson may end up changing that the way he's looking). "

What did you think? He's was going to change the way the 2012 Niner draft looked by being some bench player? Man up dude and admit you just got caught up in a player that turned out to be not as good as you thought.

If he proved to be a valuable backup, it wouldn't have made the 2012 draft great; but it would've been a better than it's proven to be now.

The only hope left of salvaging anything left of this draft is Joe Looney (the guy with the dirty play against Kevin Williams). Darius Fleming looked like a promising backup, but he couldn't get healthy.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he proved to be a valuable backup, it wouldn't have made the 2012 draft great; but it would've been a better than it's proven to be now.

The only hope left of salvaging anything left of this draft is Joe Looney (the guy with the dirty play against Kevin Williams). Darius Fleming looked like a promising backup, but he couldn't get healthy.

OK! Just having a bit of fun by yanking your chain a bit. You ready to admit you were wrong about him though?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
OK! Just having a bit of fun by yanking your chain a bit. You ready to admit you were wrong about him though?

About Cam?

Well, I wasn't exactly counting my chickens with him yet. I was HOPING he'd make a good backup OLB, so I guess we'll have to wait & see if he can be a good backup DE for the Colts before I write him off as a player. 7th-round picks are always long shots, but he was one of my favourite ones.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About Cam?

Well, I wasn't exactly counting my chickens with him yet. I was HOPING he'd make a good backup OLB, so I guess we'll have to wait & see if he can be a good backup DE for the Colts before I write him off as a player. 7th-round picks are always long shots, but he was one of my favourite ones.

So I guess your answer to admitting you were wrong is NEVER!:lol:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
So I guess your answer to admitting you were wrong is NEVER!:lol:

If I've learned anything from politicians it's never admit you were wrong. :)

In all seriousness, I had more hope in Cam than expectation; but I still think he could be a valuable player. The 49ers may regret this trade.

Now if Lemonier isn't a great OLB, THEN I'll have to admit I was wrong because I've been driving the Lemonier bandwagon all offseason. I actually EXPECT him to be a great OLB. :hope:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your a fun guy to converse with Ninersickness.