• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Team discipline

ProppRules

Flyers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think it is commonly thought that staying out of the box is a team discipline issue for the most part. So is the ability to excel on the penalty kill and to take advantage of power plays. So the Flyers replace the soft coach with the task master, and we can't score a PP goal to save our life, and our PK sucks, despite being on it almost constantly, giving the players not in the box a chance to practice it almost all game. Why haven't I heard anything about the coaching staff's inability to get this team to do the simple things? I like Laviolette, alot. I like strict coaches. But where is it right now???

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is commonly thought that staying out of the box is a team discipline issue for the most part. So is the ability to excel on the penalty kill and to take advantage of power plays. So the Flyers replace the soft coach with the task master, and we can't score a PP goal to save our life, and our PK sucks, despite being on it almost constantly, giving the players not in the box a chance to practice it almost all game. Why haven't I heard anything about the coaching staff's inability to get this team to do the simple things? I like Laviolette, alot. I like strict coaches. But where is it right now???

Hey Propp i think some of the guys have been a little lazy and i think coming off this layoff that they will be jumping tonight in all phases of the game. If the laziness continues i think it's time to start ripping Lavi.

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

PK is currently at 87.1% (27/31), despite being lit up by the Pens. That's 11th in the league, and there are 5 teams ahead of the Flyers who haven't even been SH 20 times this year, including the Panthers who are 8/8. The PP is awful, we all know that, but the PK has been quite good this year.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PK is currently at 87.1% (27/31), despite being lit up by the Pens. That's 11th in the league, and there are 5 teams ahead of the Flyers who haven't even been SH 20 times this year, including the Panthers who are 8/8. The PP is awful, we all know that, but the PK has been quite good this year.

^this.. 87% is real good considering how many 5 on 3s we've undertaken as well

PP is a joke, taking as many penalties as we have is a joke.. i agree w/ that.. i said it last year and the year before, in the regular season this team is downright lazy.. i tried to put it at stevens' feet for showing no enthusiasm at all.. i thought it reflected in his team.. but i think the laziness of the team leaders is reflected in the team (thats richards/carter).. IMO, during the regular season, they are both lazy more often then not..

my problem richards in the regular season is his desire to throw blind passes to the slot.. watch tonight, i bet he does it 10-15 times and i bet 3 of them connect, 5 result in odd-man rushes the other way.. and 3 or 4 of those end up in a penalty being taken by a defender.. a lot of the penalties that are 'good' penalties that prevent a prime scoring opportunity, can be avoided by just dumping the puck in and working in the offensive zone, rather than trying to score off the rush and failing miserably

dont get me wrong, i like richards, i just get really annoyed with him trying to be a playmaker.. and its not all his fault, he shouldn't be in the role he's in.. he's a great checking center that has some offensive skills.. IMO richards better suits a knuble type player, then say giroux (playmaker)

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i have always thought he should be our 3rd line center and play a lot of minutes on special teams. its tough to justify that role with the money they are paying him though. it makes me wonder if they are trying to keep giroux's minutes down til after he signs his next contract...my conspiracy theory thought of the day.

KS32790

SHOOOOOOOOOT IT !!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My main problem with the PP and the PK are that Lavi keeps rotating people in and out of lines. The Briere line is some reason split up during the PP? I missed the last few games but Richie was playing point earlier in the season. I dont know if it was because Pronger was out but he does not belong at the point. He makes terrible decisions up there. Always shoots a slap shot at a defender 3 feet away that results on a odd man rush the other way. Hopefully after this layoff they can get the special teams going and we will never have to post on this thread again....