• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

TE deep passes

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
PFF:

San Francisco 49ers: Tight end Delanie Walker had 220 receiving yards on deep passes, which led the league. In second place was teammate Vernon Davis at 175 receiving yards.

They're talking about for TEs only. Walker would come in at 39th and Davis at 46th if you included WRs.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't want to start a new thread for this, but I saw this video with Michael Irvin giving tips to Blackmon and one thing he said was not to look for the good looking catch - because at the end of the day, did you catch it? Trying to catch it with your hands does no good if the defender can take one hand away and you get hit on the other. Not advocating jumping and landing where Davis did on the Seattle hit, but the catch is the main thing. Of course, Davis should be able to catch some without jumping, even if not with his hands. But it's a rhythm thing I guess, it compensates and it catches if it doesn't get him blasted.

The whole thing is interesting but what I'm talking about starts around 3:35 to 4:52. Start at 2:08 to avoid the SportsCenter fluff (that is if you don't consider the whole thing to be fluff).

Last edited by a moderator: