• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

TE Austin Hooper will command at least a four-year 44 Million Contract

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s 13 games so you agree on that

I don’t know about extension your link goes to game pass

I just googled it. Bottom line, from what I read, he doesn't want to be here. Maybe its the money or he just wants out.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want Sherff back. He has not had a healthy season in 3 years and wants top Guard money. Pass.
Sherff had a terrible year last year. But he had 3 real goods ones before that (OK, maybe 2 1/2). He has proven that he can play at an elite level in this league. Given his relative youth, one can only assume that last year was an anomaly. You can't give up on a guy coming into his prime years and who has the ability and experience to play at a high level. If he were 5-6 years older, I might be more concerned. But he still has a lot of years left in this league. We will kick ourselves in the ass down the road if we let him walk.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sherff had a terrible year last year. But he had 3 real goods ones before that (OK, maybe 2 1/2). He has proven that he can play at an elite level in this league. Given his relative youth, one can only assume that last year was an anomaly. You can't give up on a guy coming into his prime years and who has the ability and experience to play at a high level. If he were 5-6 years older, I might be more concerned. But he still has a lot of years left in this league. We will kick ourselves in the ass down the road if we let him walk.

I like him but if he doesn't want to be here...I am not sure what you all want. We have been trying to resign him for a while and it appears he might not want to be here. If the feeling was mutual I think a deal would have gotten done by now. Maybe he is postering.

Report: Redskins offered Brandon Scherff contract extension worth more than $13 million per year

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like him but if he doesn't want to be here...I am not sure what you all want. We have been trying to resign him for a while and it appears he might not want to be here. If the feeling was mutual I think a deal would have gotten done by now. Maybe he is postering.

Report: Redskins offered Brandon Scherff contract extension worth more than $13 million per year
Again I haven’t heard any statement saying he doesn’t want to be here. He may sign elsewhere but I haven’t heard anything about him not wanting to be here

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Where are you getting that he doesn’t want to be here? I haven’t seen anything that leases me to that conclusion.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sherff wants something, otherwise he would have signed his contract extension.

Nobody could really blame sherff if he wanted out of the circus, either. There’s only so much stupidity a man can take before getting the hell out of dodge.

Case in point: this message board, right?:D

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Salary-cap analyst Joel Corry predicts free agent TE Austin Hooper will command at least a four-year, $44 million contract.
Hooper should also land fully guaranteed salaries over the first two years. With Hunter Henry potentially getting franchised, Hooper is going to reset the tight end market this offseason, whether it's with Atlanta or another team. Talks between the Falcons and Hooper should heat up at next week's Combine.

SOURCE: ESPN
Feb 21, 2020, 5:59 PM ET
Too much to pay a TE.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Salary-cap analyst Joel Corry predicts free agent TE Austin Hooper will command at least a four-year, $44 million contract.
Hooper should also land fully guaranteed salaries over the first two years. With Hunter Henry potentially getting franchised, Hooper is going to reset the tight end market this offseason, whether it's with Atlanta or another team. Talks between the Falcons and Hooper should heat up at next week's Combine.

SOURCE: ESPN
Feb 21, 2020, 5:59 PM ET

Count ATL out...Falcons don't have that kinda cap coin...they put out a statement yesterday saying they would be allowing Hooper (and DeVondre Campbell) to hit the market.

I assume Hooper and Ebron are the two highest rated FA TEs...

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sherff wants something, otherwise he would have signed his contract extension.

Nobody could really blame sherff if he wanted out of the circus, either. There’s only so much stupidity a man can take before getting the hell out of dodge.

Case in point: this message board, right?:D

Correct and that is what I mean. If he wanted to be here, I believe a deal would have gotten done. We have been trying for several months now and nothing. Its my personal opinion he wants to go elsewhere.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct and that is what I mean. If he wanted to be here, I believe a deal would have gotten done. We have been trying for several months now and nothing. Its my personal opinion he wants to go elsewhere.
Ever hear of agents and negotiating ? We don’t know anything about what’s on his mind

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing TW AND Sherff would be bad news for the redskins. Superbad.

are there good linemen prospects in the draft?

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too much to pay a TE.
I can't agree - after seeing the Skins so dramatically out-classed last season at that position. And the 2 best TE's in the NFL last season played in the SB. The Skins need an outstanding TE - regardless of how they get him. And really, they need a 2nd TE - Sprinkle was just awful.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't agree - after seeing the Skins so dramatically out-classed last season at that position. And the 2 best TE's in the NFL last season played in the SB. The Skins need an outstanding TE - regardless of how they get him. And really, they need a 2nd TE - Sprinkle was just awful.
They can draft a TE.

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can draft a TE.
Of course they can - though most consider this to be a bad draft for TE's. It'd be good to acquire a veteran to start and a rookie to develop.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am beginging to think we have to sign Hooper for the sake of Haskins development. A young QBs best friends are the blind side tackle and a TE. If Hooper goes elsewhere, we need to take the 2nd or 3rd best option. I still think a mid-round pick would not be bad either. We literally have the worst TE corp. in the NFL.