• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

TD Celebration Penalties in 2017?

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought they rescinded the celebration penalty rules... Seahawks DB Justin Colemen just got an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty for jumping into the Salvation Army bin (and immediately out) after scoring a TD. He didn't do anything else of note to celebrate. I know I have seen MUCH more egregious "unsportsmanlike" celebrations this year many, many times. What am I missing?

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought they rescinded the celebration penalty rules... Seahawks DB Justin Colemen just got an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty for jumping into the Salvation Army bin (and immediately out) after scoring a TD. He didn't do anything else of note to celebrate. I know I have seen MUCH more egregious "unsportsmanlike" celebrations this year many, many times. What am I missing?
not hundred percent sure, but I think because he used a prop

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not hundred percent sure, but I think because he used a prop
Huh

Your entire offense (or defense) can get in formation and be knocked down like bowling pins as a celebration, but you can't jump into and out of something on the field? And you can jump into the stands, hang out for a minute and out, and not get penalized?

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huh

Your entire offense (or defense) can get in formation and be knocked down like bowling pins as a celebration, but you can't jump into and out of something on the field? And you can jump into the stands, hang out for a minute and out, and not get penalized?
that rule came about because of TO & Joe Horn.
They were bringing sharpie's & cell phones onto the field.
this rule has been around I think longer than the celebrating rule was.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huh

Yup the rules are no props except for the ball.

Stefan Diggs early this year ran and jumped into the goalpost sliding down it for a flag.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huh

You also can't use the goal post or anything else that's not people in your celebration.

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that rule came about because of TO & Joe Horn.
They were bringing sharpie's & cell phones onto the field.
Yeah, but they were penalizing everything before changing the rule this year. I just assumed that anything short of egregious taunting or profane gestures was fair-game, now.

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You also can't use the goal post or anything else that's not people in your celebration.
In that case, jumping into the stands should definitely be a penalty.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In that case, jumping into the stands should definitely be a penalty.
the lambeau leap they tried to get to be a penalty back when there was no celebrating, but was denied (have no clue why it was allowed)

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can use or bring props unless I am missing something.

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the lambeau leap they tried to get to be a penalty back when there was no celebrating, but was denied (have no clue why it was allowed)
Yeah, I've heard something like "grandfathered in"... which is bullshit, since it has only been around since like 1992. If it had been happening since the inception of the league, I could see that argument, but since the '90's? C'mon.