• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

He is at it again

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Richard Sherman is one of the NFL's best cornerbacks, but he's also one of the league's most thoughtful players -- even if the subject is a controversial one.

He has been outspoken on the racial divide in this country, and he has also blasted Roger Goodell and the NFL for everything from "foolish" rules proposals to sticking taxpayers with the bills for new stadiums.

And on Thursday, in a weekly feature for the Players' Tribune, the Seahawkscornerback spoke frankly about the NFL's inconsistency and hypocrisy.

Sherman begins by referencing Andrew Hawkins' touchdown robot celebration from earlier this season. The Browns wide receiver catches the pass, promptly places the ball on the turf, before mechanically walking to the bench. You can see it here.

Enter Sherman:

I thought [the robot dance] was hilarious because, as the saying goes, In jest, there is truth.

This is what the NFL wants, right? It wants players who score a touchdown to hand the ball to the official and walk away. To act like they've been there before.

Which is really just another example of the inconsistency -- and to a degree, the hypocrisy -- of the NFL.

Antonio Brown can't twerk after a touchdown because it's "sexually suggestive." But every Sunday, on most sidelines, there are rows of cheerleaders doing the same types of moves to entertain the crowd.

The NFL doesn't want players to do anything that might set a bad example for the kids in its audience -- such as showboat, or celebrate excessively -- yet it features beer ads in all of its stadiums and in almost every commercial break. Josh Norman can't shoot an imaginary bow and arrow after a big pick because the NFL says that it depicts a "violent act." Meanwhile, the name of the team he plays for depicts Native Americans in a way that many people consider offensive.

It's hard to dispute any of this, of course, which is why the NFL probably won't have anything to say on the matter.

Sherman continues: "All this is hardly surprising. The NFL is inconsistent in a lot of things it does. I mean, most people can't even tell you what a catch is in our league. The rule has gotten so convoluted and confusing that it barely makes sense anymore. Even the guys who get paid to make the calls have difficulty applying it."

Again, the man has a point.

"At the end of the day, fans don't want to watch robots," Sherman continued. "They want to watch players having fun and showing emotion. I'm with them. I think what they also want is for the league to be consistent in its discipline. To be transparent. To do what it says it's going to do and to use a little common sense."

This certainly seems reasonable.

Richard Sherman: Antonio Brown can't twerk but the NFL has cheerleaders?

cowboys5xsbs

Surprise Motherfucker
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sherman is 100% right the NFL is a hypocritical joke.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't really like the man but he is right in everything he said above.

and now there is a rule if a player uses the n word and the official thinks its in a derogatory manner 15 yard penalty with the 2nd "incident" being an auto ejection

TeddyJackEddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Richard Sherman is one of the NFL's best cornerbacks, but he's also one of the league's most thoughtful players -- even if the subject is a controversial one.

He has been outspoken on the racial divide in this country, and he has also blasted Roger Goodell and the NFL for everything from "foolish" rules proposals to sticking taxpayers with the bills for new stadiums.

And on Thursday, in a weekly feature for the Players' Tribune, the Seahawkscornerback spoke frankly about the NFL's inconsistency and hypocrisy.

Sherman begins by referencing Andrew Hawkins' touchdown robot celebration from earlier this season. The Browns wide receiver catches the pass, promptly places the ball on the turf, before mechanically walking to the bench. You can see it here.

Enter Sherman:

It's hard to dispute any of this, of course, which is why the NFL probably won't have anything to say on the matter.

Sherman continues: "All this is hardly surprising. The NFL is inconsistent in a lot of things it does. I mean, most people can't even tell you what a catch is in our league. The rule has gotten so convoluted and confusing that it barely makes sense anymore. Even the guys who get paid to make the calls have difficulty applying it."

"At the end of the day, fans don't want to watch robots," Sherman continued. "They want to watch players having fun and showing emotion. I'm with them. I think what they also want is for the league to be consistent in its discipline. To be transparent. To do what it says it's going to do and to use a little common sense."

Sherman is an overrated, self promoting big mouth.

TeddyJackEddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is on a better team than the Falcons.

Probably, but only because The Falcons need a few more defensive players.
I see next year really being competitive then hopefully be in The 2019 Super Bowl in The Falcons' amazing new 1.6 billion dollar stadium.
Sherman is still an overrated, self promoting big mouth.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably, but only because The Falcons need a few more defensive players.
I see next year really being competitive then hopefully be in The 2019 Super Bowl in The Falcons' amazing new 1.6 billion dollar stadium.
Sherman is still an overrated, self promoting big mouth.

People found that out when the real MVP of that defense was out of the game last year and this year in Bam Bam Cam.

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't really like the man but he is right in everything he said above.

and now there is a rule if a player uses the n word and the official thinks its in a derogatory manner 15 yard penalty with the 2nd "incident" being an auto ejection

and it'll take 6 officials on the field ,to come to this conclusion,after taking 10 minutes to think about it.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope he got a flag for that robot dance!!! HOW DARE HE !!!! You score, you smile, and you hand the ball to the ref and shake his hand!!! Anything else should be auto suspension for 4 games and a 175,000 dollar fine! NFL needs discipline!! You go Rodger!!

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and it'll take 6 officials on the field ,to come to this conclusion,after taking 10 minutes to think about it.

replacement-officials.jpg

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take away Sherman's scary and embarrassing moment with Erin and he's not a bad dude. I like him.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Enter Sherman:

As usual he makes some good points when he wants to even if some of the comparisons are a little bit of a stretch. Richard Sherman is a very good football player. He is also a very smart man and an asshole.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The source, as always, is irrelevant to the message. His message is pretty spot on.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take away Sherman's scary and embarrassing moment with Erin and he's not a bad dude. I like him.

Kinda tough to be too hard on him for that move after the NFCCG. Most of us will never know the emotional high that a 25 year old feels at that exact moment.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda tough to be too hard on him for that move after the NFCCG. Most of us will never know the emotional high that a 25 year old feels at that exact moment.
Signed ~Cam Newton~