• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

TC thread

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sims because of on field production , but truthfully Harmon has more upside in my opinion . AGG maybe even more but Harmon has done it in the NFL

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do. you don't. bubble is a strong possibility that the player will get cut. skinsdad has repeatedly said Humphries is on the bubble. I challenged that statement and said Humphries will make the team and not have to return punts. He disagreed. Simple.

On the bubble means the player is fighting for a roster spot. It does not mean they are likely to be cut.

If Humphries gets injured tomorrow with a high ankle sprain and misses the rest of camp, then he gets injured and misses most of the next phase of preseason…does he make the team?

Let’s say Humphries is even with another player but Humphries returns punts…who makes the team? That is what Dad is saying.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GK is right , you don’t know what a bubble is or subject to being replaced is
In harmons rookie year he was the number 4 wr at the end of the year
He got injured last yr and now is subject to being replaced
You can be a bubble guy and make a team
Last year AGG was ahead of Sims on the depth chart to start with at number 4 wr . He got hurt and guess what ? He is on the bubble

what the bubble means is it can go EITHER way , cut or not

humphries is the 4wr right now

any statement regarding humphries being on the bubble directly relates to my previous statement about cam Sims being a number 4-6 we and that ALL 4 through 6 wrs are subject to losing their jobs In my opinion .

does that mean humphries gets cut this yr ? No does it mean he isn’t replaced next yr ? Well as I have said all 4-6 wrs are subject to being replaced so it could go either way hence “ bubble “

you are backing off your statement that you said Humphries needed to return punts to make this team. Of course you can be a bubble guy and make the team but Humphries is more of a lock than bubble. Then on top of that is you think he has to contribute on ST's to make this team which means he is not good enough as a WR to make this team he has to do more. That is so far from the truth. If he stays healthy he is a lock as a WR.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the bubble means the player is fighting for a roster spot. It does not mean they are likely to be cut.

If Humphries gets injured tomorrow with a high ankle sprain and misses the rest of camp, then he gets injured and misses most of the next phase of preseason…does he make the team?

Let’s say Humphries is even with another player but Humphries returns punts…who makes the team? That is what Dad is saying.

Of course injuries make a difference. A bubble guy is a guy from the outside looking in or his roster spot is shaky. The point is Humphries was brought in to be a WR. Maybe even the starting slot WR. To think he has to perform as a returner to make the team is crazy. Skinsdad think he has to do both to make this team. The guy could be 2nd in receptions this year but he is a bubble player? lol

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because said poster has attached himself to a player

No. Just pointing out what you said and you totally discountingthe signing of Humphries. Bubble player my ass. AGG and Harmon are bubble players not Humphries.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is my point. Alot of fans and media think this guy is going to contribute as a WR. Then you call the guy a bubble player who HAS to contribute on punt returns to make the team. Doesn't make sense.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you are backing off your statement that you said Humphries needed to return punts to make this team. Of course you can be a bubble guy and make the team but Humphries is more of a lock than bubble. Then on top of that is you think he has to contribute on ST's to make this team which means he is not good enough as a WR to make this team he has to do more. That is so far from the truth. If he stays healthy he is a lock as a WR.
nope i am not, what i am saying if without carter , sims milne johnson wright , then humphries will have to return punts

what i have been saying since this BS began is you cant keep 5/6 wrs and the BU's not play special teams . if sims and humphries are equal then you have to keep sims because he returns punts and kick offs . humphries has to return punts for him to break that tie , NOW READ IT DEAN < IF THEY ARE EQUAL !!!!, that is what i have said and maintained .

right now carter is not beating out cam sims , harmon AGG or even steven sims AKA franklin, he is also behind wright on the depth chart

can that change ? YES IT CAN BUT CARTER HAS TO PROVE HE CAN CONTIBUTR IN THE OFFENSE or else you cannot keep him

these are easy simple concepts and no stith lord absolutes

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. Just pointing out what you said and you totally discountingthe signing of Humphries. Bubble player my ass. AGG and Harmon are bubble players not Humphries.
i didnt discount anything , i said just because fitz likes him that doesnt solely mean he is on the team . and again i have maintained what 4-6 wrs are

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is my point. Alot of fans and media think this guy is going to contribute as a WR. Then you call the guy a bubble player who HAS to contribute on punt returns to make the team. Doesn't make sense.
who posted this dean ? i did . how many times do i have to say humphries will make the team dean ? several . he will have to return punts if those other guys dont make it . so far they are on the outside looking in

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nope i am not, what i am saying if without carter , sims milne johnson wright , then humphries will have to return punts

what i have been saying since this BS began is you cant keep 5/6 wrs and the BU's not play special teams . if sims and humphries are equal then you have to keep sims because he returns punts and kick offs . humphries has to return punts for him to break that tie , NOW READ IT DEAN < IF THEY ARE EQUAL !!!!, that is what i have said and maintained .

right now carter is not beating out cam sims , harmon AGG or even steven sims AKA franklin, he is also behind wright on the depth chart

can that change ? YES IT CAN BUT CARTER HAS TO PROVE HE CAN CONTIBUTR IN THE OFFENSE or else you cannot keep him

these are easy simple concepts and no stith lord absolutes

Wrong!!!! Carter doesnt have to beat out the guys you mentioned. He has to win the punt return battle and he makes the team. Carter was brought here to be a returner not WR. This where we differ on Carter. There is no way in hell Sims and Humphries are equal. Humphries is the better WR and hand picked by Fitz, he is going to make the team. S. Sims is another bubble guy not Humphries. If Carter is the best returner he stays. Simple as that. He doesnt have to be the best WR.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i didnt discount anything , i said just because fitz likes him that doesnt solely mean he is on the team . and again i have maintained what 4-6 wrs are

Fitz will be a big reason he will make the team. Plus he is probably the best or 2nd best slot wr we have. the only battle is for the 5th WR position. Slots 4 and 6 are already taken in my opinion.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who posted this dean ? i did . how many times do i have to say humphries will make the team dean ? several . he will have to return punts if those other guys dont make it . so far they are on the outside looking in

he wont return punts this year. the 6th WR will return punts or a backup DB will, not Humphries. My opinion of course.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That was never his statement. That is what you want to hear.

You just said a bubble guy is most likely going to be cut. Make up your mind.

Depending on who we keep. We have three locks. If we keep 5 WRs and Cam Sims or Kelvin Harmon are one, then Humphries has to return punts.

Now you are adding caveats. If he stays healthy. A lock doesn’t have to stay healthy. If TM, CS, or DB go down with injury…they still make the team. That is a lock. If Humphries is outplayed by Wright, Carter, or Milne, then he may be cut.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course injuries make a difference. A bubble guy is a guy from the outside looking in or his roster spot is shaky. The point is Humphries was brought in to be a WR. Maybe even the starting slot WR. To think he has to perform as a returner to make the team is crazy. Skinsdad think he has to do both to make this team. The guy could be 2nd in receptions this year but he is a bubble player? lol

No it is not. You can keep saying the wrong thing over and over but you won’t be correct. A lock makes the team even with injuries. A bubble guy is not guaranteed…thus he is on the bubble. Then you have guys on the outside looking in.

I agree that Humphries was brought here to be a WR. That doesn’t make him a lock for the team. He has a minimalist contract. If he is outplayed, he is cut.

FFS…how dense are you? Nobody has stated he has to return punts to make the team. There are scenarios where he has to return punts to be kept on the team though.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong!!!! Carter doesnt have to beat out the guys you mentioned. He has to win the punt return battle and he makes the team. Carter was brought here to be a returner not WR. This where we differ on Carter. There is no way in hell Sims and Humphries are equal. Humphries is the better WR and hand picked by Fitz, he is going to make the team. S. Sims is another bubble guy not Humphries. If Carter is the best returner he stays. Simple as that. He doesnt have to be the best WR.

If Carter “wins the punt return battle” and can’t contribute on offense, but Sims is close in the battle but contributes…guess who makes the team...if we keep 6 WRs. If we keep 5 WRs, Humphries may have to return kicks.

If we keep 5 WRs and Humphries does not return punts, then he may not make the team.

Hand-picked…what does that even mean? Fitz doesn’t have a say. Fitz is a one year rental. Humphries is on a one year minimal contract. We have no allegiance to either player.

We all agree that Sims is on the bubble.

Nobody said Carter has to be the best WR. He does have to be competent.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you know what “if” means dean ?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Carter “wins the punt return battle” and can’t contribute on offense, but Sims is close in the battle but contributes…guess who makes the team...if we keep 6 WRs. If we keep 5 WRs, Humphries may have to return kicks.

If we keep 5 WRs and Humphries does not return punts, then he may not make the team.

Hand-picked…what does that even mean? Fitz doesn’t have a say. Fitz is a one year rental. Humphries is on a one year minimal contract. We have no allegiance to either player.

We all agree that Sims is on the bubble.

Nobody said Carter has to be the best WR. He does have to be competent.
This is a Dean mancrush thing again . He has latched onto 2 guys and when that happens all sense of rational thought goes out the window .
He picks bits and pieces of things , conflates them and when he is wrong about some things ( not everyone but some ) he goes with “ that was my opinion “ without acknowledging he should have listened

If he dislikes a guy it’s the same thing

could humphries get cut ? Yes is it likely ? No

why bring anyone into camp if jobs weren’t to be had ? How many people dismissed Curl the day he was drafted ? Quite a few but there was competition and he played his way on

right now Harmon is playing his way on .

why is so outlandish to say carter has to contribute on offense to make the team ? He is not any better the sims but sims can play on offense
I think most people will say if both are equal on returns then the separation factor is who can play on offense . How is that unfathomable?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a Dean mancrush thing again . He has latched onto 2 guys and when that happens all sense of rational thought goes out the window .
He picks bits and pieces of things , conflates them and when he is wrong about some things ( not everyone but some ) he goes with “ that was my opinion “ without acknowledging he should have listened

If he dislikes a guy it’s the same thing

could humphries get cut ? Yes is it likely ? No

why bring anyone into camp if jobs weren’t to be had ? How many people dismissed Curl the day he was drafted ? Quite a few but there was competition and he played his way on

right now Harmon is playing his way on .

why is so outlandish to say carter has to contribute on offense to make the team ? He is not any better the sims but sims can play on offense
I think most people will say if both are equal on returns then the separation factor is who can play on offense . How is that unfathomable?

It is unfathomable because some people can’t speak English.