• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

TaylorMade Sold

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe just maybe ...if the young kids today when they tune into a show called "Live at the Players" or "Live at the Masters" or Live from the U.S. Open and they actually got to see live golf action instead of 4 jerk offs talking for 2 hours .....

Then maybe we can get more young kids back into golf.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe just maybe ...if the young kids today when they tune into a show called "Live at the Players" or "Live at the Masters" or Live from the U.S. Open and they actually got to see live golf action instead of 4 jerk offs talking for 2 hours .....

Then maybe we can get more young kids back into golf.

Better yet.. How about the actually show every golfer (or at least not the 5 that they actually show every tournament)

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better yet.. How about the actually show every golfer (or at least not the 5 that they actually show every tournament)

It would be nice, but most people have no clue who 90% of those guys are so they try to feed us the recognizable names.

Normally they have about 4 or 5 holes that have fixed camera positions, and maybe the same amount of moving cameras. One thing about televised golf especially now that Tiger is out of the mix, you give them a reason to follow you with a camera and they will...like Rahm...this kid is getting face time and I'd never heard of him until last year.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be nice, but most people have no clue who 90% of those guys are so they try to feed us the recognizable names.

Normally they have about 4 or 5 holes that have fixed camera positions, and maybe the same amount of moving cameras. One thing about televised golf especially now that Tiger is out of the mix, you give them a reason to follow you with a camera and they will...like Rahm...this kid is getting face time and I'd never heard of him until last year.

Yeah this is true. I do constantly find myself going, "who is that guy?" But yeah I know they are only a few cameras on the course (have done my far share of hole marshaling) so that sucks.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah this is true. I do constantly find myself going, "who is that guy?" But yeah I know they are only a few cameras on the course (have done my far share of hole marshaling) so that sucks.

That's right you have done a bit of marshal work. I haven't in years now, but the few tourneys I've worked they had camera towers on 4 only holes and maybe 3 roving cameras. I worked Eastlake once, and a couple of Sr tour events.

The best "compensation" we got was definitely the Liberty Mutual Sr. Tour event (it literally was the Sr. Tour back then). At World Golf Village at St. Augustine...we got a free golf on Slammer and Squire.

Eastlake I wasn't on the course, I worked parking practice round, and Thurs/Fri. They even made us pay for the shirts at a discounted price. We got in free on Sat/Sunday though.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's right you have done a bit of marshal work. I haven't in years now, but the few tourneys I've worked they had camera towers on 4 only holes and maybe 3 roving cameras. I worked Eastlake once, and a couple of Sr tour events.

The best "compensation" we got was definitely the Liberty Mutual Sr. Tour event (it literally was the Sr. Tour back then). At World Golf Village at St. Augustine...we got a free golf on Slammer and Squire.

Eastlake I wasn't on the course, I worked parking practice round, and Thurs/Fri. They even made us pay for the shirts at a discounted price. We got in free on Sat/Sunday though.

Yeah, it's a lot of fun! I'm doing Deutsche Bank (well Dell) and Travelers this year. Though they are getting better with trying to get cameras on all greens, whether or not they are actually being used is another story

Every tournament I've worked I've had to pay but you get food, hat, shirt and all week admission

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it's a lot of fun! I'm doing Deutsche Bank (well Dell) and Travelers this year. Though they are getting better with trying to get cameras on all greens, whether or not they are actually being used is another story

Every tournament I've worked I've had to pay but you get food, hat, shirt and all week admission

From a production standpoint, tour golf is very challenging and somewhat expensive for networks. Even a major I think they would be hard pressed to get 18 cameras stationed. I've been to the Masters & PGA twice and both times we walked all 18 and I don't remember many camera towers on the front 9 at Augusta. The ATL Athletic Club (host of the PGA) is 10 mins from our office and our construction company is working on a project up there right now actually.

The owner here doesn't play golf, but I'd love to play that track...without the $250 guest fee attached.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From a production standpoint, tour golf is very challenging and somewhat expensive for networks. Even a major I think they would be hard pressed to get 18 cameras stationed. I've been to the Masters & PGA twice and both times we walked all 18 and I don't remember many camera towers on the front 9 at Augusta. The ATL Athletic Club (host of the PGA) is 10 mins from our office and our construction company is working on a project up there right now actually.

The owner here doesn't play golf, but I'd love to play that track...without the $250 guest fee attached.

Granted I haven't been on every hole when I marshalled but for the most part the ones I've seen they had cameras, at least on Saturday afternoon and Sunday... They usually put them out on Saturday morning and leave them covered up. Doesn't mean they will actually use them however, which sucks. But yeah you do need a lot of man power to operate them so the cost probably outweighs viewership.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Granted I haven't been on every hole when I marshalled but for the most part the ones I've seen they had cameras, at least on Saturday afternoon and Sunday... They usually put them out on Saturday morning and leave them covered up. Doesn't mean they will actually use them however, which sucks. But yeah you do need a lot of man power to operate them so the cost probably outweighs viewership.

The networks have the cash to have a camera stationed on every hole and manned, but the ROI is probably not that great.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The networks have the cash to have a camera stationed on every hole and manned, but the ROI is probably not that great.

Yeah it's probably terrible. I wonder what ratings are now a days

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yikes. that's not good!

Nope, especially when the Masters is down that much. Yr in yr out the Masters is the catalyst for televised golf, so that's not a good sign for things to come.

Just based on how much time he's missed for various reasons, I think most execs in the TV industry knew the ratings would slide back when Tiger was no longer a regular on tour. I was one that thought for sure that the PGAT would have to reel back purses, etc as a result of the Great Recession, but they haven't.

Much like the NFL, it will be interesting to see the impact of lower TV ratings on the next TV contract.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, especially when the Masters is down that much. Yr in yr out the Masters is the catalyst for televised golf, so that's not a good sign for things to come.

Just based on how much time he's missed for various reasons, I think most execs in the TV industry knew the ratings would slide back when Tiger was no longer a regular on tour. I was one that thought for sure that the PGAT would have to reel back purses, etc as a result of the Great Recession, but they haven't.

Much like the NFL, it will be interesting to see the impact of lower TV ratings on the next TV contract.

Yeah he really did help the game. Because every tournament I see on tv now a days I am constantly like, "who the flock are these guys?!"

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
damn

not a big fan of TaylorMade clubs, but love Adidas shoes and clothing

I used to buy Nike shirts and Footjoy shoes exclusively until 3 years ago. Much better material for both IMO and less expensive

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
damn

not a big fan of TaylorMade clubs, but love Adidas shoes and clothing

I used to buy Nike shirts and Footjoy shoes exclusively until 3 years ago. Much better material for both IMO and less expensive

I was a Jr. buyer for apparel (Jr means you don't make the trip to the far east factories) for 4 yrs. All the guys that made the trip would all come back and say the same thing...over there, the brands mean almost nothing, fabrics are marketed differently (dri fit vs climailite, etc.) but really are all the same, stitch quality, etc....what is different is the designs....the mark up on apparel from factory to retail is sick.

With shoes...the last makes a big difference. Companies would have their own cushioning properties, Addidas last always seem to fit me better right out of the box, so I tend to favor those, but I have Nike as well.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was a Jr. buyer for apparel (Jr means you don't make the trip to the far east factories) for 4 yrs. All the guys that made the trip would all come back and say the same thing...over there, the brands mean almost nothing, fabrics are marketed differently (dri fit vs climailite, etc.) but really are all the same, stitch quality, etc....what is different is the designs....the mark up on apparel from factory to retail is sick.

With shoes...the last makes a big difference. Companies would have their own cushioning properties, Addidas last always seem to fit me better right out of the box, so I tend to favor those, but I have Nike as well.

copy that

I worked as an executive for Kohl's Dept stores for about 7 years and fully aware of mark ups

you can discount an item for 80% on sale and still make a profit

dem sunzabitches

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
copy that

I worked as an executive for Kohl's Dept stores for about 7 years and fully aware of mark ups

you can discount an item for 80% on sale and still make a profit

dem sunzabitches

A sizeable one...as mentioned, I was a Jr. Buyer company was Foot Locker, in the NY office....we were on average 180-200% over landed cost for apparel. Shoes were not near as good...50-60% tops.