• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Taylor Price let go by the patriots

crash

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Patriots let go of Taylor Price | ProFootballTalk

The Patriots had a strong 2010 draft, finding five starters including Devin McCourty, Rob Gronkowski, and Aaron Hernandez.

They swung and missed with their third round pick, though.

The Patriots let go of wideout Taylor Price on Saturday to make room for offensive lineman Nick McDonald. Most teams hesitate to drop a high pick so quickly, but the Patriots aren’t afraid to admit mistakes. (And the Patriots have had too many lately, especially at wideout.)

Fans wanted to see more of Price because he was faster than the rest of the wideout group, but Price never earned the confidence of the coaching staff. Recent pickup Tiquan Underwood quickly passed Price on the depth chart in November.

Mike Reiss of ESPNBoston.com put it well: “In the end, I think Price arrived as a great athlete that the Patriots hoped would become a great receiver. That transformation never happened, with Tom Brady and Price never able to develop the necessary on-field rapport.

We’d expect a few teams to put claims on Price considering his youth and skill set.

i was hoping the 49ers was going to draft Price in the third round but i'm happy we drafted bowman instead!!

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

The Patriots had a strong 2010 draft, finding five starters including Devin McCourty, Rob Gronkowski, and Aaron Hernandez.

The Patriots let go of wideout Taylor Price on Saturday to make room for offensive lineman Nick McDonald. Most teams hesitate to drop a high pick so quickly, but the Patriots aren’t afraid to admit mistakes. (And the Patriots have had too many lately, especially at wideout.)

Fans wanted to see more of Price because he was faster than the rest of the wideout group, but Price never earned the confidence of the coaching staff. Recent pickup Tiquan Underwood quickly passed Price on the depth chart in November.

Mike Reiss of ESPNBoston.com put it well: “In the end, I think Price arrived as a great athlete that the Patriots hoped would become a great receiver. That transformation never happened, with Tom Brady and Price never able to develop the necessary on-field rapport.

We’d expect a few teams to put claims on Price considering his youth and skill set.

i was hoping the 49ers was going to draft Price in the third round but i'm happy we drafted bowman instead!!

I hated the Bowman pick but he has really turned into a very good player. I really like him.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I hated the Bowman pick but he has really turned into a very good player. I really like him.

I get to say, I loved the Bowman pick. I would like to see him make to pro-bowl. These next few games should bolster the stats of both our offense & defense.

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I get to say, I loved the Bowman pick. I would like to see him make to pro-bowl. These next few games should bolster the stats of both our offense & defense.

I think he is clearly the most improved player from last year to this on the team. All I remember was Singletary saying how Bowman was lost out there and now he is all over the field rivaling the play of Willis who, in my opinion, is the best defensive player in the league.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think he is clearly the most improved player from last year to this on the team. All I remember was Singletary saying how Bowman was lost out there and now he is all over the field rivaling the play of Willis who, in my opinion, is the best defensive player in the league.

Yeah, I certainly hope we don't waste his and the talents of the rest our Pro-Bowl front seven. I think this taste of the playoffs is going to change a lot of things about how this teams plays for years to come - at least I'm hoping!

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

The Niner did not hesitate on letting Taylor Mays go... Must be something about having Taylor as a first name that gets you cut... lol