• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Targets: RP

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Altho we need at least some help in almost every department, I think our bullpen is a bit more solid and in less need than I would have thought earlier in this past year. I don't have any stats to back it up, but I thought the pen improved somewhat in the back half of the campaign. Going into 2020 here are what I would call sure bets to make the roster - barring trades of course:

Alex Colome, closer
Aaron Bummer, set up
Kelvin Herrera, set up/closer (he finished strong, plus I think he's under contract for 2020)

I also see Evan Marshall and Jimmy Cordero having solid shots at making the roster. Jace Fry is maddeningly inconsistent, but when he's on the kid can be a force, so I think he has a pretty good chance as well. Assuming all the above make it, that only leaves a spot or two open. And who knows if there's someone from the farm that can step up. I personally see no more than one signing of a relief pitcher, altho I'd have no problems if a couple of them were inked. Here would be my top three choices from which to choose, with none of them being expensive closers:

Will Harris - The top non-closer on the market, altho he can save in a pinch, so he should command a decent contract. He makes any BP stronger.

Daniel Hudson - Veteran middle reliever who came up thru the Sox organization. Been a bit iffy in the past, but last year was a strong one. I can see that carrying over.

Steve Cishek - Nothing like robbing one from the Cubbies. Steady in the pen at both middle and late innings duty, and can even close a few.

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sox need to do something for the bullpen. A Hudson reunion would be interesting. He wants more money out of the Nats, but I wouldn’t be surprised if he re-signed in DC.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Altho we need at least some help in almost every department, I think our bullpen is a bit more solid and in less need than I would have thought earlier in this past year. I don't have any stats to back it up, but I thought the pen improved somewhat in the back half of the campaign. Going into 2020 here are what I would call sure bets to make the roster - barring trades of course:

Alex Colome, closer
Aaron Bummer, set up
Kelvin Herrera, set up/closer (he finished strong, plus I think he's under contract for 2020)

I also see Evan Marshall and Jimmy Cordero having solid shots at making the roster. Jace Fry is maddeningly inconsistent, but when he's on the kid can be a force, so I think he has a pretty good chance as well. Assuming all the above make it, that only leaves a spot or two open. And who knows if there's someone from the farm that can step up. I personally see no more than one signing of a relief pitcher, altho I'd have no problems if a couple of them were inked. Here would be my top three choices from which to choose, with none of them being expensive closers:

Will Harris - The top non-closer on the market, altho he can save in a pinch, so he should command a decent contract. He makes any BP stronger.

Daniel Hudson - Veteran middle reliever who came up thru the Sox organization. Been a bit iffy in the past, but last year was a strong one. I can see that carrying over.

Steve Cishek - Nothing like robbing one from the Cubbies. Steady in the pen at both middle and late innings duty, and can even close a few.
I decided to resurrect this older post, because if I'm not mistaken, the three RPs on my target list are surprisingly still available. The Sox have done pretty well so far this offseason in filling some important holes, but I believe there's room for at least one signing for the pen. I would be happy with any of these three, even happier if we could nab two of them.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I decided to resurrect this older post, because if I'm not mistaken, the three RPs on my target list are surprisingly still available. The Sox have done pretty well so far this offseason in filling some important holes, but I believe there's room for at least one signing for the pen. I would be happy with any of these three, even happier if we could nab two of them.
Yep, they should be done with hitters. Time to finish adding pitching

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harris is gone, signed a 3/24 deal with the Nats. C'mon Rick, not a lot of elite BP talent out there, let's get at least one of them signed.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harris is gone, signed a 3/24 deal with the Nats. C'mon Rick, not a lot of elite BP talent out there, let's get at least one of them signed.

We will sign a RP...Hell, we might trade for something else AFTER we sign a RP...Sox are on a mission. I wouldn't stress it. Bullpen help is coming.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will sign a RP...Hell, we might trade for something else AFTER we sign a RP...Sox are on a mission. I wouldn't stress it. Bullpen help is coming.
Not so much stressing as I'd just as soon they get moving on this so that they're not stuck at the end with only scraps from which to choose. This offseason has been moving at the speed of light compared to recent years. Snooze you lose.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not so much stressing as I'd just as soon they get moving on this so that they're not stuck at the end with only scraps from which to choose. This offseason has been moving at the speed of light compared to recent years. Snooze you lose.

It would have been more of a stress if we followed the advice of some on here and traded Colome for prospects...God that would have been stupid.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would have been more of a stress if we followed the advice of some on here and traded Colome for prospects...God that would have been stupid.
Really? I don't recall reading that, but I agree, it would have been really bad for us.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another one bites the dust. Hudson re-upped with the Nationals.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm think Colin McHugh will be a good fit - as he can be a spot starter and long reliever. He's still out there (and related to me).