• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tanking

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thoughts? What do we think?

Hey... let's make SEVENTEEN OF THESE.

Fuckin idiots

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tanking equals rolling over and playing dead.....

Bears roll over for no one!!!!!!

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would prefer to use this thread to discuss Cody Parkey's projected NFL roster spot this upcoming season.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tanking equals rolling over and playing dead.....

Bears roll over for no one!!!!!!

As opposed to get rolled over all last year?

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its called giving your best.....you cant do your best,you deserve to be kicked out of the NFL......

You can tank and still give your best. Theres strategic way of tanking.
I’d rather play smart.
Lose 3 games and get a higher pick to help the franchise for the future. Or win a meaningless 3 games with a coaching staff, management and bust QB who will all not be part of the future. Hmm tough choice.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can tank and still give your best. Theres strategic way of tanking.
I’d rather play smart.
Lose 3 games and get a higher pick to help the franchise for the future. Or win a meaningless 3 games with a coaching staff, management and bust QB who will all not be part of the future. Hmm tough choice.

Everyones job is on the line.......Even the organization,they get caught doing that,that so-called higher draft pick(s) will be taken away.......

Why would anyone risk that......?

Not too mention players from bad teams wanting to get out of that situation to better themselves as in more money/going to a playoff team.........

Its absurd to think.....

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyones job is on the line.......Even the organization,they get caught doing that,that so-called higher draft pick(s) will be taken away.......

Why would anyone risk that......?

Not too mention players from bad teams wanting to get out of that situation to better themselves as in more money/going to a playoff team.........

Its absurd to think.....

Lets go back in time. Honest question.
If there was a player like Andrew Luck in the draft and the Bears just needs to lose 3 games to lock Luck up. Do you tank? Be honest.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets go back in time. Honest question.
If there was a player like Andrew Luck in the draft and the Bears just needs to lose 3 games to lock Luck up. Do you tank? Be honest.

No

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This sucks for Fields. They have nobody around him, a crappy oline and are starting a completely new offensive system than he learned in his first year. If he sucks, he might be competing for the starting job with a top pick QB. If this front office decides that Fields isn’t the answer, they will lose no points with ownership picking a new one. This always seems to be the case with the bears offense. Putting QBs through new offensive systems every year keeps them from learning much.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This sucks for Fields. They have nobody around him, a crappy oline and are starting a completely new offensive system than he learned in his first year. If he sucks, he might be competing for the starting job with a top pick QB. If this front office decides that Fields isn’t the answer, they will lose no points with ownership picking a new one. This always seems to be the case with the bears offense. Putting QBs through new offensive systems every year keeps them from learning much.

Improved the depth of the WR room and can draft a guy to sit at the top of the depth chart. Did the same at TE. Added a center. Have two young, capable tackles on the roster. Brought in an OC from a successful offensive system.

There is a ton of work left. But they haven't been sitting on their hands. They just aren't taking the same approach as the last couple guys by saying holy shit we have a hole to fill let's trade away draft picks.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Improved the depth of the WR room and can draft a guy to sit at the top of the depth chart. Did the same at TE. Added a center. Have two young, capable tackles on the roster. Brought in an OC from a successful offensive system.

There is a ton of work left. But they haven't been sitting on their hands. They just aren't taking the same approach as the last couple guys by saying holy shit we have a hole to fill let's trade away draft picks.
This is why I'm giving Poles plenty of rope as far as his approach to rebuilding the Bears. TBH, I've been less than thrilled with his less than thrilling additions to the roster this offseason, in particular the signing or lack of signing various OL and WR spots. But as I've mentioned several times now, it does appear the real work will commence starting next year, when he'll have more draft picks and some serious cap space with which to work. So hopefully we impatient Bears fans (and I list myself as one of those) can take the long term view on how this will all pan out. I don't see a winning season whatsoever in '22, but I'm optimistic that we'll also have bottomed out.