• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

TAMPA BAY BUCS

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
alex smith needs to be careful of barber. i can see a missed block or two resulting in an int this weekend

This is actually a very good point, FI. Barber uses Sanders tactics where he likes to bait QB's to throw in his direction. The window on Barbers receivers is always tighter than it appears.

BallsOfFury

Next man up
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
" ...they're under my buccan pirate hat" ;)
I wonder if the 9ers practice involves Dixon or Miller running into the D line to simulate Blount...iirc he gashed our D several times last year...

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Tampa Bay Buccaneers Forum - ESPN

Yes is a terrible link, but nice to see the fans of the other team talking about us!

That was a great read, X!

I have to crack-up on the O'Line comments, those were hilarious, but in their defense, they are just listening to announcers and reading second hand news. All things considered, it is good to read that at least some of their fans are not dismissing this game as an easy win.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have to crack-up on the O'Line comments, those were hilarious, but in their defense, they are just listening to announcers and reading second hand news. All things considered, it is good to read that at least some of their fans are not dismissing this game as an easy win.

Oh yeah, I was definitely intrigued by the title of the thread, to my disbelief it was actual praise... lol

I mean it's hard to argue that if your not a 49er fan, cause 3 first rd picks on an OL SHOULD mean a DEVASTATING OL.... heck a pro bowl C to boot.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
My guess is it will be a tough close game but I feel like we'll win it but it wouldn't surprise me in the least if we lose it either.

It's just hard to tell what we'll do week to week especially on the offensive side of the ball and until we string together good 4 quarters of offensive play on a more consistent basis it's hard for me to confidently pick us to win this week.

I do like our chances though considering we catch the bucs on a short week where they'll have to fly to the opposite coast.

Also defensively we match up well as our defense is mainly weak against speedy high flying offenses which the Bucs are not offensively. They look to pound Blount which is exactly what our defense wants considering how stout we are against the run.

The main issue is what our offense is going to do this week. Is the running game finally starting to get going or was that because we played the Eagles? Do we build off the Eagles performance and start to open things up in terms of play calling or do we become conservative again looking to run up the gut and hit on short passes?

The Bucs have a good all around solid defense but I think their will be areas to exploit them especially with Davis and I think Hunter could be a factor in this one also.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
My guess is it will be a tough close game but I feel like we'll win it but it wouldn't surprise me in the least if we lose it either.

It's just hard to tell what we'll do week to week especially on the offensive side of the ball and until we string together good 4 quarters of offensive play on a more consistent basis it's hard for me to confidently pick us to win this week.

I do like our chances though considering we catch the bucs on a short week where they'll have to fly to the opposite coast.

Also defensively we match up well as our defense is mainly weak against speedy high flying offenses which the Bucs are not offensively. They look to pound Blount which is exactly what our defense wants considering how stout we are against the run.

The main issue is what our offense is going to do this week. Is the running game finally starting to get going or was that because we played the Eagles? Do we build off the Eagles performance and start to open things up in terms of play calling or do we become conservative again looking to run up the gut and hit on short passes?

The Bucs have a good all around solid defense but I think their will be areas to exploit them especially with Davis and I think Hunter could be a factor in this one also.

just about what i'd write.

since Alex Smith is playing about as well as he'll ever play, it now falls to the O-line? yeah, want to see us run the ball with some success, doesn't have to be big stats but enough to keep their D honest.

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I dont think Any Bucs fans think this is going to be an easy game, let alone an easy win...

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to go with a win really bad. I'm just not sure. I picked this as a loss to start the year and I am not gonna just change everything because of a great comeback. But the fact that we played so well against Dallas (for most of the game) too makes me think the team is turning a corner. Not THE corner... but a little corner. I think Dallas is a better team than Philly. Romo just decided he didn't want to win a couple of those. I say we lose a close one 20-17.

RobertPhD01

49er Faithful Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This is a game that should be close and one that we should play well because it is home. Our execution and scheme needs to continue to evolve. The Oline needs to continue to show positive growth. I want to see more sacks against Freeman and continue to play excellnt run D against Blount. Go 49ers!!

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This is a game that should be close and one that we should play well because it is home. Our execution and scheme needs to continue to evolve. The Oline needs to continue to show positive growth. I want to see more sacks against Freeman and continue to play excellnt run D against Blount. Go 49ers!!

yeah ordinarily i'd see the Bucs about even with the 9ers, even a tad better? but they're coming off a short week and have to travel cross country. we do have to take advantage of these factors.

IMO close game but the 49ers winning a close one. take care of the ball as we've been doing, and we win a close one.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
IMO, the 'X' Factor in this game will be turnovers - win that battle, win the game.

I think we simply need to eliminate the big plays. I'm concerned about our corners and safeties matching up with their receivers and TE. We cannot afford to have a bad game in the tackling department. Once Mike Williams and Arrelious Benn catches the ball, we need to bring them down immediately. We absolutely cannot afford to have those guys kill us on the YAC category.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The Bucs use a smash-mouth ground game to set up a passing game utilizing their big receivers and the occasional run by Freeman. Our D matches up against that about as well as we match up against anything, and we should be ready for Freeman's mobility a week after playing Vick. They're a good, solid team, and I think this should be a good game. Their D is better than advertised IMO, and we'll have trouble running on them. I'm really looking forward to this one. Their monday night game and cross-country flight are nice advantages for us this week. Hopefully we can jump on them early while they're still a bit groggy.

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few things for you guys to consider about the Bucs.
- While the Bucs are a smash mouth running team, they use the pass to set up the run. They also use Josh Freemans ability to run on pass plays to widen the D for that smash mouth running game. For instance here are the first half vs. second half running totals by Blount in the first 4 games.
4/13 0 TDs -- 1/2 0 TDs
5/0 0 TDs -- 8/71 2 TDs
9/23 0 TDs -- 15/58 0 TDs
8/32 0 TDS -- 17/95 1 TD
They also use this to tire a Defense, they are a Horizontal passing team, they try and run the DBs and LBs side to side for much of the early game, make the DLine pass rush early and often. Then they run right at them, also the Passing game becomes a little more vertical. (One of my MAIN regrets was the Bucs did not sign Darren Sproles, he would have been perfect for this team, and would have made this offense complete!)

- Josh Freeman is 9-5 on the Road. He is 9-2 in his last 11 Road Games, with wins at Arizona, San Fransisco and Seattle.
This has no bearing on the game but, The Bucs were 4-16 on the road vs these teams from 76-08. Josh Freeman is 3-0 vs these teams since 09. IF Josh Freeman can lead the Bucs to a win Sunday he would equal that win total.

- The Bucs real weakness is pass protection. While Trueblood is a bad pass protector, luckily with the way Freeman is it is not as big a Liability. But if a team has a Strong Gut Rush then the Bucs will struggle. How well the 49ers are able to rush up the middle with their DTs (as well as making sure they take up the Gs and C in the run game so Patrick can do his thing) will determine a lot on how this game goes for the Defense of the 49ers, IMO.

- The Bucs will give up Big Plays. Maybe a few. Consistency is how the Offense will beat the Bucs. The ones that can drive 87 yards in 14 plays and 6 minutes for a FG and then come right back and go 71 yards in 8 plays in 3 minutes and score a TD that will beat the Bucs. Of the 7 losses since the beginning of last year only 1 was to a team that did not have a consistent offense (New Orleans, Atlanta x2, Detroit x2, Pittsburgh, Baltimore). The Steeler and Lion games from last year, both teams had big plays as well as consistent run pass offenses vs the Bucs. Only Baltimore did not have an offense that Beat the Bucs, they had a defense that beat the Bucs.

Just some trivial things from the Bucs side about this game. I am like most of you, I think we can win this game and maybe even should, but I also know the Bucs can easily lose, and lose bad if they do not play the best game they can play. I just hope the Bucs can pull this out, we need the Win more than you guys. You only will need 7 win to get in the playoffs, we will need 11...

BTW This will be my 7th 49ers/Bucs game that I have been to, been to every one since 1994 but the playoff game and the game in 2004 at Tampa. Me and my friend are flying up there on Sunday (Unfortunetly he is a Niner fan...). The question I had was, I always forget where I say at and never kept a Stub. Is LB8 - Row G - Seat - 5 on the Niners side and on the bottom bowl at the endzone?

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm a little concerned about Blount being able to gash the 49ers in the 4th quarter as well. Francois doesn't look like he has the body for NT. He looks tall and rangy. He claims he weighs 310 but I don't believe that. I'd say he's 280 and is top heavy. He doesn't have all the lower body weight that a good NT needs to jam up the middle and not be moved.

southbaysportsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This is a game the niners should win. With the cross country travel for TB, short week for TB, home game, etc. there is no reason we should lose. At this point in the season, I think the fans and players should be expecting a win everygame. Obviously the niners aren't going 15-1, but the expectations MUST be to win!

SRPnVA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a little concerned about Blount being able to gash the 49ers in the 4th quarter as well. Francois doesn't look like he has the body for NT. He looks tall and rangy. He claims he weighs 310 but I don't believe that. I'd say he's 280 and is top heavy. He doesn't have all the lower body weight that a good NT needs to jam up the middle and not be moved.

The only way this happens is if they're playing with the lead. Hopefully we're able to stop Blount early and put some points up and get out to an early lead.

Mozart'sGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The only way this happens is if they're playing with the lead. Hopefully we're able to stop Blount early and put some points up and get out to an early lead.

That's a good observation and probably what the 49ers are thinking as well. Get a nice lead and take Blount away in the 4th. Easier said than done though.

Mozart'sGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This is a game the niners should win. With the cross country travel for TB, short week for TB, home game, etc. there is no reason we should lose. At this point in the season, I think the fans and players should be expecting a win everygame. Obviously the niners aren't going 15-1, but the expectations MUST be to win!

That's not as far-fetched an idea as it sounds on the surface. I wouldn't go quite that far though. I'd still count the Steelers and Ravens on the road as games I cannot yet expect them to win. The other games are all reasonable opportunities for wins.

SRPnVA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a good observation and probably what the 49ers are thinking as well. Get a nice lead and take Blount away in the 4th. Easier said than done though.

Yeah Blount is a beast. I also want to take back Blount only being effective if they have the lead. When they were down against Minnesota they still fed him the rock and he scored twice in the second half. We're going to have to take hiim out of the picture the whole game.