• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Talib

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a lot of Pats fans are justifying the loss. JMHO

Don't get me wrong, GREAT Corner. Sad to see him go.
Suprised he got so much is all, having NEVER played a whole season.

I don't count a spliff against him (off field issues??? ) only his injury issues.
Even the seasons that he was suspended, he was also injured at some point.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get me wrong, GREAT Corner. Sad to see him go.
Suprised he got so much is all, having NEVER played a whole season.

I don't count a spliff against him (off field issues??? ) only his injury issues.
Even the seasons that he was suspended, he was also injured at some point.

In the end he is gone, we can't change that, we can only adjust.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When looking at a contract you have to look past all the fancy big numbers and get down to the little details to see what the actual contract is. Essentially from what I understand the contract is realistically a 3 year/$26 million contract. So he is being paid $8.7 million a year for 3 years. Yes most of that is guaranteed so that is the risk side of it but the final 3 years are pretty much voidable with minimal dead money.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When looking at a contract you have to look past all the fancy big numbers and get down to the little details to see what the actual contract is. Essentially from what I understand the contract is realistically a 3 year/$26 million contract. So he is being paid $8.7 million a year for 3 years. Yes most of that is guaranteed so that is the risk side of it but the final 3 years are pretty much voidable with minimal dead money.

Well, good for Denver and all Bronco fans. I hope he has a long and prosperous career.
And does not have very many season altering injuries.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope he gets knocked onto IR the first game.

:yahoo:

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope he gets knocked onto IR the first game.

:yahoo:

Well, I wouldn't wish that on any player. Maybe you could just make some Pot laced brownies as a departing gift then make an anonymous call to the league.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I wouldn't wish that on any player. Maybe you could just make some Pot laced brownies as a departing gift then make an anonymous call to the league.

It's Denver.
It's legalish there.
He'll get caught.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DRC is still out there. I understand not paying Talib that much. As Rehone pointed out...he is one screw up from missing half a season. The Broncos will miss him when he's needed most.....injured.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DRC is still out there. I understand not paying Talib that much. As Rehone pointed out...he is one screw up from missing half a season. The Broncos will miss him when he's needed most.....injured.

There are no guarantee's he will be injured. I think the Bucs have until 4 today to make a play on Revis so we will see how that pans out DRC IMO is a step down.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DRC was offered the same contract that Talib was offered and turned it down. He wants more than what Talib just made.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would rather see them make a huge stab at Revis than DRC. Revis is a money chaser, but he's a baller.
DRC is just really decent to very good. IMO.

And yes, I am disappointed Talib is gone.
Still glad the Pats are not overpaying him.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DRC was offered the same contract that Talib was offered and turned it down. He wants more than what Talib just made.

He needs to be tested.

Roger...Can we get a random drug screen for DRC please...?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well no one will give him that.

Well Broncos offered him a similar contract to what Talib just got so his value falls right in line with where the other top corners in the market have been getting. Looks like that $8-9 million a year is what most guys are getting. DRC thinks he is at least worth $10 million a year. He tried to play chicken with the Broncos and well lost.

grim rpr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of Talibs injuries have been hip injuries, if I recall. They aree not freak unrelated injuries that one can say he is "due" for a healthy season. He is one hit away form missing a few games, one hit away from IR.
For $26M garraunteed, I would have let him go.
Glad someone overpaid him, glad it was not the Pats.

u seem to be one of very few pats fans glad to see bb not pay him what he is worth.. it's a back loaded contract.. bb just won't pay unless last name is Brady.. I agree with most other pats fans but I also just read your supposed way to pay revis.. u really think bb will do that... jdm is right on that thread:lol::wtf2:

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
u seem to be one of very few pats fans glad to see bb not pay him what he is worth.. it's a back loaded contract.. bb just won't pay unless last name is Brady.. I agree with most other pats fans but I also just read your supposed way to pay revis.. u really think bb will do that... jdm is right on that thread:lol::wtf2:

I just said in another thread, shocked Bill paid that.

Had to be a bird flip at Talib.