• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

T Wharton

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A good option for the Fins could be Guard T Wharton. He is also an older guard like Mathis yet he is an UFA so no draft pick would be needed to sign him. He is rated by PFF as the best guard available. He was not as dominant as Mathis last year however his asking price would probably be less & definitely could be for less years. He would also give a rookie guard time to develop while keeping Tannehill vertical. With the right RT pick at 19 the Fins would easily have one of the best Olines in the game.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes this has been debated by some fans. I think if Thomas can compete this year it would make sense to go with the cheaper option instead of making a trade. It all depends on price...

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes this has been debated by some fans. I think if Thomas can compete this year it would make sense to go with the cheaper option instead of making a trade. It all depends on price...

D Thomas developing into a quality guard would be best because the team could have him for years in that position. That would build consistency & be at less cost for the team. That said, you know what you are getting with T Wharton & he's not looking for a long term contract. A short term contract would enable coaches to start working D Thomas (or another player) into a rotation at guard to start for 2015. I don't think you can have too much quality depth on the Oline.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D Thomas developing into a quality guard would be best because the team could have him for years in that position. That would build consistency & be at less cost for the team. That said, you know what you are getting with T Wharton & he's not looking for a long term contract. A short term contract would enable coaches to start working D Thomas (or another player) into a rotation at guard to start for 2015. I don't think you can have too much quality depth on the Oline.

Yes agreed I guess it comes down to do you want to pay for pro bowl quality now? And if you don't will it cost us in getting to the playoffs and potentially further? GM will have to figure this out based on his evaluations...

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wondering if the Fins will worry about drafting a G with some of the options out there plus they have Thomas. We may be able to draft a wicked TE and MLB instead....

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wondering if the Fins will worry about drafting a G with some of the options out there plus they have Thomas. We may be able to draft a wicked TE and MLB instead....

It's the uncertainty that still makes me think the Fins need another guard. Beyond that though, a great Oline would make their current WR's, TE's & RB's better. The best offenses in the league & best QB's usually have the best Olines. There's nothing glamorous about picking Olinemen but it wins. That being said, if you think there is enough quality at guard on the Fins already or will be avail to sign, another position to consider in this draft is WR. It may be the deepest position in the draft.