• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

"T-sip"

Status
Not open for further replies.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got it. It's now entirely transparent why that Aggie t-shirt you described is so hilarious! Still, considering how things turned out in the larger sense, I suspect your t-shirt victory is at least a bit hollow. :noidea:

I've never seen nor heard of this t-shirt.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still sticking with the bullshit lies about "no school in texas" and "flier" stuff huh?

But then turn around and talk about people wanting to "act like they are in the know" when Jameis himself said if Texas offered he would have gone there.

There is a reason Mack doesn't coach anymore. He lost the eye for talent.

Funny stuff. Too funny.

Are you suggesting that Sherman was all in on recruiting JFF? I'd like to see the stories on this. JFF fell into his lap.....just like Christine Michael did.

LOL at you acting like Sherman had an eye for talent in JFF!

Get outta here with that Aggy BS

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got it. It's now entirely transparent why that Aggie t-shirt you described is so hilarious! Still, considering how things turned out in the larger sense, I suspect your t-shirt victory is at least a bit hollow. :noidea:

Mack certainly had his misses on the recruiting trail, don't get me wrong. But a LOT of the stuff presented in this thread is vastly overblown.

One thing he did very poorly on was looking at talent out of state though. Good to see Strong is not confining himself to Texas.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you suggesting that Sherman was all in on recruiting JFF? I'd like to see the stories on this. JFF fell into his lap.....just like Christine Michael did.

LOL at you acting like Sherman had an eye for talent in JFF!

Get outta here with that Aggy BS

Yes, I'm BS'ing when I talk about a team that ended up with JFF might have recruited him.

You however, no BS at all when you keep talking about "no other school in Texas even recruited" when everyone with a brain knows Baylor offered a scholly to him.

Keep on trollin, sir

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mack certainly had his misses on the recruiting trail, don't get me wrong. But a LOT of the stuff presented in this thread is vastly overblown.

One thing he did very poorly on was looking at talent out of state though. Good to see Strong is not confining himself to Texas.

If you would stop talking, that wouldn't be an issue.

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A t-shirt fan is a loudmouth asshole who, though has zero ties to a school other than picking them to cheer for, will berate and talk down to other schools as if "their school" is better.

It goes without saying that almost every actual Texas alumnus that I've ever known has had nothing but respect for A&M, and likewise Former Students for Texas. It's the loudmouth t-shirt fans that you can pick out from a mile, trying to talk trash and typically because they have an inferiority complex about said t-shirt status.

Both my daughter and myself are grads. As for trash talk, that's all I ever heard when I first came to Texas. My son in law is an Aggie, and he married a Longhorn. It seemed to work for 12 years, but the divorce became official on Friday, or at least they signed the papers.

Anyway, my Aggie shit is nothing but trash talk, not really serious. Though I have to admit that when I saw the supporters at the 88 Cotton Bowl kinda sitting halfway down on their seat, but not touching the seat, I wondered what that was all about.

Anyway I don't really disrespect any college grad, but I do talk trash online.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never seen nor heard of this t-shirt.

This is the tenth post in this thread: "Meanwhile, Aggy finally sold all of its home games for the first time in a while in their 1st year in the SEC and FINALLY had over 10K show up for a spring game in 2013 in forever. My favorite Aggy Tshirt quote the past 2 seasons: "Mack Brown recruited JF to play safety; Kevin Sumlin recruited JF to play QB"....."

^ that's the tee shirt I'm speaking to. As noted above, I have now learned that the details of what that shirt claims are inaccurate. Substantively, however, I can't imagine a tea sipper finding any consolation -- or humor -- in it.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the tenth post in this thread: "Meanwhile, Aggy finally sold all of its home games for the first time in a while in their 1st year in the SEC and FINALLY had over 10K show up for a spring game in 2013 in forever. My favorite Aggy Tshirt quote the past 2 seasons: "Mack Brown recruited JF to play safety; Kevin Sumlin recruited JF to play QB"....."

^ that's the tee shirt I'm speaking to. As noted above, I have now learned that the details of what that shirt claims are inaccurate. Substantively, however, I can't imagine a tea sipper finding any consolation -- or humor -- in it.

Once again.....we find it hilarious because it's wrong on both fronts......the very premise that someone would wear a shirt that's patently false and obviously so for any fan of either team says more about the idiot wearing it than either school

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know, but that shirt he claims to have seen for 2 seasons, I've never heard about it.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't deleted anything.......YOU are the mod here, not me

The posts are still there, you just delete them out of what you are quoting so you don't have to address just how full of shit you are.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The posts are still there, you just delete them out of what you are quoting so you don't have to address just how full of shit you are.

Once again.....I don't delete anything. If you're going to make accusations, at least be accurate. Otherwise you expose how full of shit YOU are.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again.....I don't delete anything.

Sorry, "Ignore" not "delete"

Once again, care to fix your statement about no schools in Texas recruiting JFF?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again.....I don't delete anything. If you're going to make accusations, at least be accurate. Otherwise you expose how full of shit YOU are.

Brown didn't recruit him to play safety......Brown didn't recruit him AT ALL. He wasn't a highly ranked recruit. A lot of UT fans really don't care.....in a state this big, you're going to miss on some guys. It happens, and you can't take everyone. The fact is NO school in Texas recruited Manziel - he was headed to Oregon before Sherman took a flyer on him at A&M

Some falsehood here.

He didn't offer JFF - and neither did anyone else in state outside of Aggy - and that was AFTER he decommitted to Oregon.

RG3 was recruited as a DB - in fact the ONLY school to offer him at QB was Houston.....and when Art Briles took the Baylor job, RG3 went with him.

Winston - Mack was told that he was not going to leave to come to Texas from sources he trusted. Now after the fact people want to act like he was a shoe in to sign in Texas.

Luck was never going to Texas. They had just signed Garrett Gilbert - Luck didn't even come to junior day, he was pretty much a lock to go elsewhere once the Player of the Year at his position signed at Texas.

People kill me with this act like all these guys were dying to be Longhorns, and that Mack simply ignored them.

Full of shit. Couldn't agree with you more :suds:

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again.....we find it hilarious because it's wrong on both fronts......the very premise that someone would wear a shirt that's patently false and obviously so for any fan of either team says more about the idiot wearing it than either school

Guess the scoreboard argument doesn't appeal to tea sippers? You really think that the differential between what UT and A&M accomplished over the past two season wouldn't have changed had Manziel chosen to sip tea rather than gig 'em?

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, "Ignore" not "delete"

Once again, care to fix your statement about no schools in Texas recruiting JFF?

I'd have to re-look up his offer sheet......but I stand by my statements. Nobody was really trying to get JFF. It's not like he was some 5 star can't miss prospect.

Texas coaches did notice him though....most notably Duane Akina tried to sell Mack on getting him, but Mack was notoriously hard headed when he decided on offers.

Mack passed on Michael, Lamichael James, quite a few players......so in that regard I agree with you. I just don't blow it out of proportion. Too many quality kids in this state.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd have to re-look up his offer sheet......but I stand by my statements. Nobody was really trying to get JFF. It's not like he was some 5 star can't miss prospect.

Texas coaches did notice him though....most notably Duane Akina tried to sell Mack on getting him, but Mack was notoriously hard headed when he decided on offers.

Mack passed on Michael, Lamichael James, quite a few players......so in that regard I agree with you. I just don't blow it out of proportion. Too many quality kids in this state.

Sorry, but you don't offer a scholarship to someone you aren't recruiting. I don't care if they are 5 star or not. Baylor is in Texas. You are flat out wrong, but stand by it if you want.

You roll in here talking about how no one knows what they are talking about, then throw out the same bullshit time and time again.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess the scoreboard argument doesn't appeal to tea sippers? You really think that the differential between what UT and A&M accomplished over the past two season wouldn't have changed had Manziel chosen to sip tea rather than gig 'em?

What are you debating here? The stupidity of the shirt or the reality of the player JFF became?

There isn't a scoreboard argument - the very premise of the shirt is wrong on all counts and hilarious. It's very simple - either you get that or you don't.

If you'd like to discuss JFF we can do that as well, but your 'scoreboard' argument doesn't really work there either.

JFF is considered by many Aggys to be the best player they ever had......I'm not sure he'd rate top 5 for Texas.

Status
Not open for further replies.