• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

T. Brown aiming at Pro Bowl

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the most important positions when it comes to confidence vs performance, so I like his confidence. Hope he can do it, because it'd probably take around 10 INTs for him to get votes ahead of the established CBs who have already been there a few times. That'd sure be nice to have 10 INTs from one of the team's CBs.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I didn't even know he was going to start! I thought Culliver & Rogers would start this year.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Brown showed some amazing cover skills last year. Almost Revis like when it came to shadowing receivers. Even when he got toasted badly by Hakeem Nicks, he showed top notch recovery skills with regard to that particular play. I know he'll make the probowl this year granted he remains healthy. The kid is a stud IMO. Culliver is not good enough to unseat Brown or Rogers.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brown played very well to earn a starting spot which he did last season...

Cully is #3 for now.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brown played very well last season. He is without a doubt going to be the starter. I like that he's aiming for the pro bowl, we saw a huge improvement in his game last season.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
if the front 7 continues to pressure like they did last season, he has a chance. i wouldn't bet on it like him, but its not so 'far fetched'.

speaking of which, say Cam Johnson turns out a decent (not good just yet) pass rusher.....do we bring him on on real obvious passing downs? say anything 3rd down and OVER 10 yards? i'd think Aldon rushes from inside and Cam rushes from the right spot....more or less.

but this means either Bowman or Willis comes out? they take turns so they get some rest?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happens if there is no pro bowl anymore?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What happens if there is no pro bowl anymore?

they already announced it will continue, at least another year. the Hawaii economy is very happy!

the players side wanted to continue it but the question remains.....how do you make it more competitive? money alone isn't enough.....or is it?
make it winner take all?

also, why SHOULD players risk serious injury?

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Wouldn't it follows that even if the is no PRO BOWL game, one can be named a Pro Bowler by title? I mean players named the to PRO BOWL and do not attend do not lose that distinction, do they? If there are Pro Bowlers who do not play on the Pro Bowl, why should having a game or not having a game matter?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't it follows that even if the is no PRO BOWL game, one can be named a Pro Bowler by title? I mean players named the to PRO BOWL and do not attend do not lose that distinction, do they? If there are Pro Bowlers who do not play on the Pro Bowl, why should having a game or not having a game matter?

They could go back to just naming an "All Pro" team. Pro Bowler is an odd name if there isn't an actual bowl.

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
They could go back to just naming an "All Pro" team. Pro Bowler is an odd name if there isn't an actual bowl.

All pro is not the same as pro bowl. NaVarro Bowman was named "All Pro" but was not selected as a Pro Bowler... Also keep i mind that pro bowl selections involves Fans, Coaches, and Players while the All Pro selection are made by a panel of national media members

Last edited by a moderator:

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

yes, the label could stay the same....game or no game. or as someone else suggested, they can change the label?

as long as money is still winning out, they'll continue the "game". i'm just glad its here. :-)

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the confidence and hope he makes it but kinda' makes folks root against him to help the charities, no?

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the confidence and hope he makes it but kinda' makes folks root against him to help the charities, no?

Good point. He could make it two game checks if he makes it to Hawaii. I'm assuming he'll get a bonus, anyway.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point. He could make it two game checks if he makes it to Hawaii. I'm assuming he'll get a bonus, anyway.

I was thinking something like that. Difficult to really do it in an elegant manner.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brown showed some amazing cover skills last year. Almost Revis like when it came to shadowing receivers. Even when he got toasted badly by Hakeem Nicks, he showed top notch recovery skills with regard to that particular play. I know he'll make the probowl this year granted he remains healthy. The kid is a stud IMO. Culliver is not good enough to unseat Brown or Rogers.

I thought there was a significant drop off in coverage once Brown got hurt in last year's NFC title game.