• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sweet Sixteen: Day One (Th).

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, fuck Xavier anyway. They got to play Georgia State. We got to play Kentucky. That's fair! Same diff.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when guards don't realize the defense knows their play

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hat off to Xavier for playing them tough, could have been the cats with a better shooting night

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta give Xavier credit. Their big man can play. Thank God for clutch free throws by the Cats.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Survive and advance. That was very similar to our sweet 16 game against SDSU last year

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There will be no shame for whoever loses the Arizona/Wisconsin game. It has to be the most ridiculous pre-Final Four matchup in decades, if not ever. This will be the first tourney game this millennium where two major conference teams with three or less losses play each other before the Final Four. And the two teams have done it with huge win differentials, and incredible efficiency.

It should be a great game, but it also should never have happened. The good news is Kentucky is going to have to beat a great team if they want to go 40-0.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just noticed that one of my 10 brackets has 13 out of 16 Sweet 16 teams correct. Its also the only bracket I picked where Wisconsin beats Arizona

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There will be no shame for whoever loses the Arizona/Wisconsin game. It has to be the most ridiculous pre-Final Four matchup in decades, if not ever. This will be the first tourney game this millennium where two major conference teams with three or less losses play each other before the Final Four. And the two teams have done it with huge win differentials, and incredible efficiency.

It should be a great game, but it also should never have happened. The good news is Kentucky is going to have to beat a great team if they want to go 40-0.

It's gonna be such a battle. It really is a shame that it's happening before the final four. Good luck Saturday Smart, hope we can get our revenge for last year.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just noticed that one of my 10 brackets has 13 out of 16 Sweet 16 teams correct. Its also the only bracket I picked where Wisconsin beats Arizona

Shoulda filled out 15 brackets....

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect Kentucky to double team him like they did last year, and he he'll have a "quiet" game. But when they did that Frank just found open teammates and we scored 73 points on 62 possessions.

Also, the guy had 28 and 11 to beat the #1 defense last year. If he's a siss, then I love "siss." Sissy is gonna be the NPOY. Cincy would kill to have a guy half as good as Frank.
If they meet each other, there's a 0.00% chance UK will double him. WCS will play him straight up and that'll be that

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they meet each other, there's a 0.00% chance UK will double him. WCS will play him straight up and that'll be that

It would be a blast if it happened (best offensive player on #1 offense of KenPom era straight up versus best defender on #1 defense of KenPom era). Personally, I love the matchup. WCS is a great athlete, but I don't think he can hang with Frank in space. And if he can, Frank can just draw him outside and then eliminate one of the best rim protectors in the nation. If Towns got into foul trouble, and WCS is behind the three-point line, our offense would roll.

Of course, last year our offense rolled and we still lost the game. That's the scary thing...even if our offense does tear apart your elite defense, it's only half the battle.

But for the moment, I just hope we get there.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be a blast if it happened (best offensive player on #1 offense of KenPom era straight up versus best defender on #1 defense of KenPom era). Personally, I love the matchup. WCS is a great athlete, but I don't think he can hang with Frank in space. And if he can, Frank can just draw him outside and then eliminate one of the best rim protectors in the nation. If Towns got into foul trouble, and WCS is behind the three-point line, our offense would roll.

Of course, last year our offense rolled and we still lost the game. That's the scary thing...even if our offense does tear apart your elite defense, it's only half the battle.

But for the moment, I just hope we get there.
WCS didn't play in the game last year. He takes the other teams best player either way, be it a center or a point guard, he will have no issues checking him away from the basket. Even with WCS outside, KAT and Lyles(along with Johnson and Lee) still gives UK 2 shot blocker under the basket.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WCS didn't play in the game last year. He takes the other teams best player either way, be it a center or a point guard, he will have no issues checking him away from the basket. Even with WCS outside, KAT and Lyles(along with Johnson and Lee) still gives UK 2 shot blocker under the basket.

You can say it all you want. The best offense you played was North Carolina, the #11 offense this year. We are the most efficient offense of the last twelve years, and likely much longer.

You haven't played an offense near as good as us. We haven't played a defense like yours. Until we play, there is no way to know which will win. If we talk about how the year has gone, something's gotta give because our offense and your defense are unstoppable.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can say it all you want. The best offense you played was North Carolina, the #11 offense this year. We are the most efficient offense of the last twelve years, and likely much longer.

You haven't played an offense near as good as us. We haven't played a defense like yours. Until we play, there is no way to know which will win. If we talk about how the year has gone, something's gotta give because our offense and your defense are tough to stop

Wishful thinking FTFY

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shoulda filled out 15 brackets....
Its the first year ive filled out more than one but its also the first year I haven't watched college basketball probably since I was in preschool.

One of my brackets is in the 99.7 percentile only because I picked a bracket based mostly on coaching and systems and not analytics or quality of season

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You haven't played an offense near as good as us. We haven't played a defense like yours. Until we play, there is no way to know which will win. If we talk about how the year has gone, something's gotta give because our offense and your defense are unstoppable.
I'm not taking anything away from Wisky, only saying WCS didn't play in UK's victory last season and that WCS playing away from the basket is nothing unusual at all. It will be a great game. The one thing I will say is that this UK team is far better than the one you saw last year. Huggins said it's the best defensive team he's seen....ever