• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sweet Sixteen: Day One (Th).

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not taking anything away from Wisky, only saying WCS didn't play in UK's victory last season and that WCS playing away from the basket is nothing unusual at all. It will be a great game. The one thing I will say is that this UK team is far better than the one you saw last year. Huggins said it's the best defensive team he's seen....ever

Whoa, whoa, whoa... slow down there guys... lets see what happens Saturday :-)

A thought... I wonder if Wisconsin would be a tougher opponent for Kentucky than Arizona because Wisc got to the FF last year and played Kentucky tough. I don't think they'll be intimidated by the moment. Zona, on the other hand got to the EE and played Wisconsin tough... They are looking for revenge over Wisc and to break through to the FF... might be a bit more satisfied getting to that point than Wisconsin would be?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoa, whoa, whoa... slow down there guys... lets see what happens Saturday :-)

A thought... I wonder if Wisconsin would be a tougher opponent for Kentucky than Arizona because Wisc got to the FF last year and played Kentucky tough. I don't think they'll be intimidated by the moment. Zona, on the other hand got to the EE and played Wisconsin tough... They are looking for revenge over Wisc and to break through to the FF... might be a bit more satisfied getting to that point than Wisconsin would be?
No doubt it could be ND -Zona, was talking about the possibility of that matchup. I think Wisconsin would be a tougher matchup for UK. I do think Arizona is a great matchup for Wisconsin if they do face UK, in that UK is a little bigger and deeper version of Zona

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AZ needs to step up it's game if it's going to knock off Wisconsin. First half vs. Ohio State they were sloppy and then vs. Xavier they had another slow start and let a decent but not great team hang around.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm Very, very worried that no ones gonna be able to beat Kentucky.
You can count on it. No college team is going to beat KY. The are too big and too talented.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AZ needs to step up it's game if it's going to knock off Wisconsin. First half vs. Ohio State they were sloppy and then vs. Xavier they had another slow start and let a decent but not great team hang around.

True, but AZ is a second half team. We wear opponents down as the game goes on. We essentially spend the first half finding out how our schemes work and our halftime adjustments are huge. Kaminsky and Gasser both played the whole game yesterday, and Hayes played 35 minutes. TJ was our only guy who played over 33 minutes, with 36. None of our guys have averaged 30 mpg this season, while Wisky has most of their starters averaging over 30. As we look at the 38th game these teams will be playing this year, it will be a factor, even if it's small. It can play a part in a close game if Wisky has a bunch of guys not getting any rest.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but AZ is a second half team. We wear opponents down as the game goes on. We essentially spend the first half finding out how our schemes work and our halftime adjustments are huge. Kaminsky and Gasser both played the whole game yesterday, and Hayes played 35 minutes. TJ was our only guy who played over 33 minutes, with 36. None of our guys have averaged 30 mpg this season, while Wisky has most of their starters averaging over 30. As we look at the 38th game these teams will be playing this year, it will be a factor, even if it's small. It can play a part in a close game if Wisky has a bunch of guys not getting any rest.

Well said. Its been pretty consistent over the past 3 seasons... The 2nd half and especially in the last 10 minutes... Arizona will pull away from a team. Their defensive energy seems to improve throughout the game while the other team's offensive energy decreases.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well said. Its been pretty consistent over the past 3 seasons... The 2nd half and especially in the last 10 minutes... Arizona will pull away from a team. Their defensive energy seems to improve throughout the game while the other team's offensive energy decreases.

The other thing I have noticed this season that I don't think others consider is the fact that although AZ does go through offensive droughts, we take the other team with us. It's almost like a "if we don't score, no one scores" mentality. OUr defense gets extremely stingy when we go through our droughts. We seem to aim more at keeping teams below us than trying to outscore them.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mascots_01.jpg

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pulling for Zona to beat Wisky. The Bashers are a tougher matchup for UK OMO. After watching Xaviers bugs destroy Zona inside, I became a huge Wildcats vs Wildcats fan