• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Swanson To Cubs

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those big market Twins throwing money around again...

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope the FO realizes that that deal is actually a steal. Salaries are only going to go up and I predict this is the identical type contract France is going to get (if he doesn’t get injured)

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope the FO realizes that that deal is actually a steal. Salaries are only going to go up and I predict this is the identical type contract France is going to get (if he doesn’t get injured)
I don't think France is anywhere near this contract. Maybe early last year he had a chance at it, but now I see it more in the 5/$70M range at best.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am personally not a fan of the player himself but in this market yes its fair value.

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think France is anywhere near this contract. Maybe early last year he had a chance at it, but now I see it more in the 5/$70M range at best.
Agreed, I believe France is one of those early to ripe and early to rotten players. I believe his best years are behind him ( and he is still fairly young as a MLB player goes )

he woo'ed everyone with his minor league stats in SD and had a great start to the 2022 season then hit a wall after about 125 ab's.

i just do not buy into MLB players who do not have that ultra athletic gift of running - jumping - diving and moving etc etc. He should be offloaded as soon as his value appears to go up any, and we get something worthwhile in return with some added cash.

His non mobility is a huge problem as far as him playing the field. He has to be one of the smallest range defenders at 1st base if there is a stat for that.

+1 to a few comments regarding the M's lackluster spending spree ( more like a spurt ). They are rolling out a wild card hopeful squad at best on opening day.
Their complacency at mediocrity is laughable

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, I believe France is one of those early to ripe and early to rotten players. I believe his best years are behind him ( and he is still fairly young as a MLB player goes )

he woo'ed everyone with his minor league stats in SD and had a great start to the 2022 season then hit a wall after about 125 ab's.

i just do not buy into MLB players who do not have that ultra athletic gift of running - jumping - diving and moving etc etc. He should be offloaded as soon as his value appears to go up any, and we get something worthwhile in return with some added cash.

His non mobility is a huge problem as far as him playing the field. He has to be one of the smallest range defenders at 1st base if there is a stat for that.

+1 to a few comments regarding the M's lackluster spending spree ( more like a spurt ). They are rolling out a wild card hopeful squad at best on opening day.
Their complacency at mediocrity is laughable
Well said on all points. Problem with them trading him is that he is still cheap even for Mariners standards. They like cheap.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am personally not a fan of the player himself but in this market yes its fair value.
I’m not saying anything negative or positive, I just think by the time he hits free agency that will be the market for him. Which even now is way too high for my liking.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would’ve thought so too, but this market has exploded. He will be over 30 if I remember correctly so maybe it won’t be as high as Swanson. But damnit, that Swanson deal is essentially what Jerry identified is the market they are shopping in.

Realistically now, they either have to give up all of their top farm guys, trade pieces on the roster or some combination of both to improve. They are betting on into next season with Kelenic is going to become the guy is was projected, the llast few weeks Raleigh is the one they have not the 1 who played the season but could only hit HR’s. Gilbert and Kirby won’t have any affects from pitching a full season, Robbie Ray is going to bounce back, Geno can be the 2022 guy not the 19-21 guy. JP will bounce back from a regression year.

Teoscar is an upgrade for sure, but he is a 1 year deal and if weren’t shopping at the top of the market for OF not sure they will for him either. Wong as well is an upgrade, again a 1 deal, but more concerning is Jerry’s first press conference after that deal is that he is going to platoon with Moore. Has he watched Moore, there is zero reason for him to even be a platoon player. He can spell Wong and JP every now and then.

Just sucks we were sold lies with the rebuild. I conceded the Covid year and moved their time table back a year which means in 2022 they would be in the playoffs (check) and in 2024 be competitive enough that they could win a championship, whether he meant AL Champs or WS champs. And where they are at now then I think we can kiss that goal out the window. I truly just get how they can make the big investments in Castillo and Julio then decide nah, we want to slightly get better while the same teams in the playoffs last year got better plus the I have a feeling the Red Sox got better.

There aren’t any more big bats just platoon guys, so they might as well go trade for a front end pitcher.