• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Svelte Fairley to play Sunday ?

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fairley ran through some individual drills, cutting, running, bag drills, but not team drills. He was cleared to practice in a limited fashion for Thursday.

from Austin;

Austin said that Fairley is not at game-level fitness yet but that his fitness level is good enough. It showed in individual drills Thursday, as Fairley said he beat Detroit defensive end Ezekiel Ansah -- the team's best outside rusher -- in a bag drill.

If Fairley is able to make it back, Austin said he would be in a limited role because Fairley hasn't played since Week 8. But he said keeping him active, even if it means for just a handful of plays, would be worth it if he can get to that level.

"The difference with Nick is that in five to seven plays, he can actually make some game-changing plays," Austin said. "That would be something we weigh when we get a little closer to Sunday."

2015 NFL Playoffs -- Nick Fairley of Detroit Lions practices and hopes to play vs. Dallas Cowboys - ESPN

Nick Fairley returns to Detroit Lions practice

Last edited by a moderator:

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be a nice addition to the D-line should Fairley get 10-12 snaps this weekend. It could be a bigger addition for the team should they go into Dallas and get the win this weekend and have Fairley the following weekend.

Hope the BIG-Boy can contribute.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit Lions coach Jim Caldwell softened his stance from earlier this week that it will take a miracle for Fairley to see the field in Sunday's wild-card game against the Dallas Cowboys (4:40 p.m., Fox).

"I said that last year, didn't I?" Caldwell joked. "We'll see. He's coming along a lot faster. He hadn't been on the practice field at that time. We saw him on the practice field; things look a little different. So we'll kind of continue to assess that and see where he is."

Detroit Lions' Nick Fairley practices 2nd straight day; Warford out

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit Lions coach Jim Caldwell softened his stance from earlier this week that it will take a miracle for Fairley to see the field in Sunday's wild-card game against the Dallas Cowboys (4:40 p.m., Fox).

"I said that last year, didn't I?" Caldwell joked. "We'll see. He's coming along a lot faster. He hadn't been on the practice field at that time. We saw him on the practice field; things look a little different. So we'll kind of continue to assess that and see where he is."

Detroit Lions' Nick Fairley practices 2nd straight day; Warford out

Forget Fairley, Warford being out is the killer.

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take all the help the DL can get against that Cowboys' OL. If they can generate pressure with 4 pass rushers and stop the run they win, but I'm concerned that in the second half as the line rotation tires Murray will run wild. If they could get 15 snaps from Fairley at a high level that would be a godsend.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forget Fairley, Warford being out is the killer.

We probably will not be game planning to run the ball. Cowboys CBs are not very good in coverage. The fact that Raiola is back in worries me more. I didn't miss him 1 bit last week. The O-line looked better without him IMO.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Svelte"

I like it :clap:

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Svelte and Fairley in the same sentence deserves bonus points.

If he can play a couple of series or short yardage plays it would help.

Good to see him try to come back and not just mail it in as he is a free agent.