• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SUV Choice

Type of SUV??

• 4-Runner

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • Rogue

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Explorer

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • Audi Q7

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Traverse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • CR V

• Other

Votes: 24 54.5%
  • Pathfinder

• Total voters

BostonBlackie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get something serious:

home-1.jpg

BostonBlackie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My GLS has been very good, as expected for $90k! There's really nothing special. It's just very safe, reliable and will do everything right for the next quarter million miles.

It says, "Yes, I'm better than you...but not trying to flaunt it."

2018-mercedes-benz-gls-450-suv-main.png

Does that use the 4 matic system? And if so how do you like it?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over the past 30 years I've had 9 Toyotas, including 4 Lexuses, and have never had one problem, literally.

Agree, like I told the wife. In order Toyota, Honda, Subaru and from my experience there is very little difference in the three from a maintenance stand point

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've had my '15 Explorer Sport for 3 years now. Still love it. Not many competitors can match Ford with their utilities. But their 350hp ecoboost engine is very underrated. Not exactly friendly on the gas mileage if you have a heavy foot, but once you get it figured out it will get you 18-20mpg in the city no problem.

_rolltideroll_

4 out of 3 people have trouble with basic math...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,180.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like 4Runners, but holy fuck, what's the deal with the infotainment system and lack of blind spot monitoring? The RAv4 is light years more advanced.

Dusty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The blind spot monitoring in both side mirrors is one of the best features in any make vehicle that has been made available in years. I would never own a vehicle without it, now that I have it. But one thing I noticed was that one time a motorcycle passed me and was way over towards the median strip and the sensor did not pick it up. That could prove to be disastrous should I have tried to change lanes without looking over my shoulder.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've had my '15 Explorer Sport for 3 years now. Still love it. Not many competitors can match Ford with their utilities. But their 350hp ecoboost engine is very underrated. Not exactly friendly on the gas mileage if you have a heavy foot, but once you get it figured out it will get you 18-20mpg in the city no problem.

I know everyone's experience is different but I owned a Ford Taurus the transmission went tits up took it too AAMCO the guy told me that Ford transmissions are notoriously bad and he suggested I get the lifetime warranty. I thought it was an upsale thing so I called a friend that is a mechanic and he said yeah get it. It was about $480 more. AAMCO had to rebuild that tranny 5 times. Something about the planets were supposed to be sitting in a oil bath and they weren't. Convinced me to never buy Ford again, but again the was my experience

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know everyone's experience is different but I owned a Ford Taurus the transmission went tits up took it too AAMCO the guy told me that Ford transmissions are notoriously bad and he suggested I get the lifetime warranty. I thought it was an upsale thing so I called a friend that is a mechanic and he said yeah get it. It was about $480 more. AAMCO had to rebuild that tranny 5 times. Something about the planets were supposed to be sitting in a oil bath and they weren't. Convinced me to never buy Ford again, but again the was my experience
That problem resided with their PowerShift transmission that was only in select models. The Focus, Fusion & Fiesta IIRC. But yea those cars were plagued with tranny issues. The ecoboost engines have great reliability so long as you keep up with regular maintenance.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That problem resided with their PowerShift transmission that was only in select models. The Focus, Fusion & Fiesta IIRC. But yea those cars were plagued with tranny issues. The ecoboost engines have great reliability so long as you keep up with regular maintenance.

It's generally a myth nowadays that Toyota/Honda/etc. are bulletproof and Ford/GM are garbage when it comes to reliability. You could say that a couple of decades ago, and it's been hard to shake the bad reps, but you have to truly scrape the bottom of the barrel to find unreliable stuff. Fact is, most companies are very reliable, just as you said....as long as you keep up with regular maintenance.

Having said that, I'm looking hard at a Subaru as my daily runner when my Escape dies.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's generally a myth nowadays that Toyota/Honda/etc. are bulletproof and Ford/GM are garbage when it comes to reliability. You could say that a couple of decades ago, and it's been hard to shake the bad reps, but you have to truly scrape the bottom of the barrel to find unreliable stuff. Fact is, most companies are very reliable, just as you said....as long as you keep up with regular maintenance.

Having said that, I'm looking hard at a Subaru as my daily runner when my Escape dies.

It's mostly associated to the American 4 cyl cars, they still suck in comparison. But Toyota and Honda are still more reliable that's pretty widely known and the are the most American made cars sold in America by a long shot. So my take is I am buying a better car made in America by Americans that's a win for me.

realityball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always owned a sports sedan along with an suv or truck (73 ford f100, 74 bronco, 84 Toyota pickup SR5, 88 Motero, 98 Jeep Grand Cherokee) and now own a 2007 ford freestyle limited. I keep the cars about 10 years and then buy in cash ...

I’m way overdue on the freestyle but I haven’t been able to pull the trigger on it’s replacement ... cuz I can’t find one

Volvo engine, CVT (I really like it), huge interior, bucket second row seats w/console, rides lo but never came close to getting stuck in the snow

I’m looking at Volkswagen Atlas, Subaru Assent, Ford Explorer, and GMC Acadia ...

the old ford got just 145,000 on it
still shoppin ...

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drove a Q5 the other day. As a loaner while my S4 was getting headlights calibrated.

I can safely say I never want an SUV. Top heavy. Drives like a truck. I have no reason to own one.

And it had a stupid TV thing sticking up out of the dash with a list of radio stations on it.

I'll take an S4 or S6 Avant. RS is out of my price range.