• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Suppose we had a home game and nobody came?

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
During the last couple of years, we've seen attendance for home games dip a little way below 10K, with some new records last year.

What if attendance, if even for one game, was ABSOLUTE ZERO?

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
During the last couple of years, we've seen attendance for home games dip a little way below 10K, with some new records last year.

Never happen....

Even though fans are sick of this crap, there still is that desire to go see a live game, plus with people jumping ship they can go see there new baseball team play when they come to town....

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
most people who go are either soccer moms and dads looking for a wholesome family experience with passing interest in the team, or hipsters. it's been that way for a long time.

ticket sales don't really mean a lot to nintendo's ownership. it's all about tv. their ownership of root guarantees them $200 million/year.

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be willing to bet they will pull in under 5k sometime this year for a mid week game with Erasmo Ramirez pitching and 6 games behind Oakland.

wait, is that today?

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They would be forced to add another Dave Sims stupid hat night or two.

AceKeptic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never happen....

Even though fans are sick of this crap, there still is that desire to go see a live game, plus with people jumping ship they can go see there new baseball team play when they come to town....

"People jumping ship..."

Well, why not? After all, the team quit on them first.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

People would have to stop tuning in on TV… The TV contracts are where the real money is at… Mariners have such a broad audience because there the only MLB team around this area… Portland, Montana, Idaho, Alaska…. Hell Hawaii all support the M's… EVEN Vancouver has M's fans… That's the main reason the Mariners brass has gotten away with this shitty product for so long… They stay solvent regardless because of the TV contracts.. If people stop tuning in THEN THEY"LL start feeling the pain…

AceKeptic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People would have to stop tuning in on TV… The TV contracts are where the real money is at… Mariners have such a broad audience because there the only MLB team around this area… Portland, Montana, Idaho, Alaska…. Hell Hawaii all support the M's… EVEN Vancouver has M's fans… That's the main reason the Mariners brass has gotten away with this shitty product for so long… They stay solvent regardless because of the TV contracts.. If people stop tuning in THEN THEY"LL start feeling the pain…

Doing MY part in delivering the pain.

If only the hockey playoffs lasted until football season. At least we don't have an NHL team that can disappoint us...yet...I know there had been talk over the last few years.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had plans on attending the game on Saturday. No way am I going now, I don't want to give this franchise another cent of mine. It is probably a good thing I don't get home until 8pm, that way I can't turn them on the TV either most of the time.