• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Superflex League

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
deeper is certainly more challenging... But I am also not a fan of shallow leagues... every team is too good... even the bad teams should be good...

I think this was many of our first time doing a SF,

didn't help that I dropped the ball as a commish with the transaction rules( I will defend myself by using the fantrax was confusing excuse)
He knew it was going to be a learning curve this 1st year. We have time to implement the changes we WANT for next year. Trial run, plus a lot of us have never been in a Superflex league before. This was only my 2nd and the very first one I did was different

StuUKWI

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
deeper is certainly more challenging... But I am also not a fan of shallow leagues... every team is too good... even the bad teams should be good...

I think this was many of our first time doing a SF,

didn't help that I dropped the ball as a commish with the transaction rules( I will defend myself by using the fantrax was confusing excuse)

Have to say I really like this league/format. Some growing pains but I think you're doing just fine.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God damn! You guys really splurged on Dalton and Mattison

I didn't even know Dalton was available, kinda glad I didn't get him bc I would have never bid $60 but Manster needed a QB. I was going to go lower on Mattison but the Cook timeline isn't certain and needed another option this week bc Carr is on a bye.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God damn! You guys really splurged on Dalton and Mattison

I didn't even know Dalton was available, kinda glad I didn't get him bc I would have never bid $60 but Manster needed a QB. I was going to go lower on Mattison but the Cook timeline isn't certain and needed another option this week bc Carr is on a bye.
Yep, i really needed a QB. I also did a little test. The system lets you put in multiple claims for a player. The only rule is the amount you bid has to be lower than the previous. Example bid #1 (60) #2 (55) #3 (50) and so on. I did this all the way down to biding 5. I was hoping it would take my lowest winning bid.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, i really needed a QB. I also did a little test. The system lets you put in multiple claims for a player. The only rule is the amount you bid has to be lower than the previous. Example bid #1 (60) #2 (55) #3 (50) and so on. I did this all the way down to biding 5. I was hoping it would take my lowest winning bid.
Hmm that is interesting. I would think it would take your first bid...

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm that is interesting. I would think it would take your first bid...
I did, but it mandates your 2nd, 3rd and more bids be lower each time. It's fully ridiculous to allow you to copy bids, if the others mean nothing. I'm good though because I was actually willing to bid higher just to secure Dalton. If I bid 50 and lost to a bid of 51 I'd have kicked myself.

Had it taken my lowest winning bid, I'm 99.9% sure I would have kept that info SECRET

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This non FCFS thing sucks. I'm working today and can't pick anyone up until noon. If we're busy, it is very possible that I won't be able to start the guy I pick up (if I even get him) because I can't get to a computer to put him in the lineup. So, not only do I waste bidding money, but I then have to hope to be able to pick up someone in tomorrow's limited games just to field a lineup. Not at all a fan.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This non FCFS thing sucks. I'm working today and can't pick anyone up until noon. If we're busy, it is very possible that I won't be able to start the guy I pick up (if I even get him) because I can't get to a computer to put him in the lineup. So, not only do I waste bidding money, but I then have to hope to be able to pick up someone in tomorrow's limited games just to field a lineup. Not at all a fan.
Better than Yahoo's system where anybody you pick up goes on the next day. But other then that one there is no system that I know of that is worse for football.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could there be a short window of FCFS where all players are available after the bid system opens up. At least then, if you miss out on a guy you must have to fill your Sunday roster, you have time to go option 2. I'd suggest a 3 hour window.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess another tie for this week

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could there be a short window of FCFS where all players are available after the bid system opens up. At least then, if you miss out on a guy you must have to fill your Sunday roster, you have time to go option 2. I'd suggest a 3 hour window.

we will have time next season to talk about the transaction system...

The reason i made it 12:00 was because of sunday games, i wanted to give everyone plenty of time to get there rosters good... But i think if we separate Waiver wire and Free agents we can be more flexible....

I am definitely a fan of the biding system over the rolling waiver wire... But the way we have it is certainly not the ideal way...

But again, we will talk about it before the start of next season... if you remember, the rules of this league was a little rushed...

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we will have time next season to talk about the transaction system...

The reason i made it 12:00 was because of sunday games, i wanted to give everyone plenty of time to get there rosters good... But i think if we separate Waiver wire and Free agents we can be more flexible....

I am definitely a fan of the biding system over the rolling waiver wire... But the way we have it is certainly not the ideal way...

But again, we will talk about it before the start of next season... if you remember, the rules of this league was a little rushed...
No problem, I'm just throwing out ideas, and were all playing by the same rules.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It ain't your fault. At least I'll know next time it's ok to reach for QBs
I’m in a superflex league with 14 teams and knew the value of QBs so I started with 3 QBs. Another guy drafted 6 QBs and then traded 3 of them. I just played a guy who had Stafford on his bye week and he couldn’t get a QB to plug in. It’s kinda crazy.