• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Super Bowl weather

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After that...

didnt-read.gif
godzilla-facepalm.jpg

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well my guess is the Broncos will be about as ready as they can be for the bad weather. They are practicing this week in under 10 degree weather in Denver.

grim rpr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
still the weather looks ok... each day the weather shows 35 degrees, low winds and 30% chance of snow, still early but looking ok so far

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
still the weather looks ok... each day the weather shows 35 degrees, low winds and 30% chance of snow, still early but looking ok so far

I think by the time the game comes around the Broncos will have spent 2 weeks practicing in worse weather than they will actually play in.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forecasts are all over the place right now. Some places calling for decent weather in the mid 30's, others dropping down into mid 20's. Some even calling for "wintry mix" during gametime.

HOF-ELWAY-7

Speed Kills
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The wintery mix won't be too much of a problem, it will be the wind and right now it's forecasted to be pretty light.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The wintery mix won't be too much of a problem, it will be the wind and right now it's forecasted to be pretty light.

Wintery mix would cause lots of problems for both teams. Ball and field would be really slippery coated with a layer of ice.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wintery mix would cause lots of problems for both teams. Ball and field would be really slippery coated with a layer of ice.

Pretty sure that is a heated field. It might be a tad slippery if precipitation is falling during game, but if not, the field conditions should be good.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure that is a heated field. It might be a tad slippery if precipitation is falling during game, but if not, the field conditions should be good.

That's what I was considering.... during the game. Before the game would just make traffic a bit messy, but they are prolly preparing for that possibility.

HOF-ELWAY-7

Speed Kills
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The forecasts I've seen says a light wintery mix. And yes they do have a heated field, the only way the field becomes slippery is if they have a lot of accumulating snow that the heaters can't stay ahead of. That isn't the forecast, at least not yet. Again the wind is the biggest issue, especially in that stadium and that looks ok for now.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The forecasts I've seen says a light wintery mix. And yes they do have a heated field, the only way the field becomes slippery is if they have a lot of accumulating snow that the heaters can't stay ahead of. That isn't the forecast, at least not yet. Again the wind is the biggest issue, especially in that stadium and that looks ok for now.

I keep hearing this, and that wind will really affect the pass-happy Broncos offense. I think that's a non-starter. The Broncos don't chuck the ball down the field every other play. Most of their passes don't travel through the air very far, and their receivers gain a lot of YACs. I think I saw that Manning's average pass travels 8 yards through the air, something like that. I'm not worried about the wind affecting the passing game. At all. I think it would affect the Seahawks passing game more so than ours, as a greater number of their throws (relative to their offense) are deeper throws.

HOF-ELWAY-7

Speed Kills
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep hearing this, and that wind will really affect the pass-happy Broncos offense. I think that's a non-starter.

Did you see the first half of the Patriots game in NE? The ball was going sideways even for Brady. Neither QB could throw the ball and that's the kind of wind I'm worried about. I think both QB's combined for like 130 total yards in the first half. It wasn't until the wind died down a bit in the second half that the game opened up. The Meadowlands are certainly capable of that kind of wind.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep hearing this, and that wind will really affect the pass-happy Broncos offense. I think that's a non-starter.

Did you see the first half of the Patriots game in NE? The ball was going sideways even for Brady. Neither QB could throw the ball and that's the kind of wind I'm worried about. I think both QB's combined for like 130 total yards in the first half. It wasn't until the wind died down a bit in the second half that the game opened up. The Meadowlands are certainly capable of that kind of wind.

If the wind is 20+ and gusting over 30+, it could cause problems. We would be limited, passes would have to be short and low, can't float any or try to arc them in over a defenders head. Deep ball is out of the question unless they have the wind at their back.

Every forecast I am looking at says winds 5-10 mph.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the wind is 20+ and gusting over 30+, it could cause problems. We would be limited, passes would have to be short and low, can't float any or try to arc them in over a defenders head. Deep ball is out of the question unless they have the wind at their back.

Perhaps so, but we still have a deep arsenal of screens and short passes that can still be effective. Our pass game is much more dynamic than Seattle's.

I haven't looked at any forecasts yet. I'm not too concerned about the weather, honestly. Whatever the conditions, both teams have to play in it, so whatever happens happens. The way the Broncos defense has been playing I am confident they can step up and be the difference maker in bad weather if that was what the team needed.

HOF-ELWAY-7

Speed Kills
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps so, but we still have a deep arsenal of screens and short passes that can still be effective. Our pass game is much more dynamic than Seattle's.

I haven't looked at any forecasts yet. I'm not too concerned about the weather, honestly. Whatever the conditions, both teams have to play in it, so whatever happens happens. The way the Broncos defense has been playing I am confident they can step up and be the difference maker in bad weather if that was what the team needed.

Very true. However it would be nice if the weather wasn't a factor in the passing game.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I expect we will run screens regardless of the weather. We have had a lot of success running the bubble screen.

grim rpr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do you guys see any reports of high winds or bad weather. ESPN keeps reporting pretty good weather for the game with low chance of snow and low winds