• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sunday Question - Back-up QB

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone expects the back up QB to be Drew Lock. Yet, Kevin (dead man walking) Hogan is starting the 1st pre-season game - and Rypien the other new QB from Boise - happens to excel just this kind of offense Scangarello is installing. While Rypien doesn't have an arm near like Lock's arm - he can throw the ball with more touch and a higher percentage of completion on short routes. I'd say there's a good chance Rypien would impress in the preseason as much as Lock.

Who is going to be the back up QB for the Broncos - is actually a tougher question than it looks? My feeling is if Fangio doesn't think Lock is ready to be back up QB- pressure from the front office isn't going to change his mind.

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we will see Flacco/Hogan/Lock on the roster with Rypien on the Practice Squad to start the season.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. I believe Hogan gets cut as Lock and Rypien have much higher upside. Remember what happened with Sloter? Elway wanted to slip him to the PS but lost out to the Vikings. I don’t think Elway risks it this year.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Elway really cared that we lost Sloter. He didn't appear that high on him.

I would guess we will keep a QB on the roster that has some experience as a backup. Lock may not start off as the #2 QB but probably ends up the season as #2 if not #1. ;)

But like Mingo said this is a harder question to answer then it would appear. Do we keep some experience on the roster if Flacco goes down or do we cut Hogan and keep Rypien on the PS? I don't think we can answer that right now, but we will have a good idea early in PS.