• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Summer League 2012

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited by a moderator:

rtiff68

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Regarding Rush, is that just your personal opinion, or did you read something somewhere?

Either way, I hope that you're wrong. I was really hoping we would have him back in the fold...

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regarding Rush, is that just your personal opinion, or did you read something somewhere?

Either way, I hope that you're wrong. I was really hoping we would have him back in the fold...

NBA: Los Angeles Lakers have interest in Warriors' Brandon Rush - San Jose Mercury News

HoopsHype - Brandon Rush Rumors

I only read that the Lakers had interest in him and Nick Young, and we all know that the Lakers get what (who) they want.

I also read that the Bulls have interest in him as well.

I hope that I'm wrong too. I would love to see him back leading the 2nd unit.

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
NBA: Los Angeles Lakers have interest in Warriors' Brandon Rush - San Jose Mercury News

HoopsHype - Brandon Rush Rumors

I only read that the Lakers had interest in him and Nick Young, and we all know that the Lakers get what (who) they want.

I also read that the Bulls have interest in him as well.

I hope that I'm wrong too. I would love to see him back leading the 2nd unit.

The Lakers only have about $3 mil to spend on FAs, so if Rush signs an offer sheet with the Lakers, the Warriors will match that before the ink is dry on the contract.

I won't worry about the Bulls unless they announce that they have used their amnesty provision on Carlos Boozer. The Bulls are over the cap and are pressing up against the luxury tax line, so they don't even have the full MLE to offer Rush. Anything that they give to him in an offer sheet, the Warriors could easily match.

The only way Rush gets away is if a team offer him more than the MLE. I don't see him getting an offer that big because he's not really a starter in the NBA and most teams will not give a guy like him starter's money to come off the bench. I am confident that he'll be back in Golden State.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers only have about $3 mil to spend on FAs, so if Rush signs an offer sheet with the Lakers, the Warriors will match that before the ink is dry on the contract.

I won't worry about the Bulls unless they announce that they have used their amnesty provision on Carlos Boozer. The Bulls are over the cap and are pressing up against the luxury tax line, so they don't even have the full MLE to offer Rush. Anything that they give to him in an offer sheet, the Warriors could easily match.

The only way Rush gets away is if a team offer him more than the MLE. I don't see him getting an offer that big because he's not really a starter in the NBA and most teams will not give a guy like him starter's money to come off the bench. I am confident that he'll be back in Golden State.

Cam,

Now that we got some cap room freed up makes everything easier. I noticed that your response came after that (how convenient). I posted my comment when we had very little space and no hope in getting any. It's been WAAAAYYYY more clear since yesterday. :rolleyes:

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Cam,

Now that we got some cap room freed up makes everything easier. I noticed that your response came after that (how convenient). I posted my comment when we had very little space and no hope in getting any. It's been WAAAAYYYY more clear since yesterday. :rolleyes:

Sorry. Didn't realize that. I have been on vacation for the past 10 days - well, not really vacation; I was visiting the wife's family - and the location was death for cell phone data. Since I had no laptop, I was blind since the beginning of the month. I was catching up on all the threads and really didn't notice the time stamps.

That said, even before the trade of Wright, the Dubs still had more room under the cap than the Lakers.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure it is only summer league but Barnes looks like a starter to me. He's gonna be gooood.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man his 3 point shot is smooth and falling.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. Thompson and Barnes are tossing in threes like layups.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really think that if Harrison keeps improving on putting the ball on the floor and driving, and getting a little bit stronger/bigger, he can be a top 3 or 4 SF in the league in a few years. Dude has all the talent in the world.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man Barnes has been awful offensively today.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barnes kind of salvaged it with a late three and spinning fadeaway jumper. The only time I would pass to him on a fast break is if he was parked behind the 3 point line or wide open to the basket. He was very poor trying to finish in traffic in the paint and his dribble and drive to the hoop was terrible. He showed good D and rebounding though. He stole the ball back several times.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barnes kind of salvaged it with a late three and spinning fadeaway jumper. The only time I would pass to him on a fast break is if he was parked behind the 3 point line or wide open to the basket. He was very poor trying to finish in traffic in the paint and his dribble and drive to the hoop was terrible. He showed good D and rebounding though. He stole the ball back several times.

When your game is primarily shooting and not putting the ball on the floor and driving you're gonna have off games more often. He just needs to continue to work on it. I think Mark Jackson told him to be aggressive regardless of what he sees in front of him.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone know why Tyler played 8 mins last game? I missed both games, then studied the box scores and all reviews. One thing I didn't see is why Tyler barely played. Is Green outplaying him the reason?

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone know why Tyler played 8 mins last game? I missed both games, then studied the box scores and all reviews. One thing I didn't see is why Tyler barely played. Is Green outplaying him the reason?

He got pulled because Faried was giving him the business. Tyler picked up 3 fouls in the blink of an eye. Ezeli did a much better job defensively against Faried. I'm really looking forward to Ezeli. I think he can play in the league right away off the bench as a defensive anchor.