• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sumlin to Arizona

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, this was a really good hire IMO. For all the shit he took by A&M fans, he had a greater winning % than what they have done historically, so you could say he overachieved there. Being in the same division as Bama dynasty and Auburn, is a tough ask. Hell even teams like Ole Miss and Miss St. had some of their best runs while he was at A&M.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So other than a Cotton Bowl win vs OU, what exactly did Sumlin do at A&M that was worth a sh1t?

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sumlin is a great coach and an even better person. Not the right coach for us but he will do well in the PAC 12.

I hear he is taking “No End Zone” Mazzone with him.
Great coach? He was run out of A&M for being a fail.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This ^^ ... the one and only honest post in this thread came from a PAC poster. The rest of you scrubs act like you don't follow college football.
And you act like the PAC didn’t go 1-8 in bowl games this year. The PAC isn’t some juggernaut.

Reactions: DJ

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you act like the PAC didn’t go 1-8 in bowl games this year. The PAC isn’t some juggernaut.
Who gives a shit. Sumlin didn't do jack shit at A&M other than the year Johnny Football won the Heisman.

btw what's the over/under on how many girls Mich St. players r@pe this offseason.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who gives a shit. Sumlin didn't do jack shit at A&M other than the year Johnny Football won the Heisman.

btw what's the over/under on how many girls Mich St. players r@pe this offseason.
How many Washington State players played in the Holiday bowl? We pushed our will on those bitches. But nice try to deflect from the fact that the PAC12 was on the street corner giving out that ass for free during the bowl season.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many Washington State players played in the Holiday bowl? We pushed our will on those bitches. But nice try to deflect from the fact that the PAC12 was on the street corner giving out that ass for free during the bowl season.
Petersen would have been kicked to the curb if he coached a bunch of r@ping animals like Dantonio did so you can cut the bs.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Petersen would have been kicked to the curb if he coached a bunch of r@ping animals like that scum pos Dantonio did so you can cut the bs.
How many are still on the team? Oh wait, all of them were suspended from the team immediately and all of them were kicked off the team as soon as charges were brought up. And no, Petersen wouldn’t have been fired because players did something that he has no idea about. Dantonio didn’t cover anything up, he took it to the authorities immediately after he heard about it and all three investigations stated that Dantonio did nothing wrong.

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great coach? He was run out of A&M for being a fail.
He was run out of A&M because his system doesn’t work in the sec. I bet he does well in the pac 12

Reactions: DJ

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was run out of A&M because his system doesn’t work in the sec. I bet he does well in the pac 12
It’s not like a system that didn’t work in another conference then goes to Arizona and works pretty well against PAC12 teams hasn’t happened before.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How stupid is ASU going to look in 3 years? Arizona just kicked them in the ****.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

His system was pretty good at A&M, he is only 1 year removed from having the #2 offense in the SEC. Dropped this year, but that was with 2 true freshmen and a questionable OL. I thought he did his best coaching job of his A&M career this year. His issue was with roster management and the defense. If anything he proves his offensive system can be viable in the SEC

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like certain fans in the northwest are nervous.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He was run out because he didn't win big.

He, personally, should have recruited more top defensive players. He just worried about
getting offensive players. His offensive system was fine, but you can't rely on just
out-scoring the top teams.

Even with that...he still won 68% of his games. Only Dana Bible and R.C. Slocum, compiled
better pct at AM. (Not including some guy in the 1900's).

I don't have an issue with AM having big expectations. They wanted to win a NC and felt that
he couldn't get them there. He had a better winning pct than Bear Bryant and Jackie Sherrill
and he didn't have to abuse Steers or Abuse his own players in doing it.

You gave him 7 years and he couldn't meet your expectations so you booted him. There's
nothing wrong with that.

He failed you defensively, not offensively.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

IDK about that. His system set every single offensive record in the 3 yds and a cloud of dust conference in his 1st year. Not really sure what happened after that season; I mean, Sherman left him Manziel, but he had every single 5 star QB and couldn't make it work after JF left. Even the only other relevant team in your conference is running HUNH, although Bama doesn't run it the entire game, but they make it work. If Aggy was in the East, they would have won that division a few times. Not going to happen in the West with bama there.

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK about that. His system set every single offensive record in the 3 yds and a cloud of dust conference in his 1st year. Not really sure what happened after that season; I mean, Sherman left him Manziel, but he had every single 5 star QB and couldn't make it work after JF left. Even the only other relevant team in your conference is running HUNH, although Bama doesn't run it the entire game, but they make it work. If Aggy was in the East, they would have won that division a few times. Not going to happen in the West with bama there.
Let me rephrase that then.
Passing behind the los on 3rd and Long
Shot gun snaps on 4th and inches
Shit like that that is inherrent in his system that drive the fan base crazy.
I’d hate to admit that you sips were right. When we were loaded with Sherman’s talent we lit the scoreboard up with Sumlins system. The last couple of years we were lucky not to be blown out. That being said. He’s a good coach and a really great guy. He’s a “players coach” and these kids need something different. They just aren’t physical enough for SECW.

Now he can do that at Arizona and get away with being 8-5 every year.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
comparing any teams hire to that of Arizona State is going to make that teams hire look better.

with that said, Sumlin wouldn't have lasted as long as he did at Texas AM if it weren't for Manziel being a star that one game vs Alabama.