• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Suicide leagues

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I want the Lions players to be big in fantasy, I think they have another year of building the D before they start upgrading the offense. So in my mind a bit of a homer pick.
No judgement here. I have to do some mental gymnastics to talk myself out of filling my team with Steelers players in every draft, at every pick lol. Happens enough to make me feel that way

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No judgement here. I have to do some mental gymnastics to talk myself out of filling my team with Steelers players in every draft, at every pick lol. Happens enough to make me feel that way
Why do you think I took Chubb at that spot? lol Although I do like him in non-PPR more. I get why he was ranked lower but had to pull the trigger. Couldn't control my desire.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you think I took Chubb at that spot? lol Although I do like him in non-PPR. I get why he was ranking lower but had to pull the trigger. Couldn't control my desire.
Preachin to the choir... NAJEEE SZN!!!! :D

But I'm sure getting snaked out of Chubb last year was subconsciously playing a part for you.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Preachin to the choir... NAJEEE SZN!!!! :D

But I'm sure getting snaked out of Chubb last year was subconsciously playing a part for you.
Yeah but yours was really the perfect spot. He is getting a huge workload, I don't care what the reports say lol. Always a risk with Chubb bc of how they have used him in the past and Kareem Hunt. I was always frustrated I would see entire drives without Chubb and also taking him out at GL even in running situations.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but yours was really the perfect spot. He is getting a huge workload, I don't care what the reports say lol. Always a risk with Chubb bc of how they have used him in the past and Kareem Hunt. I was always frustrated I would see entire drives without Chubb and also taking him out at GL even in running situations.
The age-old volume vs upside debate. Chubb certainly has the upside, but the system he's in doesn't necessarily favor his upside. Though the inner fanspeak we do to ourselves talks up the slight chance the system changes lol. Those "what ifs" control us in the offseason!

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,405.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The age-old volume vs upside debate. Chubb certainly has the upside, but the system he's in doesn't necessarily favor his upside. Though the inner fanspeak we do to ourselves talks up the slight chance the system changes lol. Those "what ifs" control us in the offseason!
do we even know what system yet? he needs watson so teams cant just stuff the run As a pats fan i feel your pain taking homer picks but at least chubb is talented:suds:

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@FaCe-LeE-uS @Shanemansj13

Your comments reminded me of a draft story from about 5 years ago.
In one redraft league with friends, one guy was drafting all Bears players. Keep in mind, they were halfway decent at the time. Think he had Matt Forte, Jonny Knox, Bears DST, Robbie Gould...

Surprisingly, his team was actually above .500 after about 7 games (so halfway thru the fantasy season. The bottom eventually fell out tho.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@FaCe-LeE-uS @Shanemansj13

Your comments reminded me of a draft story from about 5 years ago.
In one redraft league with friends, one guy was drafting all Bears players. Keep in mind, they were halfway decent at the time. Think he had Matt Forte, Jonny Knox, Bears DST, Robbie Gould...

Surprisingly, his team was actually above .500 after about 7 games (so halfway thru the fantasy season. The bottom eventually fell out tho.
I try to set my limit at 1-2 on homer picks. But during the season that usually grows to 3 after waivers. I try to resist, but sometimes it just happens lol

I think 1 year I ended up with 4... WR, TE, DEF & Kicker

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
am i the only one kind of down on Diggs??
Maybe but it's bc he had one of those great seasons in '20 but backed it up being top 7 again.We will see if Kupp does the same this year.

For standard leagues he was the WR3 in '20 and WR7 in '21. Bariko got him at WR7 in this draft. Does he drop again? Idk nothing suggests he does, he has a good connection with Allen. They added Crowder and have Davis, that isn't crazy competiton.