• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SU Football 2014

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offense sucked it up really bad. My take.....Without Ashton Broyld, the receivers can't stretch the field enough to keep other teams from stacking the box. SU has a decent run game. But the line still requires some help in keeping the secondary off the line of scrimmage.

Maryland showed no respect for SU's air game. Cause SU didn't have one.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aston Broyld is out for the Notre Dame game due to the dreaded lower body injury (LBI).

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey jonvi ... looks like we're 'enemies' today. Here's to a great game and 'good luck' to yall ... just not too much! LOL :suds:

GO IRISH!!!!

giphy.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey jonvi ... looks like we're 'enemies' today. Here's to a great game and 'good luck' to yall ... just not too much! LOL :suds:

GO IRISH!!!!

giphy.gif

Awe.....I didn't see this till today.

The Irish stuck it to the cuse last weekend. I'm sure there'll be other games in the future. Hopefully the Orange offense will show up next time.

Your boys looked good. They have a tough game next weekend so good luck there. :suds:

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awe.....I didn't see this till today.

The Irish stuck it to the cuse last weekend. I'm sure there'll be other games in the future. Hopefully the Orange offense will show up next time.

Your boys looked good. They have a tough game next weekend so good luck there. :suds:

Not so sure that we 'stuck it to ya' as our 'Heisman-discussed QB' kept playing like a GD freshman putting the ball on the ground it seemed like every time he deiced to tuck-n-run with it. Was driving me bat shit watching that crap! We dropped one in the polls to #9 after our 'mediocre' showing. lol

We play like that next week against our first 'true test of the season' against Stanford and we'll be 4-1. I will be in attendance at that game and they had better not lay an egg.

Good luck to the Orange the rest of the way, and I'm thinkin we'll see each other again as I just gotta believe ND is gonna have to join a conference, sooner rather than later and it only makes sense for it to be the ACC.

:suds:

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, well, well.

The SU offense is just stinking up the place. The loss of Ashton Broyld has been huge and IMO plays a role in the lack of production we see right now. But still....the O has some more than one issue.

I'm going to lay this on the OC and all the position coaches for the offense. They better get working or jonvi will be sending them packing at the end of the year.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Syracuse makes coaching staff adjustment

Interesting. The Syracuse Post Standard is not running this....so I'm not sure if I can trust it. But....it wouldn't hurt my feelings.

Breaking: Syracuse makes coaching staff adjustment

BREAKING: Per source, Syracuse head coach Scott Shafer has demoted offensive coordinator / associate head coach George McDonald. Moving forward, quarterbacks coach Tim Lester will call the plays.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting. The Syracuse Post Standard is not running this....so I'm not sure if I can trust it. But....it wouldn't hurt my feelings.

Breaking: Syracuse makes coaching staff adjustment

BREAKING: Per source, Syracuse head coach Scott Shafer has demoted offensive coordinator / associate head coach George McDonald. Moving forward, quarterbacks coach Tim Lester will call the plays.

The PS has put the piece up now....

Syracuse football's George McDonald demoted; Tim Lester named new offensive coordinator | syracuse.com

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SU going to a 2 QB System

Syracuse football: All signs point toward Austin Wilson, A.J. Long playing against Florida State | syracuse.com

Syracuse, N.Y. — Syracuse football's quarterback plan is starting to take shape now that we know Austin Wilson and A.J. Long will both play Saturday against No. 1 Florida State.

Though an official announcement has not been made, that is what sources — since supported by interviews with players and coaches — have indicated since Terrel Hunt's broken fibula placed his season in jeopardy.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough freakin' year!

There's the understatement of the year. :pound:

My thoughts....

1) Injuries have killed SU, especially on offense.

2) Recruiting is still weak which leads to no depth. Add in the injuries to the starters and what you have left is not DIII material.

3) A wicked schedule. Add in injuries and no depth leads to a bunch of losses.

Until SU starts getting a steady stream of 4 star recruits.....playing in the ACC will be a tough road.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ouch!

Nov.6

Scott Shafer announces that quarterback AJ Long will be listed as "very doubtful" for Syracuse's upcoming game against Duke due to a nerve issue in his throwing arm.

Three key additions to the injury list who are out of the Duke game are linebacker Marqez Hodge, guard Nick Robinson and tackle Michael Lasker.

Out for season

WR Keenan Hale (lower body)
S Rodney Williams (lower body)

Out for Duke Game

LB Luke Arciniega (lower body)
WR Ashton Broyld (lower body)
WR Brisly Estime (lower body)
RT Ivan Foy (lower body)
WR Troy Green (lower body)
LB Marqez Hodge (lower body)
QB Terrel Hunt (lower body)
OL Michael Lasker (lower body)