• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

STUPID RG3 COMMENTS

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like RG3 and think he is extremely dynamic. I also believe he can throw the ball well when his mechanics are proper.

I have also mentioned that he is smart.

Now with all that said, can anybody defend his recent comments on refusing to slide or about trying to draw personal fouls as he's going out of bounds?

1) I repeatedly stated that he will learn from the injuries sustained last season to protect himself. Now he's proving me a liar.

2) I love the idea of drawing personal fouls but why say anything about it?

F'n idiot.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im very wary of how public his thoughts are. There is already some small hints that not all his teamates agree with his approach to his rehab and to his openness to speak with the media.

He needs to learn to have a filter, for his own good.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im very wary of how public his thoughts are. There is already some small hints that not all his teamates agree with his approach to his rehab and to his openness to speak with the media.

He needs to learn to have a filter, for his own good.

I agree with both of you however, it doesn't help that he immediately became the BEST player on the team once drafted. Kind of opens your eyes a bit regarding our talent pool as our roster is currently constructed. I'm not saying this should allow him to make these comments "out loud" or that he should be publicly speaking about it out loud either. I'm starting to think that he now understands his team is not very good and in order for the team to have more success, he has to employ this kind of tactic to keep the chains moving at times. Maybe so however, why talk about it or even risk further injury? Shaking my head now because we all know the guy is smart but this borders on stupidity.

Just shaking my head right now because last year, I have said ALL of our success was because of RG3 and his ability and I still feel that way. We won 7 games in a row to make the playoff's and win the NFC East crown. Went to the playoff's etc and imo, ALL because of Griffin. Now this...Will the 'old RG3 please return to lead our team!!!

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with both of you however, it doesn't help that he immediately became the BEST player on the team once drafted. Kind of opens your eyes a bit regarding our talent pool as our roster is currently constructed. I'm not saying this should allow him to make these comments "out loud" or that he should be publicly speaking about it out loud either. I'm starting to think that he now understands his team is not very good and in order for the team to have more success, he has to employ this kind of tactic to keep the chains moving at times. Maybe so however, why talk about it or even risk further injury? Shaking my head now because we all know the guy is smart but this borders on stupidity.

Just shaking my head right now because last year, I have said ALL of our success was because of RG3 and his ability and I still feel that way. We won 7 games in a row to make the playoff's and win the NFC East crown. Went to the playoff's etc and imo, ALL because of Griffin. Now this...Will the 'old RG3 please return to lead our team!!!

Don't think that will happen this year...... and for the reasons you named.
When a rookie is your best player you really have to look at your team.

I think it's safe to say last year was a battle of who sucked the least in the NFC East. And this year is nothing but more of the same.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a stupid comment from a 22 year old. WE have to remember this. Imagine all the stupid comments you made at this age. He is talented, he is smart, but at the end of the day, he is still just a kid. He needs a mentor or advisor to help him with things like this, but its tough when you come onto a team as a rookie and you are the go to guy. I'd like to see Santana or London try and give him a bit of advice for the future. Maybe this is what McNabb was trying to tell him, although his motives had to be questioned

We've also seen Harper and Ovechkin do the similar things. He will learn.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to disagree a little guys. By making the comment that he will try and draw those penalties he does two things.

One he throws it out there to make defensive players a little more hesitant to try and take those shots knowing that he might be trying to bait them.

Two he does what Harbaugh did by making a fuss over the rules on hitting the option QBs and when its legal.

You get the refs attention and they start looking for guys trying to take advantage and intentionally hurt players. Notice there has been a slight rise in the unnecessary roughness flags flying when it comes to the QBs this season?

Yea he is a little hot headed and arrogant at times. But in this case, I think he was some what measured actually in what he said. Notice he has exposed himself to a degree on the sidelines, but does everything to makesure his LEGS are not the target of these late hits.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know Shark. It seems to me that if anything, the refs might now give the defender the benefit of the doubt as RG3 has admitted to baiting them. Also, it smacks of showing up your defender. Just can't see any positives out of the comment, but I really don't put much stock in them, either.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Young Player just speaking his mind when maybe he should just go about his business an work on improving his game.

A double edged sword unsheathed will almost always end up cutting the holder if not used with careful intent and a singular purpose of mind.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Young Player just speaking his mind when maybe he should just go about his business an work on improving his game.

A double edged sword unsheathed will almost always end up cutting the holder if not used with careful intent and a singular purpose of mind.

Well said. Youth happens. And we all have spoken when we wish we hadn't. The important thing is to learn from it and push forward.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to disagree a little guys. By making the comment that he will try and draw those penalties he does two things.

One he throws it out there to make defensive players a little more hesitant to try and take those shots knowing that he might be trying to bait them.

Two he does what Harbaugh did by making a fuss over the rules on hitting the option QBs and when its legal.

You get the refs attention and they start looking for guys trying to take advantage and intentionally hurt players. Notice there has been a slight rise in the unnecessary roughness flags flying when it comes to the QBs this season?

Yea he is a little hot headed and arrogant at times. But in this case, I think he was some what measured actually in what he said. Notice he has exposed himself to a degree on the sidelines, but does everything to makesure his LEGS are not the target of these late hits.

That may have been his intention and you make good points as to WHY he might have said it, but it was STILL better left unsaid. It doesn't look good to make statements like that.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with both of you however, it doesn't help that he immediately became the BEST player on the team once drafted. Kind of opens your eyes a bit regarding our talent pool as our roster is currently constructed.

I disagree that ALL of our success last year was because of Griff and only Griff. This is a team sport. We have decent talent elsewhere. Not super star talent everywhere, but definitely enough to be competitive.

Our success came from using Griffs skill set smartly, accounting for his inexperience as a NFL passer with an offensive scheme that played to his strengths AND to our teams strength. As we work on transitioning his passing skills, we have done a poor job setting our team up for success, partly because of how our oline is built, partly because of talent and meshing/rhthym, partly because of fails from STs and the Defense and partly because we require the threat of a run from a QB that is returning from a major knee injury. It has made us one dimensional on offense and easy to contain.

All this has been too much to overcome at this point in the season. I fully expect things to improve. And, if it doesn't, scrutiny of all aspects of this year, coaching and talent, will and must happen.

Last edited by a moderator:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
stating it out loud could open things up as well . young kids do impulsive things . we all did it

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kid talks too much. He had great success last year and this year is ranked in the bottom third of QB ratings. A lot may be due to injury, a lot may be due to the fact that defenses no better how to defend him more. Certainly the ads have died down quite a bit. We'll just have to wait and see how this season progresses and see what happens next year. I wouldn't be in a hurry to trade Cousins.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whether he's trying to draw penalties or not, it's obvious if it's a penalty or not.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to chime in, if I may. RGIII has gotten a little full of himself. After every loss, he say's the same thing. "We need to get better. You want to blame someone, blame me." It's not a'll about him, though. The very first game of the season, they showed him trying to get his team pumped up for the game. The one thing that stood out to me was, he kept saying, "this isn't about one man." Really? Nobody on your team thinks it's all about you. Alfred Morris doesn't, does he? I am not trolling but wanted to see if any of you see that or is it my imagination? I have no reason to dislike the kid and I enjoy watching him play.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to chime in, if I may. RGIII has gotten a little full of himself. After every loss, he say's the same thing. "We need to get better. You want to blame someone, blame me." It's not a'll about him, though. The very first game of the season, they showed him trying to get his team pumped up for the game. The one thing that stood out to me was, he kept saying, "this isn't about one man." Really? Nobody on your team thinks it's all about you. Alfred Morris doesn't, does he? I am not trolling but wanted to see if any of you see that or is it my imagination? I have no reason to dislike the kid and I enjoy watching him play.

This is what a leader is supposed to do.

Going into week 1, it was about him in the media. He has to let the team know it's not and that he doesn't buy that.

After a loss, a leader always should stand up and say this loss is on me. You never finger point to anybody other than yourself.