• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Strategy question

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will the Warriors double Lebron ? Seriously though, so far in this entire series it's all one on one coverage and Lebron is absolutely killing them.... Kerr was saying he doesn't want to free up outside shooters with the double team, I get that, but at some point you have to make that adjustment .... I think Kerr playing with Mike understands what a huge impact double teams are for an offense since he was the beneficiary of Mike getting double a lot.... At some point though you have too adjust....

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have only doubled a handful of times. It seems like everytime they try to double when Lebron is posting they go back to their man, it's like they fake the double. I have no clue what Kerr has up his sleeve, but he said when the series started he wasnt going to double, so we will see.

You would think with this depleted roster you would want the other players to beat you.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have only doubled a handful of times. It seems like everytime they try to double when Lebron is posting they go back to their man, it's like they fake the double. I have no clue what Kerr has up his sleeve, but he said when the series started he wasnt going to double, so we will see.

You would think with this depleted roster you would want the other players to beat you.

Exactly... But Lebron is really good at finding open guy's ... Maybe that's Kerr's fear ... But like you said, force other guy's too beat you ... Gonna be interesting too see if they try something different....

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems to me teams should switch it up throughout the game.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chicago got burnt a few times.

And it was ATL's gameplan and look what happened.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't. Defensively Golden State is fine. They did what I'd thought they do to Cleveland and its pretty much worked exactly how you want minus not be able to get as many rebounds as you would like to see of Lebron's misses. The problem is GS is a mess on offense (specifically Green and Barnes). If they can figure that part out, no one would really be saying "do we need to double Lebron?".

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly... But Lebron is really good at finding open guy's ... Maybe that's Kerr's fear ... But like you said, force other guy's too beat you ... Gonna be interesting too see if they try something different....

I think he honestly he is having flashbacks of Jordan passing to him for the dagger lol, like seriously. He is scared to double, but he basically told Lebron to beat us yourself and he has done a good job so far.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't. Defensively Golden State is fine. They did what I'd thought they do to Cleveland and its pretty much worked exactly how you want minus not be able to get as many rebounds as you would like to see of Lebron's misses. The problem is GS is a mess on offense (specifically Green and Barnes). If they can figure that part out, no one would really be saying "do we need to double Lebron?".

They get down 3-1 they'll be saying that.... Nothing wrong with showing a few different looks on D ....

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he honestly he is having flashbacks of Jordan passing to him for the dagger lol, like seriously. He is scared to double, but he basically told Lebron to beat us yourself and he has done a good job so far.

He's done a helluva job ... for sure ...

shabazz916

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is the game where jr smith goes off and lebron shoots well and delly does something dirty

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They get down 3-1 they'll be saying that.... Nothing wrong with showing a few different looks on D ....

Looks are different from gameplans. They show him double looks occasionally. But what I thought you're talking about requires changing your entire defensive gameplan. That's a tall order, especially since their gameplan so far has gone how they thought it would

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well they doubled and it paid off. I imagine he keeps going to it, we'll see if guys can hit open shots and Lebron can change up his gameplan to successfully beat the double team.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd do it. He's the Cav's best option, spend as much attention to him as possible.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I am game planning for Lebron I throw in doubles periodically. I would mix it up more with man defense and some pseudo zones. Doubles worked better on Jordan because Jordan was always looking to score. Lebron is always playing floor general, so when you double him he will find the open guy. It basically comes down to would you rather put your best defender on Lebron and force him into a tough shot or let him hit an NBA calibre three point shooter for an open 3 ball. I choose the former. If I did double it would be with the intention of later showing a double to Lebron and then having the helper collapse to his man before Lebron initiates the play.

There really isn't a good way to defend Lebron. At least with the current Cavs squad they can let Lebron get his and shut down everyone else.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I am game planning for Lebron I throw in doubles periodically. I would mix it up more with man defense and some pseudo zones. Doubles worked better on Jordan because Jordan was always looking to score. Lebron is always playing floor general, so when you double him he will find the open guy. It basically comes down to would you rather put your best defender on Lebron and force him into a tough shot or let him hit an NBA calibre three point shooter for an open 3 ball. I choose the former. If I did double it would be with the intention of later showing a double to Lebron and then having the helper collapse to his man before Lebron initiates the play.

There really isn't a good way to defend Lebron. At least with the current Cavs squad they can let Lebron get his and shut down everyone else.

This.

Also with NBA allowing zone defenses, you can shade a big man or secondary defender without committing to a full on our double team. This is what the Warriors did against the Grizzlies.

Doubling Lebron should be more about showing him different looks than just for effectiveness. Lebron is such a phenomenal passer, that there's multiple ways he can hurt you at any given time. What you want for your defense is to make him work, both physically and mentally.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's basically what they've been doing. They threw in a few extras than they did in the previous game but not as much as the eastern teams did. Maybe they found the right balance. The main difference last night though was they kept Iggy on him pretty much all game instead of rotating defenders on him. He's just consistently their best defender for him

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's basically what they've been doing. They threw in a few extras than they did in the previous game but not as much as the eastern teams did. Maybe they found the right balance. The main difference last night though was they kept Iggy on him pretty much all game instead of rotating defenders on him. He's just consistently their best defender for him
I told a bunch of my friends that GS needs to start iggy if they want to win. I was thinking more in terms of him replacing Barnes, but I guess going small was a better option.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I told a bunch of my friends that GS needs to start iggy if they want to win. I was thinking more in terms of him replacing Barnes, but I guess going small was a better option.

For now at least. The rebounding advantage Cleveland gets concerns me because if they can convert those 2nd chances, its a totally different ball game. But last night they didn't. It's a gamble worth taking. GS had to do something

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For now at least. The rebounding advantage Cleveland gets concerns me because if they can convert those 2nd chances, its a totally different ball game. But last night they didn't. It's a gamble worth taking. GS had to do something
Yeah, the rebounding advantage Cleveland gained kinda stunk, but I think Thompson would've gone crazy on the offensive glass either way. Going small gives GS an advantage defending Lebron and also in transition.