• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Strasburg injured his arm...

The Iron Horse

Smartass
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and something tells me, this will be a recurring theme in his career. His mechanics are just too flawed. I wonder why no one has tried to change them. His front foot lands awkwardly, his front elbow goes so far above his shoulder, his hip are twisted. I think arm trouble is just the first of his troubles.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geez. Gotta admit. I unfortunately along with most baseball fans saw the writing on the wall herre...

Lord Scalious

Shut up World
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and something tells me, this will be a recurring theme in his career. His mechanics are just too flawed. I wonder why no one has tried to change them. His front foot lands awkwardly, his front elbow goes so far above his shoulder, his hip are twisted. I think arm trouble is just the first of his troubles.

No one wanted to change it...because Pitching coaches are afraid if they change his mechanics, he wont be as effective. So no wants to be the one that "ruined Straus" even if he Mechanics likely will shorten his career.

Sad but true when it comes to guys that are pitching Talents like him...

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one wanted to change it...because Pitching coaches are afraid if they change his mechanics, he wont be as effective. So no wants to be the one that "ruined Straus" even if he Mechanics likely will shorten his career.

Pretty much covers it. Jered Weaver is another good example with his cross body delivery. Everyone knows that delivery is a disaster waiting to happen. We started to see that with his back problems last year, and I don't expect that to change going forward.

The Iron Horse

Smartass
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For all the talk about Tim Lincecum's delivery, it is actually a great one. Now, his frame is too small to maintain high velocity, but it did get results. As for the cleanest delivery, I love Mariano's. It is so simple and everything just flows.

The Iron Horse

Smartass
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geez. Gotta admit. I unfortunately along with most baseball fans saw the writing on the wall herre...

last year when the Nats shut him down, I had mix feelings about it. On one hand, I was glad they were thinking of his future, and trying to prolong his career. On the other, I thought, why not just go for it, you are only delaying the inevitable, so why not go for it.

The Iron Horse

Smartass
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yeah, I see that. Too bad, I rather he would lose some speed on his four seamer, and just go with a 94 fast ball. That speed will still get you plenty of Ks unless is flat.