• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stockpiling Goalies

JustAsking

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
2012 Draft
3rd (83) Matt Murray 6'4''
4th (113) Sean Maguire 6'2''

2013 FA pickup
Eric Hartzell (RFA) 6'4''

2013 Draft
2nd (44) Tristan Jarry 6'1''

JustAsking

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
An article on penguins.nhl.com has been written discussing the goaltending prospects in PGH. Some view them as long shots to reach the NHL, but the Penguins have invested a 2nd,3rd,4th rd picks. Not all of them have to work out. Pens continue to build their team from the back out. Sid and Geno make that possible.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, don't forget Brad Thiessen & Jeff Zatkoff. I will always be a MAF fan but I think his days are numbered with the team.

mtm166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm off the MAF train for good....He's dead to me

JustAsking

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yup, don't forget Brad Thiessen & Jeff Zatkoff. I will always be a MAF fan but I think his days are numbered with the team.

I don't think they will resign Thiessen... Hartzell (Assuming he agrees to the qualifying offer) will become part 2 of tandem in the AHL, his first pro season... Zatkoff will probably be the first call-up if Vokoun or MAF get injured.

JustAsking

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
MAF, you have to give him another chance with a new goaltending coach... he's only had one since being with the Pens... he just needs to perform well in the playoffs... this will be his last opportunity with the Pens to prove himself, again.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm off the MAF train for good....He's dead to me

MAF will never be dead to me, I'll always appreciate what he's done for us, but he's lost his status as one of our core players as far as I'm concerned.

I don't think they will resign Thiessen... Hartzell (Assuming he agrees to the qualifying offer) will become part 2 of tandem in the AHL, his first pro season... Zatkoff will probably be the first call-up if Vokoun or MAF get injured.

That's unfortunate, I would rather keep Thiessen he proved to be the better goalie this season.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what about tim Thomas to the penguins to back up MAF I know they have vokoun but Thomas would have a good shot at another Stanley cup with the penguins.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what about tim Thomas to the penguins to back up MAF I know they have vokoun but Thomas would have a good shot at another Stanley cup with the penguins.

I think we're going to stick with the MAF/TV duo this year, really what we need is a goalie 2 years down the line, IDK if TT is that guy.

fear-the-penguin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im hoping one of the new young guys turn out to be real good. After the last couple years I will never feel safe with MAF between the pipes during the playoffs.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im hoping one of the new young guys turn out to be real good. After the last couple years I will never feel safe with MAF between the pipes during the playoffs.

Hey man, nice seeing you on here. I will always be a fan of MAF, but like you said he doesn't exactly instil confidence anymore. We gotta give him another shot tho, give him a chance to redeem himself, maybe we get rewarded for our loyalty and MAF goes back to being the MAF we saw in 2008 & 2009. We'll see how it goes, I don't think goaltending is what cost us the Bruins series tho, I think it was the fact we don't have physical forwards who could setup in front of the other team's goalie and create ugly goals.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey man, nice seeing you on here. I will always be a fan of MAF, but like you said he doesn't exactly instil confidence anymore. We gotta give him another shot tho, give him a chance to redeem himself, maybe we get rewarded for our loyalty and MAF goes back to being the MAF we saw in 2008 & 2009. We'll see how it goes, I don't think goaltending is what cost us the Bruins series tho, I think it was the fact we don't have physical forwards who could setup in front of the other team's goalie and create ugly goals.

First off welcome both of you here! Great to see more Pen's posters.

Anyway I agree Goaltending was not the issue in Boston they got beat physically and when they tried to play Bostons game they failed and never stuck to their own game.

With the Goalies since they aren't buying out MAF he is the guy no matter what for 2 years so lets hope a new Coach can do something with him. MAF never relied on technique as much as his speed and ability I hope a new Coach can get him to focus more as a goaltender.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2012 Draft
3rd (83) Matt Murray 6'4''
4th (113) Sean Maguire 6'2''

2013 FA pickup
Eric Hartzell (RFA) 6'4''

2013 Draft
2nd (44) Tristan Jarry 6'1''

Looking at some rankings Murray is considered the top and then Hartzell.
I like Hartzell because he is technically sound and what hurt Murray last year is Jack Campbell took a lot of his playing time away. This year he got to focus more as the starter lets hope that wasn't a year lost of development.

BTW....Remember this guy: Alexandre Pechurskiy? Fell off the face of the earth and is barely cracking the KHL now.

JustAsking

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Pens goaltending situation is fine for next year.... I just hope the prospects know the situation, that in 2 yrs they could have a real good shot of back stopping a team full of talent, and they work extremely hard to get themselves here... Pens don't need all 4 prospects to work out, just one. I would hate for the Pens to have to looking in a FA market... Rask will set the bar and soon King Henry will be the highest paid player in the league... a quality goaltender will cost a lot of money on the open market.

JustAsking

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Looking at some rankings Murray is considered the top and then Hartzell.
I like Hartzell because he is technically sound and what hurt Murray last year is Jack Campbell took a lot of his playing time away. This year he got to focus more as the starter lets hope that wasn't a year lost of development.

BTW....Remember this guy: Alexandre Pechurskiy? Fell off the face of the earth and is barely cracking the KHL now.

I am very intrigue by Maguire... will watch BU this year to see how he progresses.

Perchurskiy... this is Shero's team, not too many non NAs going to make this squad (half series half joking)

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am very intrigue by Maguire... will watch BU this year to see how he progresses.

Perchurskiy... this is Shero's team, not too many non NAs going to make this squad (half series half joking)

Yeah that was a joke about that guy don't even think he is in the system anymore. I can't believe it has been 4 seasons since he played that game. Anyway he played too much like MAF and didn't have the raw talent to back it up. Hence why I like more technical goalies because like any other position you do get old and slower so without the proper technique you won't last long.

Anyway I am not too familiar with Maguire keep us posted on what you see. From what I read he is very athletic.