• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stock Report:

negativeCreep

Odd Man Out
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OXNARD, Calif. -- After two weeks of training camp practices we have another version of our Stock Report.

Stock Up

Terrance Williams. The rookie wide receiver won't play in Sunday's preseason opener against the Miami Dolphins because of a concussion but he's improved his route running and making catches in traffic. The mental mistakes are still slowing him down, but he's No. 3 on the depth chart and gets off the jam while running from the slot. Tony Romo is also trusting more in the offense.

Dez Bryant. Enough can't be said about Bryant. He did miss four days of practice with a sore hip and quad. When Bryant returned he made a tough end zone catch against tight coverage from Brandon Carr in a one-on-one drill. Bryant continues to run solid routes from different parts of the line of scrimmage and is catching all sorts of balls. He did have one drop, but you give him a pass because he's been so good.

J.J. Wilcox. He's the personal protector on the punt unit, the only rookie on the special teams and he's making plays on the ball at safety. Against the run, Wilcox continues to display toughness and isn't afraid of contact. When receivers and tight ends run around after catching a pass, Wilcox is bringing them down.

Ernie Sims. It's easy to forget about one of the top backup players on the Cowboys. Sims can move into a starting role if necessary and play the weak side linebacker spot if needed. Sims has been physical and is playing with a quiet confidence.

George Selvie. Stephen Jones said it's hard for players to come off the street and make an impact. Well here's Selvie getting snaps with the first-team at defensive end and getting at least three sacks over a 48-hour period. Selvie has to play well in the preseason to make a case for the 53-man roster and there's a chance he just might.

Stock Down

Eric Rogers. We praised Rogers' spark after a week of camp, but he's slipped. He's been chastised for some mental mistakes and is still learning how to run routes. Rogers has great hands, but his lack of speed and the mental mistakes are hurting him.

Kevin Kowalski. It's not that he's playing badly, because he's not, it's just that his knee surgery is putting him behind for one of the backup guard spots. If the Cowboys don't start Mackenzy Bernadeau at right guard, David Arkin and Kowalski were competing for the first-team. With Kowalski out and Bernadeau returning from injury, Kowalski is getting behind.

Gavin Escobar. When James Hanna was out with a hamstring injury it was time for the second-round pick from San Diego State to emerge. Well he didn't. Escobar hasn't made any standout plays in the time Hanna was out and he's still struggling with his blocking. Maybe Escobar will get better after he plays against the Dolphins on Sunday.

Nate Livings. The left guard is out for nearly a month recovering from knee surgery, however, in the handful of practices he was on the field, he struggled. Yes, he was rusty, as Jason Garrett pointed out, but Ronald Leary moved up the depth chart shared snaps with him on the first-team.

Kyle Wilber. He moved into the starting lineup at defensive end as Anthony Spencer recovered from knee surgery. Wilber lost the gig to Ben Bass and is on the second-team. Asking Wilber to move from outside linebacker to defensive end might have been to much

Thoughts? Hate to say it this early (again) but what a wasted second pick.. Nobody else really surprised me. I was expecting Wilcox to play well, with the main thing (for me) being he is making the open field tackle. -- Kinda sucks we won't get to see Williams tonight, but apparently he's doing well and they're just being cautious (which is the right move) if Romo really does like the guy, he'll be a household name by next year.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OXNARD, Calif. -- After two weeks of training camp practices we have another version of our Stock Report.

Stock Up

Terrance Williams. The rookie wide receiver won't play in Sunday's preseason opener against the Miami Dolphins because of a concussion but he's improved his route running and making catches in traffic. The mental mistakes are still slowing him down, but he's No. 3 on the depth chart and gets off the jam while running from the slot. Tony Romo is also trusting more in the offense.

Dez Bryant. Enough can't be said about Bryant. He did miss four days of practice with a sore hip and quad. When Bryant returned he made a tough end zone catch against tight coverage from Brandon Carr in a one-on-one drill. Bryant continues to run solid routes from different parts of the line of scrimmage and is catching all sorts of balls. He did have one drop, but you give him a pass because he's been so good.

J.J. Wilcox. He's the personal protector on the punt unit, the only rookie on the special teams and he's making plays on the ball at safety. Against the run, Wilcox continues to display toughness and isn't afraid of contact. When receivers and tight ends run around after catching a pass, Wilcox is bringing them down.

Ernie Sims. It's easy to forget about one of the top backup players on the Cowboys. Sims can move into a starting role if necessary and play the weak side linebacker spot if needed. Sims has been physical and is playing with a quiet confidence.

George Selvie. Stephen Jones said it's hard for players to come off the street and make an impact. Well here's Selvie getting snaps with the first-team at defensive end and getting at least three sacks over a 48-hour period. Selvie has to play well in the preseason to make a case for the 53-man roster and there's a chance he just might.

Stock Down

Eric Rogers. We praised Rogers' spark after a week of camp, but he's slipped. He's been chastised for some mental mistakes and is still learning how to run routes. Rogers has great hands, but his lack of speed and the mental mistakes are hurting him.

Kevin Kowalski. It's not that he's playing badly, because he's not, it's just that his knee surgery is putting him behind for one of the backup guard spots. If the Cowboys don't start Mackenzy Bernadeau at right guard, David Arkin and Kowalski were competing for the first-team. With Kowalski out and Bernadeau returning from injury, Kowalski is getting behind.

Gavin Escobar. When James Hanna was out with a hamstring injury it was time for the second-round pick from San Diego State to emerge. Well he didn't. Escobar hasn't made any standout plays in the time Hanna was out and he's still struggling with his blocking. Maybe Escobar will get better after he plays against the Dolphins on Sunday.

Nate Livings. The left guard is out for nearly a month recovering from knee surgery, however, in the handful of practices he was on the field, he struggled. Yes, he was rusty, as Jason Garrett pointed out, but Ronald Leary moved up the depth chart shared snaps with him on the first-team.

Kyle Wilber. He moved into the starting lineup at defensive end as Anthony Spencer recovered from knee surgery. Wilber lost the gig to Ben Bass and is on the second-team. Asking Wilber to move from outside linebacker to defensive end might have been to much

Thoughts? Hate to say it this early (again) but what a wasted second pick.. Nobody else really surprised me. I was expecting Wilcox to play well, with the main thing (for me) being he is making the open field tackle. -- Kinda sucks we won't get to see Williams tonight, but apparently he's doing well and they're just being cautious (which is the right move) if Romo really does like the guy, he'll be a household name by next year.

It is way too early to consider any player from this draft class a bust or even a stud for that matter. Now whether it was a wise pick can be discussed all day long, I for one prefer anyone over 300+lbs with that pick :nod:

negativeCreep

Odd Man Out
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is way too early to consider any player from this draft class a bust or even a stud for that matter. Now whether it was a wise pick can be discussed all day long, I for one prefer anyone over 300+lbs with that pick :nod:

C'mon Snook, I never said he was a bust. But I will go ahead and say it now. This team did not need a fucking tight end in the second round. Especially one that doesn't impress. They've been drafting early tight ends or like 4 years now and I'm just flat out tired of the bullshit. We've got (if not the best) one of the top three TE's in the league and he ain't going anywhere. It was a bullshit pick by a bullshit man. Fuck Gavin Escobar, I don't care that he IS a Cowboy.

I'm with ya on the 300+. Should have been. This years linemen class was too deep to pass on.

Eriko212121

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Escobar pick is looking shakier by the minute. Not a need position and this kid looks nowhere near ready to contribute. Maybe after Jerry got the idea to switch to the Tampa and have Romo imitate Manning, he decided to try and copy the TE scheme New England had.