• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

STL Stands Pat While Pitt Improves...

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marlon Byrd, John Buck, and now Justin Morneau. It seems that the Pirates are making moves to make that big run. StL gets Axford, who isn't a bad choice, but we have all noticed the past 2-3 weeks that the problem isn't the Bull Pen anymore, it's starters and SS.

A couple years ago it WAS the Pen. Starts would leave with a lead and the Pen would throw that lead away. Now the Pen's job is to make sure that the 3-5 run deficit doesn't get any worse. That along with a SS position that hasn't done anything productive in a while. Descalso has been usable there, but Kozma is horrible offensive-wise.

I am probably in that group that, when the Cardinals are in a race, I want them to succeed every time. I don't know who is available to obtain, or what other teams want. I know Haren is/was available but Washington wanted too much.

Just venting here. I know STL will make the play-offs, but not sure they are set up for a deep run. Kelly is on the mound today and he is the guy, surprisingly, that I have the most confidence in.

GO CARDS ! ! ! !:hope:

Xerac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marlon Byrd, John Buck, and now Justin Morneau. It seems that the Pirates are making moves to make that big run. StL gets Axford, who isn't a bad choice, but we have all noticed the past 2-3 weeks that the problem isn't the Bull Pen anymore, it's starters and SS.

A couple years ago it WAS the Pen. Starts would leave with a lead and the Pen would throw that lead away. Now the Pen's job is to make sure that the 3-5 run deficit doesn't get any worse. That along with a SS position that hasn't done anything productive in a while. Descalso has been usable there, but Kozma is horrible offensive-wise.

I am probably in that group that, when the Cardinals are in a race, I want them to succeed every time. I don't know who is available to obtain, or what other teams want. I know Haren is/was available but Washington wanted too much.

Just venting here. I know STL will make the play-offs, but not sure they are set up for a deep run. Kelly is on the mound today and he is the guy, surprisingly, that I have the most confidence in.

GO CARDS ! ! ! !:hope:

This is my first post on this forum. I understand where you're coming from but what the Cardinals needed to improve in, starting pitching and SS, was not available. Still, if Wainwright regains his form, Kelly continues to be very effective, Wacha proves to be for real and Miller can be just as good on the road as he is at home, then the starting pitching will be fine. If Craig can come back for the playoffs then the Cards will fine in the everyday player department. The Cards are stabilized in the bullpen.

While the Pirates looked like they significantly improved, it didn't help them in their latest series against the Cards and the Cards seem to be doing fine.