• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Still a Weakness

Still a weakness or concern?

• Total voters

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well besides the Colts winning a Super Bowl with last ranked rush defense.
And more recently the 2013 Denver Broncos with the 22nd ranked scoring defense.

Now -- all the Lions have to do is trade for Peyton Manning and he can continue his trend of carrying defenses that struggle to the Super Bowl

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now -- all the Lions have to do is trade for Peyton Manning and he can continue his trend of carrying defenses that struggle to the Super Bowl

Yup. But some guys rely on stats to make the Kool-Aid sweeter.

40+ plus years in life and still counting, Our DBs and CBs still stink.....But I'm sure theres one or two that think we have Richard Sherman on this roster.

We don't even have Trufant or Browner on our roster and Seattle was more then happy to rid themselves of those guys.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought we have a elite QB

If we are talking about Fantasy Football -- I'd say Stafford could be considered 'elite'. If we are talking about a QB that is going to make the players around him better and put a team on his back when needed -- Stafford is not elite.

I actually really like Stafford and believe he is the best QB the Lions have had in many, many years. I don't think anyone is going to confuse him with the Manning, Brees, Brady and Rodgers of the NFL.

I'd say he is a top 10-12 QB in the NFL, who gets to pile up stats in a pass first offense. He also gets quite a few opportunities where Detroit is down in games and they have to pass the ball over and over to try and get back in it (not that this is good thing).

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No he is top ten in fantasy football also, nothing more. At least in ones were turnovers kill you just like in real world.

Stafford IMO has or will have 5-6 true receiving options around him this year(for fisrt time). Saw what Manning did with 5 receiving threats. Brady turned most #2 into #1WR (Moss exception).
It will not matter if Stafford does not work on his own game.

I have wondered if some of the arrogance in Stafford came from Schwartz? With 3 different sets of eyes this year, we shall see if he is coachable.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have wondered if some of the arrogance in Stafford came from Schwartz? With 3 different sets of eyes this year, we shall see if he is coachable.

I never thought about it like that. Maybe Schwartz did rub off on him a bit. I think all QB's, in general, are inherently arrogant -- seems like it just kind of comes with the position they play. Some are just more public with their arrogance.

I hope Caldwell is able to get thru to Stafford. He has the tools and the weapons to be one of the top QB's. Remains to be seen if he ever gets to that level though.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No he is top ten in fantasy football also, nothing more. At least in ones were turnovers kill you just like in real world.

The yardage he throws for is why I said elite for Fantasy Football. In the 3 leagues I play in -- you get big bonuses for 300 yards in a game. Only one of them are you really penalized for interceptions (-4 points), but you get an obnoxious amount for a TD pass (10 points).

I never draft a QB early and end up drafting Stafford almost every year in the 6th or 7th round. Last year was the 1st time I didn't have him in at least 2 leagues.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would rank my concerns as follows:

(1) Suh's future
(2) Other (Mayhew's ability)
(3) OL
(4) Stafford
(5) Swarm
(6) DB or CB
(7) Freese

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like DB/CB are taking this poll overwhelmingly.....I don't consider Suh's contract a weakness, If he goes, he goes and we are out of cap hell......So I'm ok either way on Suh's contract.....Will miss his production but won't miss the hostage negoation talks were in involved in with him.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would rank my concerns as follows:

(1) Suh's future
(2) Other (Mayhew's ability)
(3) OL
(4) Stafford
(5) Swarm
(6) DB or CB
(7) Freese

I did have Mayhew in there in a rough draft. For Meow though, not you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get into that kool-aid yet gandy......I truly want to believe it too but havn't seen anything in 40 years that can change my mind....

Such a weird feeling every year. Wanting to be excited but also having to hold back your emotions cause you know the team always implodes one way or another.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's interesting to look at this poll from early in the season and see how far the perception of our secondary has come. We still need to keep adding to the position- we need a nickle back and a dime back, pending Lawson's ability to recover, and Mathis is getting older every year (though he's still playing very well)- so we gotta keep that pipeline stocked, but the secondary has certainly proven to be a capable unit, and, imo, probably a top-ten secondary league-wide this season...