• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Steve Gregory reportedly being cut

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw this on ESPN's bottom line.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wasn't bad as a journeyman but they're still a little tighter than they like to be at this point in the cap so I'm not shocked.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amendola doesn't save any money.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know, waste of space though. Wish he could be traded. He's a waste of space on the roster with his injuries.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL I don't think Amendola is a waste of space he may some damn nice plays this year. Now as to Gregory being cut does this amp up the need for a SS or does BB think he has one on the stable.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL I don't think Amendola is a waste of space he may some damn nice plays this year. Now as to Gregory being cut does this amp up the need for a SS or does BB think he has one on the stable.

He did have some nice plays, some really nice plays.

When he was on the field.

And healthy.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did have some nice plays, some really nice plays.

When he was on the field.

And healthy.

Exactly and I seem to remember a ton of people talking about how Stafford was an injury issue been healthy for what two years now? Injuries happen, hell the talk now is Gronk is injury prone a lot of his time out was infection issues that prevented proper healing and rehab. Maybe he is injury prone maybe he isn't, but when healthy and on the field I think he is pretty darn good.

I also wonder if BB has his eye on Byrd in Buffalo there seems to be some issues with him and team reaching an agreement.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talib most likely will be gone too... The Patriots are not going to pay him what he wants... Patriots need serious help come draft time

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly and I seem to remember a ton of people talking about how Stafford was an injury issue been healthy for what two years now? Injuries happen, hell the talk now is Gronk is injury prone a lot of his time out was infection issues that prevented proper healing and rehab. Maybe he is injury prone maybe he isn't, but when healthy and on the field I think he is pretty darn good.

I also wonder if BB has his eye on Byrd in Buffalo there seems to be some issues with him and team reaching an agreement.

I'm ok with Byrd. I think he is looking more for winning and a change of scenery than he is money, to a point.
But isn't he more of a free safety than strong? I'm thinking we need more strong safety. McCourty does very well with the free.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talib most likely will be gone too... The Patriots are not going to pay him what he wants... Patriots need serious help come draft time

Talib is right in there with the injury bug. Has not played a complete season in what, 5...6 seasons?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talib is right in there with the injury bug. Has not played a complete season in what, 5...6 seasons?

That sounds about right. Let's hope BB does something with this draft

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's get all of our information correct. Patriots have been negotiating with Talib's agent. No one knows what's being asked or offered. Patriots have also been talking with Edelman's agent. They want to resign both.

What's really interesting is that the Patriots are in talks with the Tampa Bay Bucs and could make a trade for Derrelle Revis. The Broncos heard about it and have tried to make a move to get him. It appears part of the deal could be Amendola and the Pats first round pick.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's get all of our information correct. Patriots have been negotiating with Talib's agent. No one knows what's being asked or offered. Patriots have also been talking with Edelman's agent. They want to resign both.

What's really interesting is that the Patriots are in talks with the Tampa Bay Bucs and could make a trade for Derrelle Revis. The Broncos heard about it and have tried to make a move to get him. It appears part of the deal could be Amendola and the Pats first round pick.[/QUOTE]

Oh God No!!!!

Revis is NOT first round worthy anymore.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Swap 1st's and Amendola for Revis?

That I could handle.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A first rounder to pay a guy 16 per is too much. Especially when he could very well be our second best corner.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What's really interesting is that the Patriots are in talks with the Tampa Bay Bucs and could make a trade for Derrelle Revis. The Broncos heard about it and have tried to make a move to get him. It appears part of the deal could be Amendola and the Pats first round pick.

Okay where are you getting this information? And please let's remember the Pats have a history of letting quality CBs walk because they want to much money. IMO Revis seems to have fallen off and fallen off a lot, not sure I would trade Amendola and our first that would be absurd.