• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Steep price for Ramsey

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point that Rey's making, is later 1st round picks are a crapshoot, a gamble. As far as I'm concerned, if we don't get to pick until later in the first round, we'd be better served by trading out for more picks. Basically a 2nd round pick is about as good as a late first round player. Maybe someone with more time can research the raft for the past ten years and see if I/m correct.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point that Rey's making, is later 1st round picks are a crapshoot, a gamble. As far as I'm concerned, if we don't get to pick until later in the first round, we'd be better served by trading out for more picks. Basically a 2nd round pick is about as good as a late first round player. Maybe someone with more time can research the raft for the past ten years and see if I/m correct.

but the overall problem remains the same, we're old. we can't take those risks. we were 6-7 last year before foles saved the season. if wentz kept playing, we probably would have finished 8-8 at best. and now we're 3-3 this season with a tough schedule coming up.

it's not hard to move up a few spots in the draft. i'd much rather have two 1st rounders at something like 15-20 than risk a guy who is about to get paid and can leave. even if he stays, it's just more big money. we need young, cheap players to rebuild around. ramsey doesn't fit that right now. getting him would have just been buying time for this season and maybe next year. this team is getting like the phils back around 2011.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure that the Rams have a long term deal in place with him and his agent. So, he isn't going anywhere after this year.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but the overall problem remains the same, we're old. we can't take those risks. we were 6-7 last year before foles saved the season. if wentz kept playing, we probably would have finished 8-8 at best. and now we're 3-3 this season with a tough schedule coming up.

it's not hard to move up a few spots in the draft. i'd much rather have two 1st rounders at something like 15-20 than risk a guy who is about to get paid and can leave. even if he stays, it's just more big money. we need young, cheap players to rebuild around. ramsey doesn't fit that right now. getting him would have just been buying time for this season and maybe next year. this team is getting like the phils back around 2011.

I'm pretty sure any team that traded 2 1sts plus for Ramsey would have already had a long term deal in place and discussed with his agent "prior" to the deal. As far as picks go, again, the draft is a crap shoot and we would have gotten not only a sure thing, but one of the top 3 players and our biggest need position. A position that needs to be heavily addressed anyway with or without Ramsey. Plus we would have gotten Ramsey immediately ... not have to wait for some draft pick next year who would still have to go through growing pains as a rookie. So even if your draft pick eventually works out ... you're likely waiting a year or two on returns. And let's be real ... what are the chances a Corner picked between picks 15 and the end of Rd 1 turns out to be anywhere near as good as Ramsey? 1%??? You throw Ramsey into our mix and the 2ndary immediately improves ten fold ... we immediately stop being the laffing stock of secondaries and get back to being legit contenders in the NFC.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, you could see the smiles on Cousin's face when he walked up to the line of scrimmage, looking at our secondary. Similarly to Rodgers back when Billy Davis ran a joke of a defense.

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which makes him a problem player, not as bad as AB but too much for my liking at that price.

Keeping him out for his "back injury" was probably a decision more on the Jags front office / coaching staff than Ramsey

Despite what the Jags owner was saying the Jags FO were exploring trade options for Ramsey and didn't want to sabotage that with an actual injury to Ramsey

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time is getting short. If DJAX doesn't come back fully healthy VERY soon, they YES, I would sign AB for a one year rental. We need a reliable stud receiver.

Im sorry, but that’s crazy.

Dude is a god damn mess and walking kryptonite right now. He’s got bigger problems than football right now.

I want to see some changes too. Definitely some help at WR. But I couldn’t see us being any more successful with him than the Patriots were.

They should be spending more time checking on AJ Green, Emmanuel Sanders....hell I would look at Diggs over AB. Yep, all three would take picks to get. And each have age/health against them.

But I would take that over the black hole AB is.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should be spending more time checking on AJ Green, Emmanuel Sanders....hell I would look at Diggs over AB. Yep, all three would take picks to get. And each have age/health against them.

Emmanuel Sanders is perfect for us imo. Won't be expensive to trade for and is a perfect #2 who still has speed and he plays as hard as anyone play after play. Solid upgrade over Mack Hollins who may as well just stay home at this point.

Sparky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless he is out secret weapon sunday...

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Emmanuel Sanders is perfect for us imo. Won't be expensive to trade for and is a perfect #2 who still has speed and he plays as hard as anyone play after play. Solid upgrade over Mack Hollins who may as well just stay home at this point.

Agreed on this. Sanders would be my target out of them. Diggs has been up and down and can be a little too petulant for this squad. Green is up in years and way too injury prone at this point

Sanders was injured pretty bad recently but seems to have come back nicely. He can work intermediate to deep well enough to open things up.

I would be trying to get him as cheap as possible and trying to download Agholor for as much as I could possibly get.

Run Sanders and Jeffrey and DJax when back. You can slide both Sanders or Jackson into the slot interchangeably and let them do what they do. It could be a very good fit.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ramsey would solve a lot of problems in the secondary, but the biggest problem is tackling on all three levels. This team is always pulling at the ball with their open hands, but they never pop it loose with a helmet, shoulder, or fist. We're not physical enough.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im sorry, but that’s crazy.

Dude is a god damn mess and walking kryptonite right now. He’s got bigger problems than football right now.

I want to see some changes too. Definitely some help at WR. But I couldn’t see us being any more successful with him than the Patriots were.

But I would take that over the black hole AB is.
AB is the best WR on the planet. Our WRs suck. Who gives a fuck about anything else.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ramsey would solve a lot of problems in the secondary, but the biggest problem is tackling on all three levels. This team is always pulling at the ball with their open hands, but they never pop it loose with a helmet, shoulder, or fist. We're not physical enough.

I made that comment last night about how no one seems to wrap up. They all go to that big shoulder shot and never wrap the player.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's to the point where trading for anyone is a complete waste now. the team needs a massive overhaul.