• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

STEELERS MEDIA THREAD PART 2

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blindsided!

Makes me wonder if his plan was "Pittsburgh or Bust" all along? Crazy that he would walk away from the game in his prime and right before cashing in his biggest contract yet. Oh well! But one thing is for sure, he made a lot of money last year. If I made close to $12mil last year then I would probably retire too lol. Maybe he is deciding to walk away while he has his health and before the game starts to take its toll. Whatever the case, he earned his money and he's qualified for the NFL pension plan ($12k/yr or something like that). So he can live comfortably off his $13.5mil he accrued during his 5 seasons with the Steelers.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cali Steel

Poster Extraordinaire !!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.18
Fav. Team #1
The Steelers reportedly had offered McCain a three-year contract but there is no word as to much the total value was in addition to how much was guaranteed. McCain certainly played above the line last season on his one-year prove-it deal and it’s not surprising to see him get early attention this offseason.

Playin like he needed a job.
I think he did well. Most likely going to miss him on the team.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posted all those in the Free Agency thread.

McCain... Heard we offered him a deal but he chased greener pastures.
P-Robinson... Would be worth it for the right price. Several teams in the mix so not sure how likely it is.
D-Will... Quality runner. Would love to have him. If not him, then Pierre Thomas would be worth a look.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posted all those in the Free Agency thread.

McCain... Heard we offered him a deal but he chased greener pastures.
P-Robinson... Would be worth it for the right price. Several teams in the mix so not sure how likely it is.
D-Will... Quality runner. Would love to have him. If not him, then Pierre Thomas would be worth a look.

LOL, sorry, just seen that thread....
Only problem with D-Will is he is a starter in the NFL, How is he (like Blount) going to go for being a backup.
And yet a backup that is younger en sech....Although you and I and the rest of Steeler Nation knows he is The Best Back in the League!!!!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, sorry, just seen that thread....
Only problem with D-Will is he is a starter in the NFL, How is he (like Blount) going to go for being a backup.
And yet a backup that is younger en sech....Although you and I and the rest of Steeler Nation knows he is The Best Back in the League!!!!
Yea but D-will is 31 years old... He has to know that his days as a starter are winding down. This could be the best path to ending his career... Getting paid well while playing in a limited fashion, and staying healthy. If I were in his shoes, I would be all over this!

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea but D-will is 31 years old... He has to know that his days as a starter are winding down. This could be the best path to ending his career... Getting paid well while playing in a limited fashion, and staying healthy. If I were in his shoes, I would be all over this!

Very good point, lets just keep our fingers crossed he sees it that way.
Who knows what any RB would think to come in and for Le'Veon's suspention have killer games and then think, 'Hey, I should be the starter' Nothing bigger or worse than an ego!!!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very good point, lets just keep our fingers crossed he sees it that way.
Who knows what any RB would think to come in and for Le'Veon's suspention have killer games and then think, 'Hey, I should be the starter' Nothing bigger or worse than an ego!!!
Reminds me of Blount, especially after the Carolina game... :L

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ranked as the 7th highest performance based check... Think he earned his extension!??? Fuck yea he did

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

woodson.gif

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Surprised this deal wasn't closer to $120... Sounds & looks like Ben agreed to a team friendly contract instead of making the team pay out the ass for him.