• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

STEELERS MEDIA THREAD PART 2

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate Bayless, but I like the confidence in PIT. Tad optimistic but that’s in short supply in regards to this team.

I do prefer this team to be viewed as an underdog. Because in terms of success, Tomlin’s team has always been afraid of its own shadow

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate Bayless, but I like the confidence in PIT. Tad optimistic but that’s in short supply in regards to this team.

I do prefer this team to be viewed as an underdog. Because in terms of success, Tomlin’s team has always been afraid of its own shadow

Oh hell dude.....him and Sharpe....the two most annoying mother fuckers on the planet.
They had to put a hot chick on the show with massive cleavage just to get a few people to watch that fuckin shit show.....
But it does no good because the finest Jimmy jams in all the world are not enough to cancel out those two loud mouth asshats.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will probably never see another player in our lifetime as amazing as Troy!!!!

And I was around for the Steel Curtain guys and Woodson. I'll put watching Troy over watching them all.
Our D was incredible when he was on the field, yet when he was off the field, our D completely sucked.
No one elevated a team like he did.....anytime I hear Renegade, I think of Troy!!!!!

Mangler

Dis-member
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh hell dude.....him and Sharpe....the two most annoying mother fuckers on the planet.
They had to put a hot chick on the show with massive cleavage just to get a few people to watch that fuckin shit show.....
But it does no good because the finest Jimmy jams in all the world are not enough to cancel out those two loud mouth asshats.
stop sugar coating it and tell us how you really feel...

Mangler

Dis-member
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will probably never see another player in our lifetime as amazing as Troy!!!!

And I was around for the Steel Curtain guys and Woodson. I'll put watching Troy over watching them all.
Our D was incredible when he was on the field, yet when he was off the field, our D completely sucked.
No one elevated a team like he did.....anytime I hear Renegade, I think of Troy!!!!!

Troy is a total class act too....unlike some recently departed dickheads..

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Troy is a total class act too....unlike some recently departed dickheads..

And still a class act after Tomlin literally fucked him over and forced him to retire.....

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also forced out Hines Ward, Bruce Arians, Dick LeBeau, and probably Keisel too

Damn straight.
Who knows how many decent players he forced out.
Personally Hines Ward was the first nail in the coffin for my outlook on Tomlin, and it NEVER got any better.
Here we are, how many years later, and Tomlin's stupidity has grown by miles......

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After reading the article title I said, “well yea they do almost every year”

Glad they pointed it out in the article about Rashaan Evans last year, and the CBs in the years before that. Colbert has reportedly pursued trading up many times during Tomlin’s tenure, but never have given up the capital to achieve it.

I was very surprised they didn’t make it happen last year. I think Colbert was simply hoping that all 3 ILBs they wanted weren’t going in 1st. Evans went 22nd overall and the Steelers were drafting from the 28th spot. The problem I think they had was the targeted trade partners were Detroit & Cincinnati. A beat writer tweeted it after the draft saying Dallas selecting Leighton Vander-Esch at 19th overall spurred Colbert into action because he knew the Titans were wanting LVE. So in order to move in front of TEN they had 2 options, Detroit at 20th overall or Cincinnati at 21st. Now we can easily assume that Cincy will never be a suitable trade partner. They probably had an absurd demand, or simply they didn’t want to let a division rival “land their guy”. So that left Detroit. My guess is Detroit had no intention of a trade at that point in the draft. They had their eyes on a guy and he fell to them.

That’s the risk you take when you play the board as the chips fall. If the Steelers were dead-set on drafting a guy they would have made the move long before LVE was drafted. I think they were simply playing the odds and hoping 1/3 would be there at 28.

This year there’s only 2 guys I could see them moving up for. Devin White or Devin Bush. And IMHO, only 1 of those guys is worth the draft capital: White. As it stands now, there are 3 teams ahead of PIT that have a need at ILB. TB, DEN & CIN. If the Steelers are dead set on landing one of those guys, they will need to trade into the top 10, which will take a king’s ransom. And I’m guessing Colbert will once again let the chips fall. If White gets drafted by TB, that will spur Colbert into calling around to trade up for Bush which means targeting BUF at 9th. There’s a small window between TB & DEN’s pick, so I doubt it will happen unless they have already decided they are willing to give up the king’s ransom.