• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

STEELERS MEDIA THREAD PART 2

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is just ridiculous isn't it? Peter King saying AB isn't a top 20 WR and removed him from his all pro ballot because of the situation with the team. I can understand taking him off the All Pro ballot, but to say he wasn't at least a top 20 receiver is just ridiculous, no?

11th in yards
9th in receptions
1st in touchdowns
10th in ypg
13th in yac

Peter King removes Antonio Brown from All-Pro ballot due to situation with Steelers

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe you should go argue your opinion with Peter King.

I'm sure he'd enjoy listening to your carousel of bullshit.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm never heard this. I’m wondering if it’s something like Porter pushing his guys to be more physical in practice. Something that has often drawn the ire from the O-line in years past. Can’t imagine Porter was intentionally trying to divide the locker room.

I love how the story goes into his career bullshit instead of the actual incident.

It was the second article I'd seen about it tho.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you guys feel about Hines Ward being left out again? Justified or was this the year he should've been inducted?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you guys feel about Hines Ward being left out again? Justified or was this the year he should've been inducted?
Justified. It may be a while before Hines sees a finalist position in the HOF voting. Problem is there is still a logjam at WR and Ward simply doesn't have the accumulated accolades that some of the people waiting in line do.

I think now that Isaac Bruce is in, the only people standing in his way will be Tory Holt & (if he doesn't get in next year) Reggie Wayne. Reggie Wayne could be a shoe-in in his first year of eligibility in 2020, but Ward could possibly be voted in over or with Holt in 2019. There are still some names out there demanding votes: Cliff Branch, Henry Ellard, Irving Fryar, Jimmy Smith, Derrick Mason, etc. And players with lesser accolades that are getting votes like Sterling Sharpe, Rod Smith, Joey Galloway, Gary Clark, etc. As you can see there are lots of names standing in line, and that line gets longer by the year with people like Reggie Wayne, Calvin Johnson, Roddie White, Andre Johnson, Anquan Boldin, etc all becoming eligible (5 years post retirement minimum) within the next 2-3 years.

Ward was a great player, one of my favorites to ever play in PIT. We all loved the way he played and what he brought to the team, but his stats aren't the type that will jump out and demand votes. His best chance of getting in will be next year. What makes me believe that is he has been voted a semifinalist over some of the players that I listed above that have better stats.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Justified. It may be a while before Hines sees a finalist position in the HOF voting. Problem is there is still a logjam at WR and Ward simply doesn't have the accumulated accolades that some of the people waiting in line do.

I think now that Isaac Bruce is in, the only people standing in his way will be Tory Holt & (if he doesn't get in next year) Reggie Wayne. Reggie Wayne could be a shoe-in in his first year of eligibility in 2020, but Ward could possibly be voted in over or with Holt in 2019. There are still some names out there demanding votes: Cliff Branch, Henry Ellard, Irving Fryar, Jimmy Smith, Derrick Mason, etc. And players with lesser accolades that are getting votes like Sterling Sharpe, Rod Smith, Joey Galloway, Gary Clark, etc. As you can see there are lots of names standing in line, and that line gets longer by the year with people like Reggie Wayne, Calvin Johnson, Roddie White, Andre Johnson, Anquan Boldin, etc all becoming eligible (5 years post retirement minimum) within the next 2-3 years.

Ward was a great player, one of my favorites to ever play in PIT. We all loved the way he played and what he brought to the team, but his stats aren't the type that will jump out and demand votes. His best chance of getting in will be next year. What makes me believe that is he has been voted a semifinalist over some of the players that I listed above that have better stats.

I think Hines deserves to be in for sure. It's just a luck of the draw in terms of who you are on the ballot with I think. I also think that Hines is put up on a pedestal by us Steelers fans because of his play and what he's done for us. I would personally put Hines Ward over Derrick Mason and Jimmy Smith.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Hines deserves to be in for sure. It's just a luck of the draw in terms of who you are on the ballot with I think. I also think that Hines is put up on a pedestal by us Steelers fans because of his play and what he's done for us. I would personally put Hines Ward over Derrick Mason and Jimmy Smith.
Any one of us would. Now that Moss, Owens, and now Bruce are out of his way there shouldn't be any reason to keep him out. Only maybe 1-2 names have the flashy numbers to detract votes from Ward, but you won't find a single one of those voters claiming that there is a more complete receiver on the list more deserving that Hines. He should be voted in during the next vote. Just my 2 cents.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any one of us would. Now that Moss, Owens, and now Bruce are out of his way there shouldn't be any reason to keep him out. Only maybe 1-2 names have the flashy numbers to detract votes from Ward, but you won't find a single one of those voters claiming that there is a more complete receiver on the list more deserving that Hines. He should be voted in during the next vote. Just my 2 cents.

I hope so. Would love for Hines to get in sooner rather than later. What do you think the chances are of Faneca getting in? I think they are good. Issac Bruce, Tony Gonzalez and Champ Bailey, I think are the only guys locked in before you would get to Faneca.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope so. Would love for Hines to get in sooner rather than later. What do you think the chances are of Faneca getting in? I think they are good. Issac Bruce, Tony Gonzalez and Champ Bailey, I think are the only guys locked in before you would get to Faneca.
Not really sure on Faneca. I thought he was a lock last year. Being his 4th straight year as a HOF finalist you would think the odds are stacked in his favor. The other O-lineman finalists this year: Steve Hutchinson & Kevin Mawae. Neither have the accolades that hold a candle to Faneca. So if an O-lineman gets inducted, it will be Faneca. There is no comparison. But it has been historically tough to get in as a lineman. He was widely regarded as the biggest snub for the class of 2018 so hopefully he has better luck this year.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Brucey & Byron together again... And it feels so good. Wouldn't be surprised if Roethlisberger trade rumors surface because of this duo.